The Rumour Thread

19 hours ago, Raviv said:

Warhammer community published their "next week" article. If I understand correctly, these are the last releases for the new SCE and NH.

I'm surprised there's no Castigators box. Seems like they will only be available in the starter sets and the ETB box.

Yeah it's a strange omission. Perhaps they'll come out much later- I guess they're doing a sacrosanct chamber start collecting at some point, maybe they'll do multi part castigators then.

20 hours ago, Raviv said:

Warhammer community published their "next week" article. If I understand correctly, these are the last releases for the new SCE and NH.

I'm surprised there's no Castigators box. Seems like they will only be available in the starter sets and the ETB box.

Seems like they've deliberately designed some of the units around being easy-to-build kits only - explains, for example, why Castigators and Glaivewraiths have weird unit sizes (3 and 4 respectively). Seems fine to me - between Soul Wars and the ETB kit, that's more Castigator models than anyone's ever likely to run anyway, so why make a multi-part kit that won't sell much? 

On 7/29/2018 at 9:08 AM, MightyMetro said:

No you are correct.  There is something weird with the copying / pasting and formating on my Iphone.

The original post on the FLGS website doesnt appear to say anything about availability. Also, i cant see it here in tga.  

However, if i paste my quote back into another iphone app i can see a second column in Korean.

TLDR:  i jumped the gun. These products will be online only with the exception if those replaced by AOS 2. For example, Thunder and Blood.

It is most likely simply a listing of the items that will be removed from the shelves of GW stores but kept as online orders.  They have more products than they can fit into their various store footprints and so they do this regularly.  They have items in many of the ranges that they simply cannot hold in the store.  They also have full product lines that don't get carried in most of the stores.  Blood Bowl for example is no longer in most GW stores.  Necromunda has also been moved to Online Only for a lot of GW stores.  My local store informed me that they will no longer be getting any new Necromunda products into the store.  So I will have to buy them online - which to me says go through an online discount outlet.

14 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Wow, the Grot teasers are starting to get REALLY weird now.

Not a clue what you're on about. The shape and intricacy of the design on those clearly indicate that they're option beard accessories for a third range of redesigned dwarfs (which I won't want because they weren't sculpted by the Perry twins in 1985 ;))

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Not a clue what you're on about. The shape and intricacy of the design on those clearly indicate that they're option beard accessories for a third range of redesigned dwarfs (which I won't want because they weren't sculpted by the Perry twins in 1985 ;))

Beard accessories make a lot of sense.

And that makes it obviously grots since Moonclan is still known for scalping stunty beards and wearing them as trophies.  This is obviously such a thing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Grudge Inbound!

but yeah the rumor engine is definitely slanesh. I would be very confused if the brought out new stuff for DoK, so definitely slaanesh.

Nah, it looks more like a warp stone fueled tool to me, which cuts of the duardins beards.

?

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nah, it looks more like a warp stone fueled tool to me, which cuts of the duardins beards.

?

What heathens you dirty rats are!

Stunty beard scalping is a time-honored tradition and art.  It is not something to be automated with tools.  I am usually one in favor of progress, but there are some things that are better done by a skilled hand.

You Grots and your outdated ways. Using Warpstone Scissors makes cutting Duardin beards easier and give them nice glow. I have a hat with "RAT OGORS TAMER" embroidered with Duardin beards on it. It glows in the dark and helps me tame Rat Ogors in the dark.

(Ok, maybe we should go back to rumours :) )

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

What heathens you dirty rats are!

Stunty beard scalping is a time-honored tradition and art.  It is not something to be automated with tools.  I am usually one in favor of progress, but there are some things that are better done by a skilled hand.

, we also take-steal heads from green things yes-yes.

((((Glooory for clan Mors))))

Ahem, we actually have a interesting looking rumor engine everyone.

Back to rumors and baseless speculation: Am I the only one reminded of the scales on Morathi and the Melusai? Think it would be neat if Slaanesh and DoK ranges where visually tied with some such similar elements, considering their lore-ties. Also wondering if this could mean a return of some insectoid features to the Slaanesh range, they where quite common in Realm of Chaos era Slaanesh Champions.