The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Maybe because the first sets (SCE and NH) didn't do that much sales...Who knows? (GW for sure)

We know GW works on a long timeframe, they know when they want to drop stuff at least 2 years in advance.  Sales have little short term impact but will influence future sales predictions.

• Like 2

By "Realm stuff" I do mean how GW handles and deals with things like realm spells, artifcats and the like. that whole area can chop and change, vanish or stay or be significantly altered as its just words on a page - as opposed to models. It's also my impression that there is more debate on the balance and structure of the artifacts introduced in MS as opposed to the Endless Spells added to the game. 

As for battletomes, there are a lot of factions that are one model or are only one half of a duel kit. Some have one unique model that is finecast and not even in plastic. As a result many of those tiny factions are in a risky position and could be removed. Of course GW has shown that they'd rather combine them and keep them and that is the path I hope they take; but until they confirm it with an update to those factions specifically we really don't know. 

40 minutes ago, michu said:

You realize that if the endless spells ID and DoK were to be released, they would already have been produced? NH and ScE sales would not affect this.

No. The only thing that cost is the mould creation. And for 3 ES, it is only (probably) one big sprue. So, even if the spells have been created, if they see that the sales are not that big, the schedule is shifted and the mould creation is done later....

1 hour ago, Mayple said:

Sep4-RumourEngine.jpg

Call me crazy, but I'm getting a very Kharadron-esque vibe from this thing. More rounded than the hard angled stuff of the 40k universe.

Hope is the first step to disappointment - to use a famous quote from 40k, the system that this is from. Its something new for Primaris, probably a new grav-tank.

on a different note - thats probably the largest part of a mini that we have seen on the Rumour Engine in along time.

Edited by Bloodmaster

1 hour ago, Mayple said:

Sep4-RumourEngine.jpg

Call me crazy, but I'm getting a very Kharadron-esque vibe from this thing. More rounded than the hard angled stuff of the 40k universe.

It probably isn't and doesn't really fit style wise (at least from this image) but it would be cool if it where something Skryre related... it's more likely it's something 40k related though.

11 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Not enough rivets for KO. By the way the hint for the October white dwarf is a return to The underworlds. So that pretty much confirms Nightvault for a late September or early October release.

Some previews have been around for up to a year. Still as a hardcore KO player this doesn't look like KO. Not enough rivets and chains. Or domes for ships. Its definitely Imperial of some sort. Probably safe bet its something for Primaris marines until proven otherwise. Some speculate rogue trader, but I really doubt that GW would do that. They've said KT is meant to explore smaller factions that don't get full codices and even given them a mini-codice in KT itself. So I don't see it as a thing. Now I would love for 40k to do something as creative as a rogue trader release, and even more happy if it was KO. I am telling you right now though its probably not. Like 99.999999999999999999999999999% unlikely to be that. With GW telling us the next three "new" confirmed armies are all chaos marine chapters I mean do you think they'll rock the boat with a new army now lol? Especially when primaris players complaining they don't have enough stuff. Here's the 40k release window for the next 2 years. 6+ marine releases spread across chaos and imp probably 2 non-marine Imp releases. And maybe 2 xenos updates in that time. 

40k never ever ever rocks the boat with any of its releases and the faster people learn that the less disappointed they will be. That's why I came to AoS in the first place. 

Edited by Barkanaut
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The design is (for me) clearly something close to Space marine. I won't be surprised that it is transport or speed related (bike, speeder, transport....) as I've read rumors about those. And Orktober being speed freak related make me think that there should be a primaris counter part (which could fill a big whole in this army)

4 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

40k never ever ever rocks the boat with any of its releases and the faster people learn that the less disappointed they will be. That's why I came to AoS in the first place. 

That's just, like, you know, your opinion - a flawed one, some might dare to say. Rough trader is a phenomenal release. Slaaneshi Emperors Children can be Ace if done right. Gene Stealer Cult was great, the gunslinger is absolutely gorgeous. And God knows what minor factions we might see in the next few years.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Ain't that the truth. And you can only stand so many of the damn campaigns, conflicts and whatnot ending in a pyrrhic victory with catastrophic casualties for both sides before you say "****** this" and find a more interesting setting. Like, say, Age of Sigmar.

Edit: apparently, the forum does not allow me to use the word for a certain kind of fastener made out of metal and with a helical ridge.

Edited by Yokai
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1