The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

With space wolves now and orks in orktober there is a nice gap in the schedule in September. I expect Moonclan to come out then. 

That is exciting, but horrible for my wallet.  Moonclan one month and Orks the next.  My two favorite factions in any games ever made.

Ouch...

Oh well, first world problems.

I Initially heard darkOath/Beastmen 'this year' but conflicting info from different sources. At this point I'm not sure how they'll fit in the calendar as Genestealer Cults will also be squeezed in the above quick cap probably around Nov too.  Roguetrader is a single release (ala killteam), Grots will be drawn out as will 40k Orks and the Darkoath release I  heard was a full one- so maybe 3-4 weeks worth.

So I would guess maybe in the new year, but I've heard thats the Slaanesh slot too....?

GW have been juggling and moving around releases based on a few things - leaks, capacity issues, changing/revised narrative. 

But Grots (note im saying 'Grots' because at this point based on what I've been told on the range im not even sure theyre 'moonclan' anymore) are happening very soon and I wouldnt be suprised to see them this weekend at Warhammer Fest Europe or at the latest Nova panel next weekend

Edited by LLV
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Skinnyboy said:

Oh man, I hope those rumor engines are for some giant centipede monster, kind of like the thing on the top of the Fungoid cave shamans staff!

YES  - well insectoid

:D

Edited by LLV
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Age of sigmar needs a series of big releases; they've split the Aelves up so much that they've got to get several full factions marketed out there for them. They didn't "have too" as they could have put them back together and had the old armies back; but if they stick to split Aelves they've got to be bolstered. Same for the human factions. 

Now Darkling Covens could be bolstered up fairly well with only one or two new models and a bit of marketing focus (of all the old Dark Elf groups they have the most units)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LLV said:

I think the old elf stuff will largely be retired, unless they somehow fold them into to the coming Shadow Aelf and Light Aelf stuff

Yes and no. 

I honestly think the best approach is to keep several of them and flesh them out like Daughters of Khaine and then have a couple that are gathered up as an allied force so that they remain viable but are either allied together always (so they can take each others units without the allies limit hurting them) and so that other factions can still use them. That is the best of both worlds - keeps the faction numbers down and yet keeps things in the range. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LLV said:

I think the old elf stuff will largely be retired.

I think that would be a good idea, as most of the models really don’t fit the AoS aesthetic. 

However I do have a soft spot the Wanderers their models do go well with the free cities, or if they had a beautiful reunion with the Sylvaneth to boost that faction.