The Rumour Thread

I'm not surprised by the overhype.

How to write an article for warhammer community:

- "We have some *major* reveals coming soon" (ie some things are coming at some point)

- "The box is absolutely *packed* with content" (ie we added some doice and rulerz to the box)

- "The unit just received a *massive* point drop so that you can fit it *very comfortably* in your list" (ie minus a few points)

- "This rework is *absolutely insane*, we are so *thrilled* by it" (ie minor upgrade, borderline nerf)

Etc.

It kind of reads like a Robert E. Howard novel :D

Edited by Num
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

As a Stormcast player I'm not complaining, but Knight-Incantor has to be the most well-represented hero in Warhammer history. You get one in the starter set, another in the 'get started' magazine, you can build multi-part ones from the Evocator kit, and now there's one in the new Underworlds warband.

It makes sense for them to be easy to get hold of, as the go-to wizard for allying into Order armies, but this is maybe overkill! 

• Like 1

Based on the artwork, the Realm of Chaos box set could very well be similar to Blightwar. Christmas bundle with bunch of existing models and new characters, including those Khorne models from the old starter that are not anymore available from anywhere else, with some preview of Slaanesh allegiance abilities (that we have already had two versions of) and then the main release would be later. Let's see.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

As a Stormcast player I'm not complaining, but Knight-Incantor has to be the most well-represented hero in Warhammer history. You get one in the starter set, another in the 'get started' magazine, you can build multi-part ones from the Evocator kit, and now there's one in the new Underworlds warband.

It makes sense for them to be easy to get hold of, as the go-to wizard for allying into Order armies, but this is maybe overkill! 

Haha true. But it’s a cool/weird choice of them continuing the stormcast vs nighthaunt theme. Depending on your personal preference. 

Also I got the incantor starter magazine model. And it is a very good model. Even going to star in an upcoming skirmish campaign. (As a baddy of course with those eyebrows ;) )

14 minutes ago, mastercrafted said:

Interestingly the email i had from gw about the nova previews says "age of sigmars next battletome". Is this referring to wrath and rapture? Or the beasts of chaos book leaked beforehand?

Beasts of chaos was originally intended to be revealed at Nova, so it will be that. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Haha true. But it’s a cool/weird choice of them continuing the stormcast vs nighthaunt theme. Depending on your personal preference. 

Also I got the incantor starter magazine model. And it is a very good model. Even going to star in an upcoming skirmish campaign. (As a baddy of course with those eyebrows ;) )

As I say, I can't complain, they're all lovely models! And I think it does make perfect sense to have Sacrosanct vs Nighthaunt in the new Shadespire set - fits both the theme of that setting, and appeals to anyone who bought in with Soul Wars 

• Like 1

I'm very excited to see that Slaanesh is getting something, even though I don't know what it is exactly. 

If it's a boxed game (like Blightwar), will it be the first one without a Stormcast or will they put on in there for good measure? ?

I think fiends and hounds in plastic are likely (really doubt they'd put either in the box in their current state), but I reckon Slaanesh may get a plastic hero - maybe just a new type of herald, but it could be bigger like the Nurgle snail.  

As someone who doesn't play 40k and as a Destruction AoS player I have to say that I find the news a bit underwhelming.

I also always fear that all the rumors about a new Moonclan Grot army will turn out to be false and that we will instead "only" get a Moonclan shadespire warband instead of a full new army. 

I mean this would still be better than not getting anything, but I still think I would be very disappointed.

But I am still happy for all the people who got something out of the reveals for them. Sadly the little flying squig couldn't really satisfy me, because it is for Shadespire again. 

If they would have teased the squig with "A preview for an upcoming army" I would be hyped. But after this reveal I fear that all the Moonclan rumours will turn out to be just a sharespire warband. I mean it would still be cool to get new models, but also a kick in the nuts for some Destruction fans.

Or do we really have relatively confirmed rumours about a new grot army? Could all the rumours maybe also turn out to be just a Shadespire warband and maybe some information was misinterpreted?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamopower said:

Based on the artwork, the Realm of Chaos box set could very well be similar to Blightwar. Christmas bundle with bunch of existing models and new characters, including those Khorne models from the old starter that are not anymore available from anywhere else, with some preview of Slaanesh allegiance abilities (that we have already had two versions of) and then the main release would be later. Let's see.

This is actually what worries me. There are people reporting that there will be new models in box but Blightwar only had two new models..... 

Slaanesh (and Khorne, in my opinion) needs more than a single new model. Fingers crossed for something more substantial.

2 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Promising that "it's going to be a big one", and inviting the community to "start speculating at just what will be unveiled".

Yeh but that's just normal marketing. Of course its a big release and of course asking people to guess hypes them up; but even without that people would have hyped themselves up all on their own. They'll have seen a tiny random green pixel in the top right corner of the GW website on a random page and decided that 100% guarantees that the new reveal will be Moonclan; whilst others will see a tiny blurry blob in the background of a photo and decide that that is the new awesome model that they've always wanted without any shadow of a doubt. 

Can't blame GW for that. And it is a big release! A big new edition of Shadspire adding in mages and  8 new warbands with 2 of them and a new boxed set revealed; the bits, trikes and speeders and box contents for the new Ork Speedster game; a new adventuring game for 40K. And they've got a further 3 or 4 days of this event to have info prised out of the staff attending by attentive torturers of the fan-club inquisition. 

I will agree Slaanesh needs new models - of all 4 of the chaos gods Slaanesh needs a new full rework of models. All the other gods have a new plastic large demon with alternative parts for a hero; they've all got new plastic chaos beasts and warriors and leaders and even some new twisted monstrosities. 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 4

The colour palette of the Wrath and Rapture logo is a perfect match for the first edition of Realms of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness, which also featured Khorne and Slaanesh. It was also the book that got me hooked on Chaos. I could not be more hyped!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

This is actually what worries me. There are people reporting that there will be new models in box but Blightwar only had two new models..... 

Slaanesh (and Khorne, in my opinion) needs more than a single new model. Fingers crossed for something more substantial.

On the other hand, Blightwar did signal a bigger Nurgle release, so even if we don't see much in this set, there's a good chance for more later. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

I'm sure there will be new models. It just might be  that most of the models come later and there will be a "teaser" first.

the rumor box set are probably going to be all Daemons though since its set in the realm of chaos and  compatible with 40k, so definitely no mortal units (god specific gors still count since they exist in both universe). also pretty sure their also going to be at least a unit of daemonette on Slaaneshi's side judging by the teaser.

21 minutes ago, AGPO said:

The colour palette of the Wrath and Rapture logo is a perfect match for the first edition of Realms of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness, which also featured Khorne and Slaanesh. It was also the book that got me hooked on Chaos. I could not be more hyped!

You mean this one ;)20180830_095948.jpg.d195e44ecdbb89650d6bb90b7f6243dc.jpg

Wanted to do some venture i to 40K with Speed Freeks, but since Beasts of Chaos and Realm of Chaos got announced, think I lost interest in green hordes on wheels.

• Like 4