The Rumour Thread

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the rumour has a clearly lighter and clearly darker section. Given that slaanesh is currently held in the area between hysh and ulgu it could be the case that the demons have been affected by the mixed light/shadow magic that area holding slaanesh and this is reflected in their appearance. 

I think it would be pretty cool to have demons consisting of two separate design elements blended together and would fit slaanesh excessive designs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Yoshiya said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the rumour has a clearly lighter and clearly darker section. Given that slaanesh is currently held in the area between hysh and ulgu it could be the case that the demons have been affected by the mixed light/shadow magic that area holding slaanesh and this is reflected in their appearance. 

I think it would be pretty cool to have demons consisting of two separate design elements blended together and would fit slaanesh excessive designs.

nice spot!

That looks more Slaaneshi to me than Aelven, but we don't necessarily have any clue about Malerion's Aelves other than he's now pictured as half dragon... Which I guess that could be considered as dragon like. I still put money on Slaanesh given the assumptions people are making about Chaos release dates and other rumours.

New Eight Lamentations audiobook by @JReynoldsannounced for November (still waiting on Realmslayer news!), the cover looks awesome:

I7bl2he.jpg?1

Eight Lamentations: War Claw

A Warhammer Age of Sigmar audio drama

Gunmaster Owain Volkner and his companion Zana Mathos seek an ancient weapon – but so do their enemies, and in an isolated mountaintop outpost, battle is joined…

LISTEN TO IT BECAUSE
Josh Reynolds' saga of the quest to gather the eight great artefacts of Chaos continues in a snow-swept mountaintop tale.

THE STORY
In the wilds of Aqshy, Owain Volker, Gunmaster of the Ironweld, and Zana Mathos, sellsword and adventurer, seek one of the fabled Eight Lamentations on behalf of the duardin smith-god, Grungni. But they are not the only ones searching for the legendary artefact, and the duo soon find themselves trapped in an isolated mountain outpost, caught between a herd of savage beastmen and a pack of monstrous foes.

Written by Josh Reynolds

https://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/november/eight-lamentations-war-claw-mp3.html

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Ohhhh, thats fantastic! Im really excited! 
Spear of Shadows is my favorite AoS story so far. I have high hopes for this one. 

I just listed to the great "Guns of the Black Eagle" and I hope this audio dramas voice acting is on the same level of quality.

From Josh Reynolds Tumblr:

The CD version will include interviews with the cast and crew, including yours truly. Both versions will be available for pre-order in November. 

Writing this one was a blast. It was the first time I’d tried my hand at a radio-play style script - one without narration. Dialogue alone had to carry the whole story. Hopefully, folks will enjoy what I came up with. 

This story takes place sometime after the short story, “The Tainted Axe”. With that in mind, the suggested series chronology is:

I hope to do more audios and short stories with these characters, between now and when I get to start work on the sequel to Spear of Shadows. But in the meantime, War-Claw continues the story begun in Spear of Shadows.

So it looks like this is not the second part of the "main" Eight Lamentations story.

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Gecktron said:

From Josh Reynolds Tumblr:

So it looks like this is not the second part of the "main" Eight Lamentations story.

It is, in the sense that it's a continuation of the plot - the overall plot-line and character development moves forward with this one, it's not a side-story, like "The Tainted Axe". But it's also not, in the sense that only two of the characters show up, and it's fairly self-contained. 

Due to my schedule, I won't be able to write the second novel until late next year at earliest, unless I manage to juggle some stuff around. But, rather than let the series lie fallow, the current plan is to fill the gap - and move the plot forward, if only in small, incremental ways - with short stories and audios, like this one.  

Basically, it's the MCU Avengers plan - a few stories with individuals, or duos, then everybody together for one big adventure, then some more individual stories, then another big story, repeat as necessary.  This is partly due to the fact that we're not sure yet whether the series is finite (i.e. three books and done), with potential spin-offs, or whether it's going to be an ongoing (i.e. Gaunt's Ghosts).  A lot of that is down to sales, but some of it just depends on scheduling. 

• Like 21

4 hours ago, JReynolds said:

Basically, it's the MCU Avengers plan - a few stories with individuals, or duos, then everybody together for one big adventure, then some more individual stories, then another big story, repeat as necessary.  This is partly due to the fact that we're not sure yet whether the series is finite (i.e. three books and done), with potential spin-offs, or whether it's going to be an ongoing (i.e. Gaunt's Ghosts).  A lot of that is down to sales, but some of it just depends on scheduling. 

That's a clever way of going about it. Especially if there is uncertainty around how big the series will end up being. A safe option that adds to the whole rather than taking away from it :)

Really looking forward to this, and future installments :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Spells doom for twilight sisters losing points value. 

Minis going “legend” = death

Awesome, that's one of the few wood elf sets I'm missing. If only they could bring back Ariel and Orion that would be perfect. Not to worried about the lack of points, so long as the stats don't change too much the old ones shouldn't be far off should they?

1 hour ago, Bloodmaster said:

man, those old dragons aged bad. They were already outdated in the early 2000s, but the bring back some fond memories of gaming in the 90s.

There's nothing that wrong with the plastic Talisman dragon Imrik and Malekith's dragon are based on, it's the hideous metal heads, tails and hands(!) used to "upgrade" it, and Malekith himself standing out as the second worst special character sculpt GW have ever put out after Chaplin Lemartes (the first one).

Both kits were already grotesque when they came out in 6th edition, and it sucks that they were put front and centre of the photos in not one but two End Times books - alongside nice looking modern dragon kits no less!

Could they not have just killed both special characters off, or converted nicer looking models instead (or have just done with Imrik what they'd already done with Teclis and brought back his much nicer 4th ed Jes Goodwin mini instead of the revolting one that dropped with 6th)? ?

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

There's nothing that wrong with the plastic Talisman dragon Imrik and Malekith's dragon are based on, it's the hideous metal heads, tails and hands(!) used to "upgrade" it, and Malekith himself standing out as the second worst special character sculpt GW have ever put out after Chaplin Lemartes (the first one).

Both kits were already grotesque when they came out in 6th edition, and it sucks that they were put front and centre of the photos in not one but two End Times books - alongside nice looking modern dragon kits no less!

Could they not have just killed both special characters off, or converted nicer looking models instead (or have just done with Imrik what they'd already done with Teclis and brought back his much nicer 4th ed Jes Goodwin mini instead of the revolting one that dropped with 6th)? ?

Both Imrik and Malekith could be build through newer dragon kits, but without the SC-branding. Which makes it even sadder, that the old models prevailed. But to be honest, not only the hands, heads and tails where atrocious. The whole body as well as posture doesn't make any sense or allow the beasts to be ridden. And those wings where tagged on every flying monster for nearly over a decade that was larger than a horse. To be fair, the more recent dragons from WHFB times weren't that much better!

Concerning the worst sculpts, I wouldn't be so quick. Remember Abbadon or the old 6th Ed. dark elf maticore. The 5th/6th Ed Greater Demons. I Would include 2nd Ed. Tyranids but those guys were actually had some quite catroonish qualities. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:06 AM, LLV said:

Skaven were written into the world building, TK wasn’t - by mistake. 

As for the reason of AoS too- that’s widely documented. I believe you can even find reports on it. Alan Merritt is no longer with GW as he was fired due to the disaster that was original AoS launch. 

But as I said believe what you will.

Like I said- AoS 2 is obviously a lie.....

From what I've heard, Alan Merret was quietly made aware that his presence was no longer wanted after his partner-in-crime Tom Kirby left the CEO chair to Kevin Rountree. Rountree had been around for a long time in a high management position and knew exactly who the most toxic people in the company were. This had been going on for a long time before AoS, in fact both Alan Merret and Tom Kirby have been at GW since the 80s and have held high positions within the company for a long time (Tom Kirby participated in the management buy-out of GW in the 90s and became chairman and CEO).

Edited by Nevvermore

22 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Both Imrik and Malekith could be build through newer dragon kits, but without the SC-branding. Which makes it even sadder, that the old models prevailed. But to be honest, not only the hands, heads and tails where atrocious. The whole body as well as posture doesn't make any sense or allow the beasts to be ridden. And those wings where tagged on every flying monster for nearly over a decade that was larger than a horse. To be fair, the more recent dragons from WHFB times weren't that much better!

Concerning the worst sculpts, I wouldn't be so quick. Remember Abbadon or the old 6th Ed. dark elf maticore. The 5th/6th Ed Greater Demons. I Would include 2nd Ed. Tyranids but those guys were actually had some quite catroonish qualities. 

I said second worst special character sculpts - you'd have to plub some depths to get to GW's acutal worst sculpt (though Lemartes would still be in contention).

Not sure what you've got against Abbadon, he's a beatifully detailed, well designed sculpt in the classic Jes Goodwin style that people were gushing over when he came out in 1996 - today he's just tiny, dated and undynamically posed when put next to a modern plastic character. The previous Greater Daemons were all seen as game changers when they came out too, even if they've changed horribly. Malekith on the other hand was absolute trash when he came out (and wasn't helped by the gorgeous Dave Gallagher art the accompanied his entry in the Dark Elf book).

I'll take an old "S shaped" GW dragon over the **** awful Stormcast thing wearing a t-shirt any day! ;)  

VqSHsJc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Not sure what you've got against Abbadon, he's a beatifully detailed, well designed sculpt in the classic Jes Goodwin style that people were gushing over when he came out in 1996 - today he's just tiny, dated and undynamically posed when put next to a modern plastic character.

You basically answered your question yourself!

But the worst sculpt has to be the "modern" Minotaures - but let'S and this OT here and move it to pm if you are further interessted