The Rumour Thread

Thanks everyone, for your input regarding DoK and their 'failing', I was kind of astonished when I read that since IMHO the range is great and I've seen many people succomb for the army :p 

1 hour ago, LLV said:

I guess I should get back to rumours rather than facts. Plastic Squigs anyone?

I've been waiting for it for years, to quote good old Harry "BRING IT ON"

• Like 2

Daughters of Khaine was a financial flop? 

What are the odds of the Tomb Kings coming back but rebranded and renamed to something... cooler? Else? I don’t know. Something fancy like “The Last Dynasty of <Important TK character” and the whole story is how they’re rebelling against Nagash or something. 

What are the odds of anything happening with the old classic like regular wood elves instead of Sylvaneth or regular human instead of Stormcast or regular Dark Elves or you know all those old classic armies that got splintered into 40 tiny subfactions that scarcely exist and don’t even make it into the walls in the GW stores. 

Where is this stuff about DoK being a flop coming from? I mean if true I can see a few reasons why... 

(1 as we all know and have talked about their battlelines troops the witch elves and sisters of slaughter are very pricey models comparative to others. 

2) Deepkin were rumoured for longer than DoK and I believe certain stuff about them i.e. The shipwreck video appeared around the same time DoK launched. Deepkin were only like a month later releasing with a much larger range and arguably more story to them. 

13 hours ago, Enoby said:

I'm no businessman, but it makes sense to me that combining factions would lead to better sales; if you have a lion ranger army and want to expand on it, there's very little reason to buy into the other aelf factions after you've filled your ally points.

A person playing Slaves to Darkness has the benefit of being able to buy any of the other chaos god models that they like without worrying if they can use them, so surely they have more chance of buying more.  

But if you like elves and they drop a lion ranger army on one year and a phoneix temple army on second, which can ally with eachother, it's quite likely that many will end up with both of them as it's very tempting to flesh out the full army after you already have started them. With updating of the old battletomes, it would be just few new units added to the existing collections while the new starters would be the  same in both cases. 

Thus having small factions that people can "complete" makes a lot of sense for me. On the downside, it makes the armies very samey.  In broad sense, after you have seen one Ironjawz army, you have seen all of them. Additionally there is less risk involved. If something doesn't sell, there has been less investment and the range can be dropped more easilly to mail order only status to free up space for new models. 

How I see the "factions" in AoS is that there are the Aelves (3 battletomes) , Duardin (2), Sigmar (4), Chaos(4), Death(3) and Destruction(3), which all get a release every now and then to keep the fans of the subgenre happy and buying. Of course in addition to these, there are some outliers like Skaven and Seraphon that will get mixed in along the way. 

I always heard that Tomb Kings disappeared because of copyright issues - that being that they couldn't copyright something historically grounded (I believe there was a lawsuit with another miniatures company). I heard this from the admins of the AoS fan Facebook page, and they said they had talked to a GW representative.  Copyright did seem to be a big thing during AoS's lauch, with all of the renaming. 

Anyway, regardless of what is the actual reason, if they did get rid of TK because they forgot about them then this means they could come back (at least, it's much more likely than if they were cancelled for copyright reasons). Even if they are not currently included in the lore, neither are the multitudes of other yet-to-be-released factions. I can't imagine it would take that big of an investment to reuse the old casts and write a book for them, and as they seem to have become more popular after disappearing, a release wouldn't be a huge gamble. 

Also, is there any evidence that DoK flopped, or is it more just speculation? 

• Thanks 1

The last rumours I've heard are all 40K. I figure we've got the remaining nighthaunt and Stormcast stuff and then its the new Titan game with at least one or two weeks of August and then its right into Space Wolves and likely then Cultits and Orks. Along that way we might see smaller Sigmar releases; I'm thinking things like Endless Spells, but that depends how fast GW wants to roll them out for other factions. 

29 minutes ago, Overread said:

The last rumours I've heard are all 40K. I figure we've got the remaining nighthaunt and Stormcast stuff and then its the new Titan game with at least one or two weeks of August and then its right into Space Wolves and likely then Cultits and Orks. Along that way we might see smaller Sigmar releases; I'm thinking things like Endless Spells, but that depends how fast GW wants to roll them out for other factions. 

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumors about an Angron Model and a World Eaters/Chaos Space Marine update? 

It may or may not be my sole reason for living honestly. New Zerkers... updated Termjnators... actual PLASTIC Havocs! Plastic Obliterators! Oh boy~ 

Anyone have any uh evidence to support these rumors or know a guy who knows for sure or anything...? Plz. 

I need these rumors to be true and I need this release rightnowrightnowrightnowrightnowrightnowrightnow. 

Edit: Also keep up updated on Beastmen and Ironjawz rumour for new models or Battletomes or both.... 

p.s. what makes Darkoath distinct and different from Slaves to Darkness?  Isn’t it all just uh chaos... undivided ? 

Edited by Ravinsild

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/07/26/26th-july-tactics-champions-of-the-sacrosanct-chambersgw-homepage-post-4/

As stated above, the evocators on draco are arriving soon meaning probably the week after this weekend because of the shedule of the other products and because they didn't confirm it for this weekend.

Meaning also that they couple this release with the remaining of NH units (glaives?). So, we'll be set for SCE and NH in the middle of August.

(yes, we already are almost at the end of july :( )

1 hour ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Anywayyyyyyy.... enough bout tomb kings! Rumours anyone? 

To be honest, the speculation over the TK removal (i.e. oversights, etc,) and the carnage that was the AoS initial release are pretty much the definition of "rumours".

Not as sexy as upcoming models, but certainly rumours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LLV said:

Skaven were written into the world building, TK wasn’t - by mistake. 

As for the reason of AoS too- that’s widely documented. I believe you can even find reports on it. Alan Merritt is no longer with GW as he was fired due to the disaster that was original AoS launch. 

But as I said believe what you will.

Thanks for sharing this LLV. Real shame they ended like this but who knows, one day they may return? I can only hope. Hats off to those creatives who have made something special out of Age of Sigmar despite the mismanagement. 

• Like 1

37854395_10156633962453336_4289309952192806912_n.png.5bd37db240420b846df3ecdbe1505577.png

Just quickly added some numbers onto this (sorry if you are colour blind or they are a bit hard to read but goes left to right 1,2,3...). These are my guesses....

1. 40K - Ork Warbike (Wazdakka???) or Vehicle (Buggy!!!!)
  2. 40K - Ork Eavy Shoota or some sort of gun (possibly on a Warbike)
  3. Tricky but I think AOS and combines with image 4. No idea but some sort of terrain?
  4. Again Tricky but AOS and combines with image 3
  5. AOS - Would guess some sort of spell coming out of a pot. Thinking Grots?
  6. 40K Orks!!!! New Warboss or Wazdakka
  7. 40K/AOS - Tough but looks very Slaaneshi Daemon
  8. AOS - Grot / Skaven sword?
  9. AOS - Linked to image 5
  10. 40K - Going to say imperial bike, so rumoured Primaris Bikes?
  11. 40K - Fairly sure this is Genestealer Cult
  12. AOS - Grots?
  13. 40K/AOS - Slaaneshi Daemons
  14. AOS - Something Destruction related
  15. AOS - Endless Spell of some sorts
  16. 40K/AOS - No idea but could be for either system. May be part of Slaaneshi Daemons?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LLV said:

I guess I should get back to rumours rather than facts. Plastic Squigs anyone?

I hope so and my hope is keeping me from going full squig army right now. I just got in one more pack of the current squigs to hold me over. I'm just hoping any new squigs fit in nicely with the current ones.

what do you think there'd be in the moonclan range?

me:

- monclan gob

- fanatics

- monclan flying catapult (don't rememeber the name of the flying guys catapoulted, look fun)

- mounted moonclan gobs (on wolves? or spiders? and/or mounted squigs)

- squigs (normals)

- giant squigs

Will they include the normal gobs as in a LoN way? then we'd have catapult, archers, trolls,...

14 hours ago, Enoby said:

Kind of off topic, but that reminded me of the daemonette in the picture who was grasping at her slashed throat; kind of a normal reaction, until you remember that they have crab claws. Not sure if that would have helped stop the bleeding. 

20180726_223726.jpg

Movie doctors always use a clamp of some sort when something bleeds Daemonettes are just field medics of Chaos ;) 

Edited by Kramer

10 hours ago, LLV said:

As stupid as it sounds, Tomb kings were left out of AoS by accident. This comes directly from Rob Symes who created and used to present WHTV, and a few others less prominent people from GW. AoS was the idea of a guy called Allan Merrit (who was in charge of all gw IP at the time) and was put into action after he got egg on his face during the gw chapter house court case. Anyway the writers were rushing to get AoS out and they left out tombkings. They were too far gone in development so they left them on the cutting room floor.

sad but true.

Yeah, no. Number one GW rule: decisions are commercial. You do not discontinue a whole line of models because you left something out of the fluff. Especially when including something in the fluff in AoS is as simple as possible. 

• Like 2

Here's a rumor from over in the Shadespire area.

Apparently, the new Nighthaunt battletome mentions a 'Briar Queen'. From reddit:

"The Briar Queen - nemesis of the cursed city of Shadespire - is unleashed by Nagash to menace other lands. She is tasked with claiming certain souls that have cheated Nagash. With the aid of her spectral army - the Thorns of the Briar Queen - she visits each of the Mortal Realms, always bringing back her target's soul. Between missions the Briar Queen returns to Shadespire, for her need for vengeance there remains unsatisfied."

Perhaps, in the Shadespire wave/season 2  we see this Nighthaunt character leading the Nighthaunt warband?

• Like 3

Asides which even if they were forgotten and left out - you can just re-release them later with a big fanfare. Also lets not kid ourselves the balance and rules for Sigmar at launch were laughable (quite literally most of the rules were jokes). They could have thrown down random numbers and had them statted up in less than an afternoon. Plus the whole multiple realms structure makes is insanely easy to add new factions and new worlds. A random gate is found in some unknown corner and BAM new world with undead mummies. It's not like the Old World where there was one world, one lore, one visual theme (ok 2 if you include the chaos realms)

Nopes I still hold that it was part of a longer term plan to basically make Sigmar a boutique line of models with a very limited range. Possibly with a view that Lord of the Rings would be pushed up again to become the fantasy standard game (only possibly since that range is always under the threat of licence loss). Or just to let 40K take the lions share of everything. The TK just got the short straw as the first to go fully. 

22 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

what do you think there'd be in the moonclan range?

me:

- monclan gob

- fanatics

- monclan flying catapult (don't rememeber the name of the flying guys catapoulted, look fun)

- mounted moonclan gobs (on wolves? or spiders? and/or mounted squigs)

- squigs (normals)

- giant squigs

Will they include the normal gobs as in a LoN way? then we'd have catapult, archers, trolls,...

All of that was already available (though not in plastic) for night goblins in fantasy. Remember: design program for AoS is take a familiar idea and give it a complete overhaul.

Thanks  @LLV and @Mr. White for those new rumors !

Things are getting quite exciting once again ;) SQUIG IT ON

EDIT : 

@LLV Regarding the TK rumor, I think the info from Rob is not entirely correct (I guess he's you friend / one of your "contact" ; I really like him and was sad that he left GW, but that's not the point) : 

As @Enoby and @Turgolhave said, GW is commercial first, so the problem with TK was 1. low sales and 2. hard to copyright. And forgetting to write rules has nothing to do with (still) selling the kits (or squatting them - Warhammer Legends is the exacte opposite) ; GW could have reintroduced them later in the fluff with adapted rules.

No, IMO the problem was commercial and IIRC an older, seniorer GW guy told precisely that on a Ask Me Anything session :

2133611718_AOSLowTKSales.png.8e4926a4c318729252f2cd011ac6a128.png

But as you said the AOS launch was a terrible mess and it's understandable that Alan Merret "left" / was fired after that. (Now if you tell me that another source of yours recently corroborated the "Rob rumor" I'll believe you 100% ?  but I'll still believe Pirinen first).

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 3