The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Overread said:

The second to last is pretty much confirmed to be slaanesh related - as its got the same symbols carved onto the same blade type as the blades that the demonettes use 

When we have seen a model I will add the reveal image ;) 

Edited by WarbossKurgan

2 hours ago, WarbossKurgan said:

I have spent far to long doing this! ? 

I have collected all the Rumour Engine images and any confirmed reveals together on one page on my blog. I will do my best to keep it updated and new images are published and when new releases tick them off the unsolved list.

http://warbosskurgan.blogspot.com/p/rumour-engines.html

Thanks for doing this Kurgan! Its a great service to the community.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

That's a plague drone ridden by either a plaguebearer or blightlord, can't make it out. 

Hard to tell,

1, plague drone has 4 wings(2 pairs), that thing only has 2 (1 pair) as far as I can see

2, that thing has at least 8 legs

3, that thing has a long body

37 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

2 "destruction" player armies showcased in 2 days when usually they showcase one every few weeks. Ironjawz discussion on WHTV 

I heard a new destruction faction will come out next month. Let's hope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawnmane said:

Am I the only one who thinks all this Waagh activity at the community site and on Warhammer TV is a definite hint that something big and green is coming to Warhammer Fest next week?

Well, we know that Orks are coming pretty soon for 40k.  The only major old-school codexes left for them to make are Orks and Space Wolves.  From there they have the newer Genestealer Cults coming and at some point it is probably a given for World Eaters and Emperor's Children to come back.  But Orks & Space Wolves are the big missing pieces right now.

There are a bunch of rumors for AoS destruction and I certainly hope that is true, but if GW only spoils one thing big and green then my money would be on 40k Orks.

gotta pull the burna/lootas so people buy the kill team box instead=P

But for real the stores only have so much space. For every new product that comes out, something else has to go. It's not always a replacement product, just whatever isn't selling and doesn't deserve the space. 

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

Well, we know that Orks are coming pretty soon for 40k.  The only major old-school codexes left for them to make are Orks and Space Wolves.  From there they have the newer Genestealer Cults coming and at some point it is probably a given for World Eaters and Emperor's Children to come back.  But Orks & Space Wolves are the big missing pieces right now.

There are a bunch of rumors for AoS destruction and I certainly hope that is true, but if GW only spoils one thing big and green then my money would be on 40k Orks.

In a previous Stormcast podcast, Ben Johnson was telling Duncan that he was working on something that he could not speak about for a couple of month. It could be 40k orks but I would say it is the rumoured Moonclan.

To a certain extent, I still wonder if they would go on some double kits 40k/AoS, for orks/orruks, goblins/gretchkin or squigs. I would go that road if I were them.

I wouldn't. 

Traditionally those models that go from one range to the other directly have been things like chaos demons (which at one time the same model did Epic, Warhammer and 40K all at once) and the beasts of chaos. Ergo models hwere there was 0 visual difference between each range.

Now for something like a beast or monster or chaos god or creature, there is little no visual difference. But an ork with a bolter is visually different to one with an axe. It would create kits with a lot of waste parts and might create bad feeling on the price (why am I paying for parts for a whole game that I will never play). Now they could create an ork body sprue and then cast two of them alongside one 40K and one fantasy arm weapon sprue for boxing. Plus it shuts down some options on visual identity - orks in 40K were always a bit more rag-tag than their fantasy counterparts in some ways. 

6 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

In a previous Stormcast podcast, Ben Johnson was telling Duncan that he was working on something that he could not speak about for a couple of month. It could be 40k orks but I would say it is the rumoured Moonclan.

To a certain extent, I still wonder if they would go on some double kits 40k/AoS, for orks/orruks, goblins/gretchkin or squigs. I would go that road if I were them.

I highly doubt that they make double kits for Orks across both games.  I expect they will possibly reuse some of the digital assets when designing both - but I doubt they would cut sprues for a dual-game kit.

As for Moonclan, I agree that the rumors are strong and it seems like an inevitability at this point (hooray!).  But my point was that I do not honestly expect to see Moonclan spoiled before 40k Orks.  They might showcase both of them at the same time, but if they show just one then my money is on 40k Orks.  That rumor has been spinning for longer, Killteam just launched, and 40k has been a bit on the back-burner compared to Age of Sigmar.  It feels like it is about time for GW to try to spark excitement for 40k and with the Killteam release the momentum is there right now. 

But, I also don't expect us to have to wait long to see something for AoS.  That could be a whole new upcoming faction (Moonclan?), or it could possibly be the case that they need to hold off on massive AoS releases in order to deal with a big release window for 40k and they toss out some rewritten or no-model release battletomes for a month or two.

I dunno, but it feels like they have been quiet on the 40k front for a while now and we should expect that to change pretty soon.

7 hours ago, WarbossKurgan said:

I have spent far to long doing this! ? 

I have collected all the Rumour Engine images and any confirmed reveals together on one page on my blog. I will do my best to keep it updated and new images are published and when new releases tick them off the unsolved list.

http://warbosskurgan.blogspot.com/p/rumour-engines.html

Just wanted to say thank you very much for compiling everything - it's super useful! 

Edit: also, it's really interesting to look at the patterns in rumours. We often get a string of 3 or 4 together all pointing towards a very close release. Hopefully that means Moonclan soon, as well as Slaanesh. 

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Just wanted to say thank you very much for compiling everything - it's super useful! 

Edit: also, it's really interesting to look at the patterns in rumours. We often get a string of 3 or 4 together all pointing towards a very close release. Hopefully that means Moonclan soon, as well as Slaanesh. 

I agree, the pattern so far is that every single rumor is definitively pointing at a grots release.

I honestly expected to see some non-grot rumors mixed in, but so far that has not happened.

• Like 1