The Rumour Thread

The Realm of Chaos logo looks like the logo from a video game, it doesn't look like GW usual art or branding. And GW doesn't tease with logos, they tease with minis, and they're more subtle than "Look at those big angry daemons!!". So my guess is another phone game, maybe PC or console.

On the other hand, those Nighthaunts look amazing!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

Wait is realm of chaos: wraith and rupture a Box set or a video game, I am confuse?

It's a box vince has said it contains new models. 

edit:The box is coming out SOON. I am doing a daemon army. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

Just now, shinros said:

It's a box vince has said it contains new models. 

Excellent! I was a bit worried that it would be just old models like Dark Eldar one that come out a while ago.

Don’t really collect Daemons but glad that Slaanesh looks to be getting some attention. Fingers crossed it lives up to its expectations.

Nightvault is an auto-buy for me, those Nighthaunt are gorgeous. And the flying squig is brilliant. Lots to look forward to.

I love the new night gobbo look, but agree the flying stand/mushroom isn't so hot. I don't like the connecting things to the base like swirly bits and whatnot. I'd rather just the clear stand. Kinda kills the sense of movement for me. Looks like a squiq got impaled on a tree ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

They really overhyped this for previews. At this point would it kill them to show the goblins or darkoath we all know is coming? I’m not sure a shadespire warband counts as much hype. We still haven’t seen one model for the Gobbos outside of that. 

It would be cool if they just said, we are gonna show off a couple new things or designs, not the massively overboard things GW puts out about biggest event ever etc etc. 

• Like 3

Lets see:

The new Nighthaunt warband looks great. They feel quite a bit more oddball and wacky than the main release, which I find very appealing.

Something, something Khorne vs. Slaanesh. No telling quite what, but if they slap the venerable name of "Realms of Chaos" on it, it better be good. I am inclined to think it will be, if only to see all daemons finished in plastic at long last.

The squig is real cute. I like it much more than the Troggoth. I feel they went more than bit to far on being disproportional on that one, though I get that it has its fans and I am not a Destruction guy.

Not AoS, but Blackstone Fortress looks like it could be really exciting. A Silver Tower style release for 40k hot on the heels of the amazing (not even out yet) Rogue Trader? Yes please. Just hope that does not mean RT is the only such release for Killteam, I have high hopes for that game.

Just now, Caladancid said:

They really overhyped this for previews. At this point would it kill them to show the goblins or darkoath we all know is coming? I’m not sure a shadespire warband counts as much hype. We still haven’t seen one model for the Gobbos outside of that. 

It would be cool if they just said, we are gonna show off a couple new things or designs, not the massively overboard things GW puts out about biggest event ever etc etc. 

That is a rather massive preview, just most of it for 40k. Yes, we all "know" Darkoath and Gobbos are coming, but we do not know quite when. AoS had most of the year pretty much to itself as far as new miniatures go. I think getting the word out to 40k players that they are back in the loop for new miniatures takes priority at the moment and with how much attention AoS has already gotten this year that is quite bearable.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

That is a rather massive preview, just most of it for 40k. Yes, we all "know" Darkoath and Gobbos are coming, but we do not know quite when. AoS had most of the year pretty much to itself as far as new miniatures go. I think getting the word out to 40k players that they are back in the loop for new miniatures takes priority at the moment and with how much attention AoS has already gotten this year that is quite bearable.

It wasn’t a massive preview of anything specific for any system. 

It was a preview that there are new things coming but not what they actually were.  To me, that is interesting, but not nearly what the Warhammer Community site hyped. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

When they say real soon I feel like the daemon box is going to come in late September or early October.

My experience with GW’s “soon” means it’ll probably be longer than that. Pretty sure they said “soon” on the first Death Guard previews and they didn’t drop for 7-8 months later.

Fingers crossed though as I would love to be wrong about it. :)

Edited by ManlyMuppet88

7 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

My experience with GW’s “soon” means it’ll probably be longer than that. Pretty sure they said “soon” on the first Death Guard previews and they didn’t drop for 7-8 months later.

Fingers crossed though as I would love to be wrong about it. :)

Well they said "really soon"  so I think it not half a year

I don't think that's fair, the post on the Warhammer Community site was a clear hype piece.

Promising that "it's going to be a big one", and inviting the community to "start speculating at just what will be unveiled".

If people got hyped for it, that's because the official preview of the seminar explicitly invited them to do so.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/27/24th-aug-warhammer-community-at-the-nova-open-reveals-previews-and-top-table-actiongw-homepage-post-2/

• Like 3

Well, I am not dissapointed. New Warhammer Quest game, one of my favourite 40k comics is back, new preview of SoB, new season of Shadespire, Slaanesh vs. Khorne (even with oldschool name "Realm of Chaos" - first book also included Khorne and Slaanesh), Speed Freaks, LotR... that's everything I wanted (or even didn't know I wanted). :) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

I don't think that's fair, the post on the Warhammer Community site was a clear hype piece.

Promising that "it's going to be a big one", and inviting the community to "start speculating at just what will be unveiled".

If people got hyped for it, that's because the official preview of the seminar explicitly invited them to do so.

Fair enough. And we received some very interesting previews.

Large-scale releases like brand new and updated armies have previously been preceded by some very specific hype-building videos and whatnot (like DoK and Idoneth) before big events, which we have seen nothing of this time. So I don't quite understand the expectations here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, michu said:

Well, I am not dissapointed. New Warhammer Quest game, one of my favourite 40k comics is back, new preview of SoB, new season of Shadespire, Slaanesh vs. Khorne (even with oldschool name "Realm of Chaos" - first book also included Khorne and Slaanesh), Speed Freaks, LotR... that's everything I wanted (or even didn't know I wanted). :) 

Realm of chaos/ Slaanesh vs khorne release?

nah man, haven’t you heard all those noices the rats made in the video

it’ll probably be a skaven vs daughters of khaine set ??

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 1