The Rumour Thread

Could be Nurgle but I'd also say there's a chance of it being something relating to Moonclan gobbos. Look at the Fungoid Cave-shaman, he's got a segmented centipede-thing with prominent mandibles (like these things) on his staff and some other sort of segmented bug on his back as a cloak. If we're to take him as an indicator of what the Moonclain aesthetic will be, insects seem to be a decent part of their look after fungus and squigs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

It certainly would be cool if it was grots - maybe some fungus infected giant with an armpit full of nasties. That said, I think Nurgle mutated Rogue Trader is the most likely.

My tip for grots has to be a trolls armpit, those dudes are ... well, lets say the concept of a shower is completly alien to them.
Concerning RT, I think we are wrong, although it has strong recemblances. But chack the Pictures of the box once more, there is nothing direktly relating to the Gellerrot Muties, although the elements have some shared basic designe idears - in that they spot elements of decay and critters.

2 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

My tip for grots has to be a trolls armpit, those dudes are ... well, lets say the concept of a shower is completly alien to them.
Concerning RT, I think we are wrong, although it has strong recemblances. But chack the Pictures of the box once more, there is nothing direktly relating to the Gellerrot Muties, although the elements have some shared basic designe idears - in that they spot elements of decay and critters.

I'm thinking it may be one we haven't seen yet, or maybe an expansion for RT. It could even be new shadespire stuff for Nurgle.

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

I'm thinking it may be one we haven't seen yet, or maybe an expansion for RT. It could even be new shadespire stuff for Nurgle.

From all we know, the whole context of the box has been shown in several pictures. An expansion would be sweet, as well as both factions flushed out as 40k armies, but right now it would be to early for all of these. GW probably will test the waters first before investing in an expending lineup, or even if they have allready planned it, it will come further down the line, allowing to milk the box as long as possible

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Could be Nurgle but I'd also say there's a chance of it being something relating to Moonclan gobbos. Look at the Fungoid Cave-shaman, he's got a segmented centipede-thing with prominent mandibles (like these things) on his staff and some other sort of segmented bug on his back as a cloak. If we're to take him as an indicator of what the Moonclain aesthetic will be, insects seem to be a decent part of their look after fungus and squigs.

Winner winner chicken dinner

• Like 10

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

@Skabnoze, is that you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Euphanism said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/07/the-rumour-engine-7th-aug-2018/

Aug7-RumourEngine6hvr.jpg.1abed2da2f3fe5e186a17cd16c54227e.jpg

I mean, is there anything it could be BESIDES Papa Nurgle?

Sigh...  Nurgle?  Really?

Not everything that has bugs is Nurgle.  This is obviously a model showing grub harvesting for feeding Squigs and another grot teaser.  I am continually amazed at the huge leaps of logic you guys go through to make ridiculous guesses when the answer is simply staring you in the face.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

Trolls are well acquainted with the concept of showers - although it is mainly the concept of showering people with their vomit.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

Not everything that has bugs is Nurgle.  This is obviously a model showing grub harvesting for feeding Squigs and another grot teaser.  I am continually amazed at the huge leaps of logic you guys go through to make ridiculous guesses when the answer is simply staring you in the face.

Futurama-Fry.jpg.e6c6f313256a956cb4360829be753b80.jpg

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

Oh look aren’t those mutated rats?

must be a new skaven miniature ?

I have spent far to long doing this! ? 

I have collected all the Rumour Engine images and any confirmed reveals together on one page on my blog. I will do my best to keep it updated and new images are published and when new releases tick them off the unsolved list.

http://warbosskurgan.blogspot.com/p/rumour-engines.html

Edited by WarbossKurgan
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3