The Rumour Thread

We need a fresh age of 70-80s style rock and roll back in the world! The Rock and Metal must flow once more from the speakers to lighten the mind to inspiration of mighty deeds and great wars and epic! 

Seriously its one thing I really wish the CA team would add to TW Warhammer - the music they have is fantastic don't get me wrong, but I want Rock and metal music too!

• Like 2

I have the original un-redacted text.  Here is is:

Spoiler

The rumors that abound have piqued  my interest.  I am a skeptical man - in part, that is why I am still alive - but if the stories are true, and a new way to rock has indeed appeared within the borders of our galaxy, then it shall be me that claims it.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Rachmani At the same time, that could lead to a mess of books. Nice if you want variety, but a nightmare if you want some idea of what direction you're going to go with your army. Using chaos as an example you'd have (potentially):

Khorne Mortals and Daemons

Nurgle Mortals and Daemons

Tzeentch Mortals and Daemons

Slaanesh Mortals and Daemons

Unaligned Mortals

Daemons (Unaligned + Marked)

Mortals (Unaligned + Marked)

Beasts (w/Monsters?)

1-2 Skaven Clan books

Skaven (All clans)

And yet still might manage to have models caught out from the groupings to make a Grand Alliance Chaos list still possible. 

Edited by Aspirant Snaeper

7 minutes ago, Aspirant Snaeper said:

At the same time, that could lead to a mess of books. Nice if you want variety, but a nightmare if you want some idea of what direction you're going to go with your army. Using chaos as an example you'd have (potentially):

Khorne Mortals and Daemons

Nurgle Mortals and Daemons

Tzeentch Mortals and Daemons

Slaanesh Mortals and Daemons

Unaligned Mortals

Daemons (Unaligned + Marked)

Mortals (Unaligned + Marked)

Beasts (w/Monsters?)

1-2 Skaven Clan books

Skaven (All clans)

And yet still might manage to have models caught out from the groupings to make a Grand Alliance Chaos list still possible. 

The Legions of Nagash style books can accommodate some of the factions without needing to make a full book for them.  For instance, right now Legions of Nagash does an effective job of containing Soulblight and DeathRattle.  I will admit that I would like to see more development for each of those (especially DeathRattle), but honestly I think they are ok as is.

For example, in your list the Unaligned Mortals, Mortals (Unaligned + Marked), Daemons (Unaligned + Marked) could probably be combined along with Everchosen.  The rest of your list either already has dedicated books or will obviously get them at some point (Slaanesh and Skaven).  That total list is not really any bigger than what we should expect for Order.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Overread said:

We need a fresh age of 70-80s style rock and roll back in the world! The Rock and Metal must flow once more from the speakers to lighten the mind to inspiration of mighty deeds and great wars and epic! 

Seriously its one thing I really wish the CA team would add to TW Warhammer - the music they have is fantastic don't get me wrong, but I want Rock and metal music too!

I agree! I always imagined some folk metal as a background music for my Sylvaneth (and some brutal death metal would be fitting for my Blades of Khorne)!

@Aspirant Snaeper 

Would definitely have to be done well. But I'm actually not thinking so much about splitting Chaos into the same old "demons" "mortals" "stuffs" of Chaos God X. That's what I like about the prospect of the Nighthaunt and the LoN. It's the idea that GW could bring together different interesting factions under one roof. They're not there yet, but if you think Kharadon Overlords, Nighthaunt or Idoneth Deepkin (in the sense of how "non-generic" they are) and apply that to Chaos or Skaven etc. I think the Idea could be pretty good - and give them lots of opportunities for new miniatures. The "classic" range like Bloodletters/Horrors etc. could just stay within "generic Khorne/Tzeentch & co." and become allies of the new sub factions.

Just now, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Even though I don’t play it, I’m actually down for a big Underworlds preview. New warbands might give us some clues on the direction GW is going with on a lot of AoS lines.

The neat thing about warbands is that you can pinch the models and use them in regular armies too if you like them. It's why I hope that Daughter's of Khaine feature in this run up 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

The neat thing about warbands is that you can pinch the models and use them in regular armies too if you like them. It's why I hope that Daughter's of Khaine feature in this run up 

Absolutely. I’m doing it for the Khorne warbands - great minis - but just buying the easy to build kits, not the pack with cards etc.

Edited by ManlyMuppet88

My only wish for the Shadespire warbands was that their rules were a bit more interesting for AoS.  None of them seem terrible.  They are decent cheap little units, but I just wish that they were a bit more than what they are so that they were more compelling to use in regards to their published rules and rather than alternate models.  That is a really minor gripe though.

However, I will say that I have had great fun using the existing AoS rules for the Ironjawz warband in AoS skirmish. 

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 2

With a mystery reveal confirmed for 40k as well as orks, and a focus on Nightvault,  I am back to thinking we won't see Moonclan today. 

Seminar starts in 5 minutes. Whatever comes it will be exciting. Speed Freeks is the first 40k to really grab my interest since 8th launched. 

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

With a mystery reveal confirmed for 40k as well as orks, and a focus on Nightvault,  I am back to thinking we won't see Moonclan today. 

Seminar starts in 5 minutes. Whatever comes it will be exciting. Speed Freeks is the first 40k to really grab my interest since 8th launched. 

I am excited for the new Ork miniatures.  I love converting and modeling and 40k Orks are tied with Goblins for my favorite models to build and convert in any game.  Sadly I am less enthused with the game side of 40k.  I like 8th edition better than a number of the previous versions, but it still feels a bit un-cooked.  I have fun playing it with friends, but the games are always less fun to play than it initially seems like they will be.  Also the edition is a huge mess in regards to army construction rules.  I like a lot of the things they tried out with this edition, but honestly I am hoping that 9th ed comes along sooner rather than later and delivers on the potential they missed with 8th.

I am excited for more Ork models though!

• Like 2

Underworlds is the best deal in minis gaming.

If you _only_ bought into Underworld minis, you get a cracking board game and instant AoS Skirmish factions. Shadespire gave us a solid Khorne/Skaven Chaos warband and a SCE/Fyreslayer Order one. With the addition of NightVault, Destruction and Death will get more options. So, adding a thin Skirmish book and you are playing a great boardgame and fun AoS Skirmish campaigns. That's good value.

But it gets better...

If you decide to maybe go co-op or adventuring, one WHQ box purchase and you can also use all these characterful Underworlds models for heroes or adversaries in WHQ.

Triple the value.

Like it says at the top....Underworlds is the best deal in minis gaming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Is it still ongoing? Any info from the inside if it ended already, not sure if it is worth to go to sleep or wait couple more minutes for all the reveals? :)

4 minutes ago, Malin said:

Is it still ongoing? Any info from the inside if it ended already, not sure if it is worth to go to sleep or wait couple more minutes for all the reveals? :)

It just started at 1930 EST. Earlier poster was confused I think.