The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Kronos said:

F495BBB8-8B0F-47DC-BE43-E535AA5D5748.jpeg

Ooooh!  We are back to grot rumors again.

I really like that GW is thinking outside the box and showing daily life of the various races such as this delectable example of the culinary habits of grots.  It appears to be human-head flambe - rotisserie style.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, LLV said:

Hiding in plain sight.

Remember the malign portent characters were designed AFTER the main factions 

If the malign portents characters were designed after the armies they represent than imo they could have made them with a bit more "grandeur". While the 4 of them are really nice miniatures.. they looked a bit mundane as the "chosen ones"... .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

If the malign portents characters were designed after the armies they represent than imo they could have made them with a bit more "grandeur". While the 4 of them are really nice miniatures.. they looked a bit mundane as the "chosen ones"... .

They were. If you want more 'proof' this was confirmed on WHTV when they did the NH design team and the Stormcast design team interviews. The heralds were modeled after existing line. Specific examples given on show was the Knight of Shrounds on foot was made AFTER the KoS on steed and the ordinator was made AFTER the ballista crew in the soul wars box. The shaman and the warqueen factions as far as model designs go have been 'done' for close to a year at this point.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I’ll agree that some of them are not as flashy as they could have been.  The knight of shrouds on foot could have been a bit more exciting - especially after seeing night haunt models like the executioner.  A few spirits floating around him or something would have helped.

But the Fungoid Shaman has every inch covered in detail.  I’m not sure how much flashier they could have made him.  Anything more would have been serious overkill.  I think he is great as is - I just wish he had a better spell.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I’ll agree that some of them are not as flashy as they could have been.  The knight of shrouds on foot could have been a bit more exciting - especially after seeing night haunt models like the executioner.  A few spirits floating around him or something would have helped.

I figured the design was very much inspired by Nazgul from LotR. 

Plain and covered in robes but if ya saw the actual powerful spectre itself, i'd imagine it would be far more ornte. 

I really like the simple design of them all though for that reason. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I figured the design was very much inspired by Nazgul from LotR. 

Plain and covered in robes but if ya saw the actual powerful spectre itself, i'd imagine it would be far more ornte. 

I really like the simple design of them all though for that reason. 

I caught the Lord of the Rings aesthetic for the Knight of Shrouds, Guardian of Souls, and the Revenants.  I agree with you for the most part.

My only issue with the Knight of Shrouds on foot (although he has no feet...) is that he can kinda get lost and blend in with the infantry.  Models like the Executioner really stand out.

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

This, the models are really good, and at the time they were also one of the best models in their respective armies ( except fpr the Chaos Queen.. I prefer monsters and mutants). But like you say nothing about them really screamed Chosen leader for a narrative. I noy say that because they made the likes of Thanquol, Glottkinn, and the Mortarchs of End Times, and way back when they made Valten in his glorious armour and wielding Ghal Maraz. 

I am a tad biased as epic Charcters with godly powers is what draws me ot warhammer and aos. Im hopeful grots and darkoath will get equally outstanding charcters and forces as the Nighthaunt and Stormcast just reived, as they are some truly inspiring models.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Kronos said:

Its undeniably Chaos, but what faction/Universe?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/28/the-rumour-engine-24th-aug-2018/

NOVA is almost upon us, and with it, a very exciting Studio Preview seminar – until then, here’s another image from the Rumour Engine…

F495BBB8-8B0F-47DC-BE43-E535AA5D5748.jpeg

What is that to the right? My first instinct was a tattered robe, meaning the skull would have to be being held from a chain like a censer... but i guess it could also be rock? Maybe the rear of the new herdstone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adreal said:

I thought spiderfang was a throwback to forest goblins

They are.

The 2nd edition core rulebook still describes them as living in jungles and dank forest.  Interestingly enough it also mentions that they share their lairs with both spiders and insects. 

• Like 1

I hope that we'll see an "all-in" goblin faction with maybe an emphasis on nigh gobs (oups and oups, grots and moon clans). There are so many nice and fun units fro all of them: giant spider mounted by several archers/lancers, catapults (2 differents ones!) , archers, mounted spiders and wolves,  fanatics (what a nice surprise for your oponent charging !!!), squigs (giants, mounted, wild etc....) , magic, etc...

• Like 1

Considering Gordrakk is the fist of Gork, I’d hope there was a afist (foot, claw, hell even nose) of Mork and that it would be a Gobbo. Much like Grimgor was the embodiment  of Gork and Skarsnik was the embodiment of Mork.

Im as excited as I am worried about the nova seminar, pumped to see all the new stuff, terrified when I realise how much I might spend when it all comes. The last thing I need is a distraction like moonclan.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Im as excited as I am worried about the nova seminar, pumped to see all the new stuff, terrified when I realise how much I might spend when it all comes. The last thing I need is a distraction like moonclan.

I think it is actually kind of unlikely that Moonclan (as a full on updated AoS army) will be shown off at Nova, it would steal too much thunder from the Beasts of Chaos who are not even properly released yet.

But maybe as a Nightvault warband, together with the new troggoth? Seems far more likely to me.

• Thanks 1