The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

There's nothing that wrong with the plastic Talisman dragon Imrik and Malekith's dragon are based on, it's the hideous metal heads, tails and hands(!) used to "upgrade" it, and Malekith himself standing out as the second worst special character sculpt GW have ever put out after Chaplin Lemartes (the first one).

Both kits were already grotesque when they came out in 6th edition, and it sucks that they were put front and centre of the photos in not one but two End Times books - alongside nice looking modern dragon kits no less!

Could they not have just killed both special characters off, or converted nicer looking models instead (or have just done with Imrik what they'd already done with Teclis and brought back his much nicer 4th ed Jes Goodwin mini instead of the revolting one that dropped with 6th)? ?

The old dragons are just ugly -> obese lizards with too long necks and too short wings and a big hand syndrome.

the new ones are just the same in plastic:

head too big, wings way too small, still looking obese, hands are okay...

I guess GW never released a dragon model that was actually good or cool if you look up alternative producers.

Edited by JackStreicher

4 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

I'll take an old "S shaped" GW dragon...

Sadly those old dragons were missing consummate V's and a big beefy arm sticking out of their neck.  They could have been filled with majesty...

Edited by Skabnoze

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

You shut your mouth! ??

Abaddon was my favorite sculpt for most of a decade!

He is still a good sculpt.  There is a lot of fantastic detail all over that model.

The only problem is that the rest of the range has changed so much in regards to scale that he is now very out of place.  He really does need a resculpt simply to make him better match the current 40k model range.  But, you can pretty much say that about huge swathes of the standard Chaos Space Marine range.  The plastic terminators, marines, possessed, and havoks are all starting to show their age.  The Chosen in Dark Vengeance really show cased what GW could do with the Chaos range if they chose to - but sadly they have not so far.

1 hour ago, Edwang said:

I heard GW will release a new Destruction faction based on grot scuttlings from Silver Tower this September.

Could anyone confirm this?

Moonclan is constantly rumored. It seems extremely likely.  Many people are wishful for a combined grot battletome, or at least rolling spiderfang into moonclan.  The scuttlings would fit right into that.  Where did they get the idea of scuttlings? Who knows.    

Where did you hear it from?   I'd say the likelyhoods are:

A grot battletome including at least moonclan - 95%
A grot battletome including other grots - 40%
A grot battletome including specifically scuttlings - 10%
A grot battletome based on grot scuttlings - 2%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edwang said:

I heard GW will release a new Destruction faction based on grot scuttlings from Silver Tower this September.

Could anyone confirm this?

The only inkling of a hint in that direction I know of is a certain grot in Roll Models. Interesting for sure, but not much to build a rumour on.

I'm just wondering - if we are to see a Darkoath release this year, what rumour engines would suggest Darkoath? The only one that looks barbaric is the skull on a stick. Could it be that Darkoath will be a bit like Legions of Nagash in that it will roll up some of the Chaos factions into one book rather than getting new models? 

• Thanks 1

There's also that Leather Cape that could be either Barbaric or Beastmen looking.

Actually, I never thought of Darkoath being Legions of Nagash style of book. But now that you mention it,  @LLV said he had a doubt between Darkoath/Beastmen for the incoming release. Maybe it's actually both :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saiken said:

There's also that Leather Cape that could be either Barbaric or Beastmen looking.

Actually, I never thought of Darkoath being Legions of Nagash style of book. But now that you mention it,  @LLV said he had a doubt between Darkoath/Beastmen for the incoming release. Maybe it's actually both :)

Adding in Monsters of Chaos, brayherds, warherds with slaves to darkness gives a huge line up. But we'll see :) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Adding in Monsters of Chaos, brayherds, warherds with slaves to darkness gives a huge line up. But we'll see :) 

Well, I don't believe Darkoath to be a GA book, they are from what we know specific in a way that they are barbarians. I would say a GA Chaos book will be, fittingly, "Slaves to Darkness" uniting all subfactions in a way as Warriors/Beasts/demons of Chaos army books did during 6th edition WHFB, where you where free to combine troops from all three books. Or even older,  as in Realm of chaos: Slaves to Darkness*/Lost and the Damned. On the one hand I think a GA book that realy makes sence would bie a GA Chaos one, on the other I hope they hold it back for a while, first publishing Slaanesh, something skaven and beastmen/monsters and only than unifying all factions

*= ah haha, look at that ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Euphanism said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/07/the-rumour-engine-7th-aug-2018/

I mean, is there anything it could be BESIDES Papa Nurgle?

Certainly looks Nurgle-esq - so potentially include Pestilens.  Could be an endless spell for Nurgle.

Without colours there's a (very) slim chance they could be grubs rather than maggots so be life related (Sylvaneth?)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Euphanism said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/07/the-rumour-engine-7th-aug-2018/

Aug7-RumourEngine6hvr.jpg.1abed2da2f3fe5e186a17cd16c54227e.jpg

I mean, is there anything it could be BESIDES Papa Nurgle?

Yeah, that does look VERY Nurgley. Would be strange to get a big Nurgle release though, especially after Death Guard and Maggotkin have already came out. I kind of hope it isn't Nurgle as they've had quite a bit already, but I'm not sure what else it'd be. 

10 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

It's not for the upcoming Rogue Trader set from GW? Doesn't that have a Nurgle infected mutants as one half of the set?

My thought, too. RT would fit, even though it is strange to have already revealed models in the engine.

P.S.: did a quick check on the shown RT pics. No match there, only similarities for the Gellerpox muntants

Edited by Bloodmaster

1 minute ago, Bloodmaster said:

My thought, too. RT would fit, even though it is strange to have already revealed models in the engine.

I think they've had a few rumours that have been already revealed before, like the sealed door in some 40k scenery, or the clock-compass thing for some other 40k scenery.