The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Veterannoob said:

I really don't want to tread through Warseer but there was some hullabaloo over the weekend about a handbook having points in printed but you have to buy app separately, or something. Likely the usual speculation turn kookoo- bananas but I haven't seen an official statement from GW on this. Have you?

What do you mean buy separately? As in printed in the book and then a separate microtransation app?

Seems fair; more choice.

Yeah that just sounds like whineseer being whineseer to me! xD

The handbook will probably have a companion app, with the only paywall content being the battleplan's. The match play points will most likely just be updated into the main AoS app.

1 hour ago, Sith'ari said:

Yeah that just sounds like whineseer being whineseer to me! xD

The handbook will probably have a companion app, with the only paywall content being the battleplan's. The match play points will most likely just be updated into the main AoS app.

So like an army builder? Makes you wonder why they are moaning! xD

I'm really looking forward to the sylvaneth release as still not gotten round to starting an 'pure' Age of Sigmar army and this one sounds quite cool and quite a bit away from the roots of what was the Wood Elves ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Shane said:

What do you mean buy separately? As in printed in the book and then a separate microtransation app?

Seems fair; more choice.

that's what it sounds like they are spazzing and speculating about. Like, buying hard copy then you don't get an online claim code so you have to buy it again in e-form. I don't believe it and wouldn't give it any creedance but I just curious where they got that notion. Seems like they were discussing the campaign, handbook and then it morphed into telephone with a guess on how to buy point costs when they become available. As usual, posters speaking like they know what GW intended and is absolutely going to do. :) 

10 hours ago, Shane said:

I would expect that to be the case though. No different to all the Battletomes and Realm War books. The opposite (free app content) would be the surprise.

Yes, I agree. GW sells you models and gives you a free rule set that lets you do something with them. You then are free to make a choice - pay for access to value adds they offer for the rule set (General's Compendium, points, battle plans, Times of Wars rules, art, background, battalions etc.), or make up your own, or use community generated add ons, or play a different rule set, or just paint and admire.

On the other hand 18 months ago if I had been told that they were going to destroy the Old World, that they were going to round bases, and that the basic rule set would be FREE I would have laughed. So, who knows?

• Like 1

So, is the oracle saying Sylvaneth, next stage in meta campaign, then skaven after? Maybe somekind of Tzeentch release, especially if it's the units from WHQ for regular AoS play. :) I suppose I'll wait on the next version of duardin for a while. Not like I don't have anything to work on...xD

From the ever reliable Lady Atia over at war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com:

Anyone still hyped about Tzeentch? Yes? Great. Here some snippets to avoid all possible confusions:

- Forgeworld will do the Prospero Magnus. In resin. Around Fall, for the Inferno release (as I think Russ may be ready for sale for the next Open Day). There are no "problems", Simon Egan just was afraid of both the horns on his chest and his face. He will be the largest Primarch. And of course FW will continue to produce the 30k Primarchs.

- GW will use the Daemon Primarchs for their ongoing storyline. Because that's the things that "are more interesting". You can use them for both 30k and 40k games, more people buy plastic models than resin. Magnus isfinished. But please don't expect all 5/6 Daemon Primarchs tomorrow lol.

- GW already did them (Angron, Mortarion, Magnus and Fulgrim) in EPIC. They all work as large focus models for their respective Cults.

- I wouldn't expect this stuff before the Summer is over. Relax, enjoy your Sylvaneth and play some games using your Handbook.

- Tzeentch Arcanites, Thousand Sons, Daemons of Tzeentch. #YearOfTzeentch (btw, don't take the year as year but more as ~12 months lol). Also, these aren't next in line, so again, don't expect this tomorrow ...

Last but not least, a quote from Sad Panda that summs it quite up

"Remember it is still a few months out, especially the 40K stuff.

There are a lot of things in the pipeline before it. Deathwatch for example."

So, let's chill and enjoy our summer =)

regards, 
Lady Atia

So shed loads of Tzeentch stuff is still coming but it's not going to dominate 2016 as much as we thought.  If it's all a way off still, it could explain why the Lord of Change has gone quiet in the rumours.  It could be well into 2017 before we see that one.

This is just confirming previous rumours. Tzeentch stuff is due after Sylvaneth, handbook and Steamhead Duardin. So won't be until late 2016 probably even next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Atia:

Howdy Guys and Girls :)

Just want to say, check out your local GW store (I'm not sure if non GW stores are part of this tbh), there are some activities for both AoS and 40k this summer, including "buy a Start Collecting Box", "build it", "paint it", etc. Atleast here you get red AoS dice for completing different steps :)

Also, there is of course the Summer Campaign to reclaim Ghyran - Allariel needs your help, brave heroes! Or will you march for the forces of Death, Destruction or Nurgle?

regards, 
Lady Atia