The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, michu said:

Does someone recognize this picture? Is it some old painting with Ludwig Schwarzhelm and Kurt Helbor or something new? If I remember correctly, new edition of Inferno magazine was going to have some Old World stories.

Reveal hidden contents

BLAskAuthor-Aug29-SwordsoftheEmperor-8kf

I guess it's from the anthology containing the books "Swords of the Emperor" IIRC

• Like 1

Yeah the hype isn't based on anything official from GW it purely rumour hype. Even things like goblins appearing in the comic has been used to justify the hype and yet there have been loads of things in the comic without any correlation to real life releases

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, michu said:

Does someone recognize this picture? Is it some old painting with Ludwig Schwarzhelm and Kurt Helbor or something new? If I remember correctly, new edition of Inferno magazine was going to have some Old World stories.

Hide contents

BLAskAuthor-Aug29-SwordsoftheEmperor-8kf

What he said below

13 minutes ago, michu said:

Yep, it's "Duty & honour" by Chris Wraight. Thanks

And it was a good book for understanding Slaanesh more than just what gets written online by trolls stating  "Slaanesh is just drugs and sex".  I highly recommend that read.  

3 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

What he said below

And it was a good book for understanding Slaanesh more than just what gets written online by trolls stating  "Slaanesh is just drugs and sex".  I highly recommend that read.  

Yeah I hate when people do that. Everyone knows Slaanesh is Drugs and Sex AND Rock n Roll

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

My guess is that the Beast of Chaos battletome was supposed to be revealed today, but the leak forced their hand a little sooner than expected, so we'll probably see more of them today. And some Nightvault, to complete the teasers we got at Warhammer Fest. And maybe, just maybe, a confirmation teaser for the grots.

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

What is there to be revealed for Beast of Chaos that we already don't know? It's only a battletome + endless spells and those were already previewed.

Alliegence abilities would be big, confirmation on how much of monsters of chaos is in it, if they just have a few monsters of chaos (dogs and horsemen) then it opens the door to more multifaction stuff.

2 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Your right. Still feel like they should be rolled into one though. Fewer factions with more options would be better, in my opinion, and the spiders would fit in fine with the cave theme.

I actually like that Age of Sigmar has lots of relatively small allegiances.  I think armies like Deepkin or Daughters of Khaine are just about the right size.  They have some variety in heroes and army builds but they are small enough that I can collect multiple forces.  

While I have a massive Ork army in 40k that I have collected them since Rogue Trader, I would prefer not to have armies get that large again.  I like the variety in visual themes of forces but I have a collectors mentality.

I like the size of many of the AoS forces with battletomes.  Most of them I would be fine if they added 1-3 more units, but after that I would rather see new forces.

If I were to call the shots for AoS for a bit then I would make Moonclan and just diversify the heroes a bit and add a variant or two of squigs.  Beyond that they are already about the right size for a force and just need allegiance abilities, spells, artifacts, etc.  I would then make Spiderfang a full force that maintained the aboriginal theme of forest goblins and then contained lots of various spiders and other creepy-crawly things.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Alliegence abilities would be big, confirmation on how much of monsters of chaos is in it, if they just have a few monsters of chaos (dogs and horsemen) then it opens the door to more multifaction stuff.

Allegiance abilities or rules are way to boring to show at such a big show as Nova. Miniatures and terrain are what people want to see. So we will see atleast a couple of new AoS / Shadespire miniatures. Probably goblins, but personally I hope for Darkoath.

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I actually like that Age of Sigmar has lots of relatively small allegiances.  I think armies like Deepkin or Daughters of Khaine are just about the right size.  

As I can aggree for a standalone tiny faction, for me the right size (=the best size) is the LoN size. Some of other tomes are almost there: stormcast, nurgle. With this size of battletome, you have  a big variety in units, in strategies, in lore, in many things. And by just adding on or 2 units to you collection, you can have immediatly new builds.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I like both & progressing in both ways seems to me like the right move. Big allegiances that include lots of smaller factions. LoN vs. Nighthaunt basically. Something for everyone.

I like the combined approach as well.  Legions of Nagash is a fantastic book and seems like an improved successor to Grand Alliance books.  I would like to see individual Allegiance armies & books remain about the size of Daughters of Khaine, Sylvaneth, and Idoneth Deepkin and then broader alliance books like Legions of Nagash function to spread the net for forces that combine a couple of allegiances in very specific and controlled ways.  I don't want to see Age of Sigmar get into the 40k situation where over half the game sits in one bucket like Imperials do.

I have come around to Stormcast Eternals over time, but honestly I think their new book is too broad.  It is fine for the time being, but I think they are going to run into issues over time if they want to keep adding to that faction - it is already huge and it will just get bigger.  They already have the issue of units superseding other units in the same role.  I appreciate what they did with the book by splitting the Hosts up into something like Space Marine chapters, but I think eventually they may want to look into restructuring the Stormcast again.  Personally, I think in the future they should consider splitting them up into distinct allegiances via something like the Chambers.  That would give them the ability to add more units themed to each chamber to fill in various roles.  Each of them could have their own specific allegiance and allies list.  Then they could make a Legions of Nagash style book that would handle the armies that are comprised of mixed chambers.  That would give GW breathing room to keep expanding the Stormcast for quite a while without simply bloating the army to a point that is problematic.  They could do the same thing for other big allegiances also - such as Nurgle, Khorne, etc.

I like both 40k and Fantasy, but ever since 2nd edition 40k I have felt that Warhammer Fantasy has had the better rules for army structuring.  In 40k 2nd edition both 40k and Fantasy used roughly the same system.  When 3rd ed 40k came out they moved to the Force Org Chart (basically the current detachments) and I have always felt that a large part of the balance issues in each edition of 40k can be traced back to the basic army construction rules for the game - and the Force Org Chart system.  Fantasy has always had a more elegant and balanced method for constructing armies.  Age of Sigmar has basically just kept the Warhammer Fantasy system with only some slight modifications and again I feel it works much much better than the system in 40k.  The 8th edition 40k detachment system is simply a colossal mess.  I hope that as GW continues with Age of Sigmar that they don't make the same mistakes as they have with 40k in regards to faction bloating and the army construction mess.

I would like to see them continue to make relatively small allegiances, keep the game-size unit organization restrictions, maintain allegiance-based ally lists, and then use the Legions of Nagash template to handle combining allegiances into a bigger one.  That seems like it is a good strategy that will allow them to continually add unique and interesting things to the game without overly bloating it.

3 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I like the combined approach as well.  Legions of Nagash is a fantastic book and seems like an improved successor to Grand Alliance books.  I would like to see individual Allegiance armies & books remain about the size of Daughters of Khaine, Sylvaneth, and Idoneth Deepkin and then broader alliance books like Legions of Nagash function to spread the net for forces that combine a couple of allegiances in very specific and controlled ways.  I don't want to see Age of Sigmar get into the 40k situation where over half the game sits in one bucket like Imperials do.

I have come around to Stormcast Eternals over time, but honestly I think their new book is too broad.  It is fine for the time being, but I think they are going to run into issues over time if they want to keep adding to that faction - it is already huge and it will just get bigger.  They already have the issue of units superseding other units in the same role.  I appreciate what they did with the book by splitting the Hosts up into something like Space Marine chapters, but I think eventually they may want to look into restructuring the Stormcast again.  Personally, I think in the future they should consider splitting them up into distinct allegiances via something like the Chambers.  That would give them the ability to add more units themed to each chamber to fill in various roles.  Each of them could have their own specific allegiance and allies list.  Then they could make a Legions of Nagash style book that would handle the armies that are comprised of mixed chambers.  That would give GW breathing room to keep expanding the Stormcast for quite a while without simply bloating the army to a point that is problematic.  They could do the same thing for other big allegiances also - such as Nurgle, Khorne, etc.

I like both 40k and Fantasy, but ever since 2nd edition 40k I have felt that Warhammer Fantasy has had the better rules for army structuring.  In 40k 2nd edition both 40k and Fantasy used roughly the same system.  When 3rd ed 40k came out they moved to the Force Org Chart (basically the current detachments) and I have always felt that a large part of the balance issues in each edition of 40k can be traced back to the basic army construction rules for the game - and the Force Org Chart system.  Fantasy has always had a more elegant and balanced method for constructing armies.  Age of Sigmar has basically just kept the Warhammer Fantasy system with only some slight modifications and again I feel it works much much better than the system in 40k.  The 8th edition 40k detachment system is simply a colossal mess.  I hope that as GW continues with Age of Sigmar that they don't make the same mistakes as they have with 40k in regards to faction bloating and the army construction mess.

I would like to see them continue to make relatively small allegiances, keep the game-size unit organization restrictions, maintain allegiance-based ally lists, and then use the Legions of Nagash template to handle combining allegiances into a bigger one.  That seems like it is a good strategy that will allow them to continually add unique and interesting things to the game without overly bloating it.

Completely agree. Especially on the matter of the Stormcast Eternals.

Now, I have to say I like them better than ever before, now, that they got those female Stormcasts (it's not a ****** thing, it's a "wait a minute, only men are chosen and reforged by Sigmar, why?" thing) and in general better models (with like, actual faces).
But I, too, think that in the not so distant future they should maybe get the LoN treatment, becoming the "general allegiance", with the different chambers becoming the "Nighthaunts". Each chamber gets a bunch of special rules if you only field that chamber, while the "Stormcast Eternals" retain the broad, general ruleset they now have. 
Same goes for each of the 4 Chaos gods, Orks & Goblins Orruks & Grots & off course the Skaven once they get to them. There's a lot of potential once you tap into it.