The Rumour Thread

If the artwork is still something to go by, there is definitely a blood hound in the background of the khorne v/s slaanesh video, biting into something large slaaneshi (fiend?).  Too bad daemonettes still look the same, I don’t really like their current look. 

I hope we’ll get some mortal slaanesh warband in the Warhammer underworlds. It would make sense, fluff-wise for seekers to go into shadespire... and as far as I understand the nightvault is inside the city of shadespire. 

My only real Deamonette hate is that they have arms that joint at the midpoint of the upper arm. It's horrible making those kind of joins because there's no "cup" or slot and instead just a flat sliding surface! Why they couldn't just put a peg and slot arrangement with the rim of the bracelet being the sealing area I will never know (they've done the same for lots of Daughter's of Khaine models too - gah! )

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elfhead said:

hope we’ll get some mortal slaanesh warband in the Warhammer underworlds. It would make sense, fluff-wise for seekers to go into shadespire... and as far as I understand the nightvault is inside the city of shadespire

There was that Malign Portents story in the book about Kharadron finding Sigvald's shield in Shadespire, and not returning. Maybe that wasn't just a throwaway short story, and might actually signal something.

What we actually can clearly see on the Wrath and Rapture teaser is: slanesh daemonettes, bloodcrushers, bloodletters. 

Knowing that slanesh has been more or less officially anounced for end 2018/start 2019, that means that we also get an additional and NEW sprue (= a new character or a fresh bigger unit ). I'm not a big fan of khorne daemons and we already have the SC (https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Start-Collecting-Daemons-of-Khorne-2018) meaning nothing will be really new on this side...

1 minute ago, Overread said:

My only real Deamonette hate is that they have arms that joint at the midpoint of the upper arm. It's horrible making those kind of joins because there's no "cup" or slot and instead just a flat sliding surface! Why they couldn't just put a peg and slot arrangement with the rim of the bracelet being the sealing area I will never know (they've done the same for lots of Daughter's of Khaine models too - gah! )

I'm convinced that who ever designed the Slaanesh stuff wanted to make it as difficult as possible to keep in one piece. So many of my daemonettes have lost their arms because their claw got stuck in foam and the connection was too small to hold it together. I'll not even go into the whips on the chariot.

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Chariot Whips is something I'd really like to see change. Just because those whips are really mad and all over the place - plus it looks really odd when it comes to the 40K world 

Agreed. I'd really like to see fewer whips in their range - no one in the history of ever has said "I'm really glad that this model has a thin bit of plastic protruding from it, making it all but impossible to carry without breaking".

1 minute ago, ChatBatFun said:

Does anyone actually want slaanesh over moonclan?!?!?

No offense to Moonclan, but I am more excited for Slaanesh to get a release. Not just because I like the faction more, but also because it's much more likely to advance the lore in a very big way.

That said, Moonclan (and just Destruction in general) probably needs a release more.

1 hour ago, Infeston said:

As someone who doesn't play 40k and as a Destruction AoS player I have to say that I find the news a bit underwhelming.

I also always fear that all the rumors about a new Moonclan Grot army will turn out to be false and that we will instead "only" get a Moonclan shadespire warband instead of a full new army. 

I mean this would still be better than not getting anything, but I still think I would be very disappointed.

But I am still happy for all the people who got something out of the reveals for them. Sadly the little flying squig couldn't really satisfy me, because it is for Shadespire again. 

If they would have teased the squig with "A preview for an upcoming army" I would be hyped. But after this reveal I fear that all the Moonclan rumours will turn out to be just a sharespire warband. I mean it would still be cool to get new models, but also a kick in the nuts for some Destruction fans.

Or do we really have relatively confirmed rumours about a new grot army? Could all the rumours maybe also turn out to be just a Shadespire warband and maybe some information was misinterpreted?

It's pretty solidly confirmed that Moonclan are getting a full release. Obviously at the rumour stage nothing is set in stone, but at this point it'd be very surprising if it was just a Shadespire warband, and would involve previously very reliable rumour-mongers turning out to be wrong. Not to mention it'd make the Malign Portents Cave Shaman very puzzling. 

7 minutes ago, ChatBatFun said:

While I don't have any intention of collecting a Slaanesh army, lore-wise the escape of Slaanesh from imprisonment is way more interesting and exciting to me. I could see it heralding a whole new Malign Portents-esque campaign, and it's likely to be followed by the release of the Shadow Elves and Light Elves who I think could be super interesting. So to me Slaanesh is more exciting than Moonclan, even though I'd 100% concede that  Destruction needs a new army waaaaaay more than Chaos at this stage.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'm convinced that who ever designed the Slaanesh stuff wanted to make it as difficult as possible to keep in one piece. So many of my daemonettes have lost their arms because their claw got stuck in foam and the connection was too small to hold it together. I'll not even go into the whips on the chariot.

At least the current version is an upgrade from the Juan Diaz daemonettes. Preparing to battle means usually gluing at least 10 arms back in to the models.

Edited by Jamopower
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChatBatFun said:

I do from a lore perspective but I honestly think Moonclan (and Destruction as a whole) need some loving a  hell of a lot more. Also I would kill for a Skryre, Moulder or Eshin (especially Eshin, give me an army of really nice updated ninja rats GW) release/repackaging, a lot of those models are ancient.

20 minutes ago, ChatBatFun said:

I mean on a personal level the only interest I have in Moonclan is to help balance our the overall rosters and to give Destruction players some much needed love. I've never been interested in the Orc and Goblins of Warhammer (squigs are alright but unless they evolve them more I can't help but see the variants are just different sizes of the same thing). In contract Slaanesh was my first army and I ended up selling it due to weak rules (7th edition 40k), old models and lack of variety so I'd love a revamp of the range.

As for the overall rumours I'm kind of disappointed but I think that mostly stems from most of the relevant reveals being for side games. Like I love the new Underworld models but at the end of the day they don't change anything about AoS apart from giving some people some cool unique sculpts (and unfortunately not for armies I collect yet which I get is a bit selfish).

The Beasts of Chaos book gets me more hyped even though it's using old models just because it's more to think about and adapt to. It's affects all players regardless of their armies because now there is a chance that you will come up against them more often. Underworlds stuff only affects Underworld players and the people that collect their armies (and thus far only of the three new warbands two have only just finished getting a whole bunch of new models).

• Like 1

I don't think the problem is one over the other, it probably the fact that Destruction may not get a single release this year, haven't gotten one for almost 2 years now, got very terrible GHB updates, and never really given good lore coverage.  that and worst case scenario is waiting until next year for the release really feel like being neglected even further by GW.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm wrong but for this year:

Order: new stormcast chamber, Idoneth, DoK, Light elfs and Dark Elfs rumors, battleforce stormcast vanguard

Death: Legions of Nagash book was this year? Nighthaunt, battleforce deathrattle, malign portens story

Chaos: Nurgle, khorne starter from first AoS box, Slanesh rumors, Darkoath rumors BoC, Battleforce Tzeneech

Destruction: grot rumors like years

I'm not a destruction player, but I own a little ironjawz army... Destruction needs more than a bit of love

Edited by Hoseman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Maybe I'm wrong but for this year:

Order: new stormcast chamber, Idoneth, DoK, Light elfs and Dark Elfs rumors, battleforce stormcast vanguard

Death: Legions of Nagash book was this year? Nighthaunt, battleforce deathrattle, malign portens story

Chaos: Nurgle, khorne starter from first AoS box, Slanesh rumors, Darkoath rumors BoC, Battleforce Tzeneech

Destruction: grot rumors like years

I'm not a destruction player, but I own a little ironjawz army... Destruction needs more than a bit of love

Mmh, you forgot to put skaven into your list ?

3 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

As a Stormcast player I'm not complaining, but Knight-Incantor has to be the most well-represented hero in Warhammer history. You get one in the starter set, another in the 'get started' magazine, you can build multi-part ones from the Evocator kit, and now there's one in the new Underworlds warband.

It makes sense for them to be easy to get hold of, as the go-to wizard for allying into Order armies, but this is maybe overkill! 

Agreed. Although as a Shadespire and StormcSt player I'm happy though because I can now make a legal sized unit of Evocators and get a whole game with it for the price that 5 Evocators otherwise would set me back. Although the repeated Evocators/Icantor sculpts seem to prove the  point that there's not much you can do with them, they all look very similar.

RE: the constant "Destruction never get anything" clamour, I don't get it. If you have an Ironjawz army I doubt 400 points of new grots or their rules are going to revolutionise your experience. If you want a new army, pick one of the many available rather than wait impatiently for one that you might not even like anyway. I fail to see how them belonging to a wider faction means anything.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChatBatFun said:

Pretty much anyone with a Slaanesh army, myself included.

To be honest, the current situation has really emphasised to me why GW try to keep new releases under wraps. I've got a small moonclan army, and I'd been really tempted to go in on the new release, but I'm a chaos player at heart so a beastmen update and the return of Slaanesh are much bigger deals for me, especially with some extra Khorne goodness thrown in. Even if moonclan came first I'll leave them now, whilst if I'd not known about Beastmen and Slaanesh in advance I'd probably have ended up buying all three.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Nighthaunt Warband ist absolutely gorgeous and I'm excited for shadespire season 2.  New content is always nice and as long as there is no big power creep with the new bands (and their magic) then I'm happy.

I'm happy about those previews, as new shadespire input and warhammer quest for 40.000 is awesome, but I'm upset about no news on anything destruction related for Age of Sigmar, just another confirmation that there will be a destruction related shadespire warband, which is not in the starting box,  with the starter box  release at the end of the year. So there is a chance of no new destruction stuff at all this year it seems.

Hopefully, destruction is not having the same meme status as Orkz do/did in 40k, but at least it seems confirmed that we will get sooner or later troggoths and squigs.

Edited by DerZauberer

4 hours ago, Still-young said:

Skaven didn’t get anything?

Sadly said  skaven didn’t get anything new, since aos came out. (With the exception of a Shadespire warband, and pestilence)

(than again we are still standing somehow better than other factions (talking about the high elves etc.))

Edited by Skreech Verminking