The Rumour Thread

What a fantastic Beastof Nurgle, hope more Chaos Blood bowl comes out, its very versatile for AoS. Remember the days when people used warhammer releases to convert into bloodbowl teams...

To be fair one of my favourite White Dwarf conversions was of Grim Ironjaw (old version) converted with a simple piece of Chain to become a Slayer Hero in the War of the Beard/grudges Campaign.

12 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Fair enough it might not appeal to me, but then again it’s been 2 years since Deathwatch and genestealer. No good models since then since I don’t like Primaris and they still haven’t given Tau or dark Eldar new models. They didn’t make any new armies that appeal to me either like a Kroot or new xenos in general. They sure act like they don’t want my money. Hence my cynism it’s been a long rough road and the only great thing is orks getting updated in two years. I’m too skeptical of 40k GW to think rt will ever become a full army, and now a little worried if they did it would be an imperial guard refluff. 

Dark Eldar models are glorious. Easily some of the best going just now.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Nos said:

Dark Eldar models are glorious. Easily some of the best going just now.

Agreed, Dark Eldar were a release ahead of their time. Shame they didn’t get round to releasing a Vect model. One day, hopefully he’ll make a triumphant return. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MacDuff said:

How can that Nurgle Spawn dude manage to move around a Bloodbowl pitch? Or is he more like terrain?

I imagine it just flops around dragging itself with its arms to get around, it's probably pretty slow too.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

Thank you very much for these very interesting contributions to AOS rumours.

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

May i forward your contribution to the DAKKA DAKKA 40K forum ?

And thank you for the even more fitting contributions to the Rumour topic. 

Has anyone more Infos on when this dakka dakka release is coming and what exactly it is? A new faction just soon expansion for Iron Jaws or the wished for legions of nagash style book for destruction? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, MacDuff said:

How can that Nurgle Spawn dude manage to move around a Bloodbowl pitch? Or is he more like terrain?

It's nurgle, it probably has an army of its own maggots underneath it - or cockroaches or worms or a mix! 

Also its muscle structure is likely all over the place so it might be able to build up quite a speed bounding along like a walrus - whilst bits of it fall off and ooze and puss dribble and splurt from its various openings and sores; all to a cloud of belching festering smells that make your stomach turn! 

• Like 1

Skaven are like a few other armies in that if they just clean them up and give them a single Battletome they are ready to go with little more than needing 3 endless spells. Provided AoS gets a year of Battletomes now that 40K is mostly out of the way (though tey are sure dragging their heels with those orks and stealers), it should clean up AoS no end! Heck by the 2019 Generals Handbook we could have a very neat game with multiple completed bigger factions! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

Skyre battle tome is due late February early March 2019 have seen no evidence of new models so it may be this turns out to be the skaven LoN book rather than pure Skyre. Stormfiend on the front cover though. 

Skryre/Skaven battletome! Today is a good day. I really hope this rumour is true, I also hope we get some plastic models for Acolytes (nightrunners and gutterrunners as well if they're going joined skaven, would love an army of ninja rats) at the very least although it would be amazing to get plastic version of all of the old metal and "finecast" models . The ancient models are literally the only thing stopping me from buying into them tbh. 

On 9/7/2018 at 9:11 AM, Chikout said:

War of Sigmar. 

They are promising a beasts of Chaos review on September 15th.

It seems that will be the preorder date; a week earlier than I thought. 

In other news we have a pretty good nurgle spawn model, courtesy of bloodbowl 41079293_388538698634378_7141333554322997248_o.jpg.f2724667d4a78305fd3663e5cde272d8.jpg

Is it meant to look like The emoji ****** or is that just coincidence? ? 

The big guys in the new Rogue Trader set are great spawn options too

Edited by Nos
  • Haha 3

@Nos Its a good time for spawn and Nurgle alike, the rogue trader big mutants will eadily make some AoS conversions. Rot ringers also available this weekend, the smaller Infected linesmen are much better than I 8magined, eould make some very cool Nurgle Marauders and cultists. Pestigors aren’t as shabby as pr3viously thought, shame its the same pose.

@Kurrilino I’m assuming you’ve had some unpleasant encounters with either Dark Eldar or 40k in general to need to sarcastically remark  on two posts of a 624 page thread. Took up two posts to say we’re wasting precious post space....

3 hours ago, Icegoat said:

Skyre battle tome is due late February early March 2019 have seen no evidence of new models so it may be this turns out to be the skaven LoN book rather than pure Skyre. Stormfiend on the front cover though. 

Could I ask where you got the rumour from (so long as it's not revealing personal information)? :)

• Thanks 1

All I can say is I do not work for games workshop. I have never seen or been inside the design studio or anything like that. I also am not privy to any new model releases but would usually be informed of them by others if they were happening. That's why I am fairly certain no new models will be out with the stormfiend book. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So planing on a early march - april new army, what things are almost sure we would have?

Battleforces: SCE, nighthaunt, DoK, beast of chaos and maybe Idoneth. If we don't see SCE or Nighthaunt could be nurgle or a new mixed one for LoN. Maybe fireslayers? 

And for releases we have grots, slanesh and maybe new Aelfs (light or shadow).

Anything else to choose from??? New Start collecting maybe for disciples of Tzeentch? Too early for a idoneth starter, maybe DoK...

I think I will wait till Aelfs but seems too long 

@Hoseman I thought there were mentions of Darkoath at some point. Which would make sense as so far Night Haunt, Stormcast and (maybe) Moonclan seem to be or will get attention. That leaves the Warqueen from Malign Portents as the the only leader without a likewise force. 

Edited by Kronos

4 hours ago, Kronos said:

@Hoseman I thought there were mentions of Darkoath at some point. Which would make sense as so far Night Haunt, Stormcast and (maybe) Moonclan seem to be or will get attention. That leaves the Warqueen from Malign Portents as the the only leader without a likewise force. 

She's Darkoath tho