The Rumour Thread

12 hours ago, Mayple said:

Sep4-RumourEngine.jpg

Call me crazy, but I'm getting a very Kharadron-esque vibe from this thing. More rounded than the hard angled stuff of the 40k universe.

Sisters of battle maybe

Edit: Looks like the underside of a hover vehicle. Primaris hover bikers would be cool, or some sort of land speeder alternative.

Edited by 123lac

15 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

40k never ever ever rocks the boat with any of its releases and the faster people learn that the less disappointed they will be. That's why I came to AoS in the first place. 

Sure, I mean Genestealer Cults, AdMech, and now Rogue Traders never happened right?

Hell, Primaris and Guilliman certainly rocked the boat for a lot of people. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Less rocking the boat than you think. It’s just nostalgia bringing them back. They used to be around way back. 

More rocking than YOU are willing to except. RT are a long time wished for daction. Them returning makes big waves. And even if its most to nostalgia, it nevertheless rocks a Boat quite heavy. It's the continuation of a trend that started with GSC and to a certain degree with death guard. It hails the willingness of GW to return to old fluff and minor factions. It offers hope that we will see re-iterations of Exodites, chaos Eldar, small factions like Hrud and co. as well as new, expended races only mentioned in old background texts. 

Note that you could include SoB in that list, but as they are definitely coming, it's only a further argument, that the 40k Boat turned into a party boat quite recently - and than are orks comin', moshin the party up, rockin' the boat to a point of tippin over.

Or going by your logic: Nighhaunts - just an expended line of ghosts. Idoneth - just some dark elves with thier Cthulhu theme turned up to 3. Sisters of Khaine - boring, been there, done that. KO - 'member Dwarf zepelins and helis? yep KO are just that with more armour slaped on to them. Unimagnative stuff, that won'T rock anyones boat....

Edited by Bloodmaster
  • Like 9

On 9/3/2018 at 4:10 PM, 123lac said:

Will Seraphon get new models? The saurus and skinks look like they were designed 15+ years ago.

Back in the Warseer days Harry stated as part of the change to "this new round base skirmish game" we would see an army like Lizardmen continue but they wouldn't get new models.  Unless there is some crazy sales of Lizardmen/Seraphon I can't see him being wrong about that.  

On September 4, 2018 at 3:57 PM, Carnelian said:

I think Rogue Trader is rocking the boat a bit! 

I know RT rocked my mental boat just today. Some of you might know that I'm a frequent contributor to the Warhammer Quest forum (here's to you, Mr. White and Sharkbelly). It's making me sad how Shadespire, the lack of WHQ new releases, and very few easy-to-accomplish WD support cards have dampened enthusiasm for a great RPG-lite product line. But Rogue Trader's combat in confined spaces got me thinking - why can't two armies fight each other in a dungeon, if you build it right? It gives new life to WQ, let's you use your hero bands with hired support troops (ala AHQ), and offers a new play mode. I just hope the rumors of ST and SOH being permanently gone aren't true!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MacDuff said:

I know RT rocked my mental boat just today. Some of you might know that I'm a frequent contributor to the Warhammer Quest forum (here's to you, Mr. White and Sharkbelly). It's making me sad how Shadespire, the lack of WHQ new releases, and very few easy-to-accomplish WD support cards have dampened enthusiasm for a great RPG-lite product line. But Rogue Trader's combat in confined spaces got me thinking - why can't two armies fight each other in a dungeon, if you build it right? It gives new life to WQ, let's you use your hero bands with hired support troops (ala AHQ), and offers a new play mode. I just hope the rumors of ST and SOH being permanently gone aren't true!

I looked at the rt rules for 40k and all I see is bog standard lasguns and guardsman profile. Of all the ways to make rt they make it as boring as possible. Really rocking the boat there 40k. The models looked intriguing but the rules meh, if anyone should have cool tricks and technology due to wealth it’s a Rogue Trader and their crew. I want to like 40k I really do because I remember loving the lore growing up but recently feels like they lost their mojo. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Remember that those mini-codexes only represent only that particular factions, e.g. Elucidian Starstriders, not Rogue Traders. Wait for WHQ40K: Blackstone Fortress for more Rogue Traders miniatures. They will probably get more rules in the Codex: Imperial Agents. Remember, this is just the start of new narrative, don't expect everything from the beginning.

And the most important - stop assuming that if this release doesn't "rock your boat" it doesn't rock a boat for everyone else. Personally,I can't wait for RT.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, michu said:

Remember that those mini-codexes only represent only that particular factions, e.g. Elucidian Starstriders, not Rogue Traders. Wait for WHQ40K: Blackstone Fortress for more Rogue Traders miniatures. They will probably get more rules in the Codex: Imperial Agents. Remember, this is just the start of new narrative, don't expect everything from the beginning.

And the most important - stop assuming that if this release doesn't "rock your boat" it doesn't rock a boat for everyone else. Personally,I can't wait for RT.

Fair enough it might not appeal to me, but then again it’s been 2 years since Deathwatch and genestealer. No good models since then since I don’t like Primaris and they still haven’t given Tau or dark Eldar new models. They didn’t make any new armies that appeal to me either like a Kroot or new xenos in general. They sure act like they don’t want my money. Hence my cynism it’s been a long rough road and the only great thing is orks getting updated in two years. I’m too skeptical of 40k GW to think rt will ever become a full army, and now a little worried if they did it would be an imperial guard refluff. 

Edited by Barkanaut

27 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Fair enough it might not appeal to me, but then again it’s been 2 years since Deathwatch and genestealer. No good models since then since I don’t like Primaris and they still haven’t given Tau or dark Eldar new models. They didn’t make any new armies that appeal to me either like a Kroot or new xenos in general. They sure act like they don’t want my money. Hence my cynism it’s been a long rough road and the only great thing is orks getting updated in two years. I’m too skeptical of 40k GW to think rt will ever become a full army, and now a little worried if they did it would be an imperial guard refluff. 

Okay, also an actual response because although I disagree fully I also respect that everyone experiences the releases different. And i’m  not telling you to enjoy everything. If you don’t like, that’s fine. But don’t rain on other people’s parade. 

Personally I never played 40k, so no nostalgia there. But the set up of Kill Team is getting me there, and the rogue trader models might just tip me over the edge. They just look fantastic. Even without nostalgia in the mix. 

Adding to that, I think Gw is going by a great strategy. By using the elements that drew people in, in the first place they keep longer customers happy as its recognisable. Playing into nostalgia at places. But for new players it must be a very cool time to jump into fantasy. New armies, most of them with models, every other month this year. With wildly different styles.

take Daughters of Khaine for example, yes it uses old models but if I started in AOS, I’m seeing a beautiful mix of lithe aggressive elf maidens with medusa/snake elf’s. Lorded over with (personal opinion) on of the most beautiful big model in the game. 

As an older player I get the chance to use my old witch elf’s and cauldron as the basis for a new army. I think the strategy really works. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, hughwyeth said:

I'd like to see a source for that rumour.

War of Sigmar. 

They are promising a beasts of Chaos review on September 15th.

It seems that will be the preorder date; a week earlier than I thought. 

In other news we have a pretty good nurgle spawn model, courtesy of bloodbowl 41079293_388538698634378_7141333554322997248_o.jpg.f2724667d4a78305fd3663e5cde272d8.jpg

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

War of Sigmar. 

In other news we have a pretty good nurgle spawn model, courtesy of bloodbowl 41079293_388538698634378_7141333554322997248_o.jpg.f2724667d4a78305fd3663e5cde272d8.jpg

That spawn needs to be reclining on a chaise longue! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

War of Sigmar. 

Imperial Knights Special Characters gets on Pre-Order on 15th, according to what is available in White Dwarf. Also expected Beasts of Chaos week after at the earliest. But the sooner the better I am as inpatient as full of Bloodgreed Bullgor can be!

BRING IT ON! as Harry used to say ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MacDuff said:

I've thought about something like this as well. Using the Hammerhal tiles as a dungeon and the Shadespire warbands as the parties, I think it's very doable to do some AoS dungeon skirmishing. I'll probably work on it some in a few months.

• Like 2