The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, WarbossKurgan said:

37638096_10156626991553336_3595941826474

I <<think>> these are all the current unsolved Rumour Engine images. let me know if I have missed one!

Maybe it was resolved and I missed it, but what about the jeweled sword? It looked GSC, but I don't know if it was confirmed.

Slaves to Darkness and Beastmen are my army collection, if the rumours are right I could see some cash issues in my future while I lovingly look at my expanded collection. 

Thanks for the snippets of rumours, big and small. 

As for the new rumour engine, I want to say Slaanesh, but time will tell. 

@Enoby No it wasn't resolved, but people are pretty confident it's from some new GSC set, because it looks similar to their swords.

Looking at these pictures I'm pretty sure that rumours 4, 5 and 11 are Moonclan models - first is some kind of smoky mushroom spores, second is a squig maw and third is a new Moonclan Shaman staff.

Edited by michu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, michu said:

@Enoby No it wasn't resolved, but people are pretty confident it's from some new GSC set, because it looks similar to their swords.

Looking at these pictures I'm pretty sure that rumours 4, 5 and 11 are Moonclan models - first is some kind of smoky mushroom spores, second is a squig maw and third is a new Moonclan Shaman staff.

I actually think 11 is Darkoath. There is a second smaller birdskull of the same design and tied up with strings through the eyesockets as one of the skulls on the Darkoath Chieftain.

On 7/24/2018 at 4:19 PM, LLV said:

Now on the subject of dates, although soul wars fell in line with everything I saw and heard the dates did get changed. Malign sorcery was originally set for release first ( yes it was AoS 1 as a follow up to malign portents) AoS 2 and soul wars was originally slated for end of July.  

Im pretty sure Martin Morrins slip up on whtv (announcing ‘AoS phase 2- nagash is kicking off’ during adepticon ) moved things forward regarding the AoS 2 release - which also coincides with the mess of a release we’ve had with scrolls not being ready small coverage in June WD etc. 

The weekends for AoS2's release were already marked as green days (used to be red days...) for GW store managers before the Adepticon slip. They matched up pretty well to the 40k 8th ed release schedule too.

40 minutes ago, michu said:

Both options are good. True WAAAGH! doesn't know borders of universes and game systems. :) 

40k Orks or Moonclan Grots, I just hope which ever it is, we get add on squigs in the quantity that Nurgle kits get Nurglings. That really needs to be a thing.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WarbossKurgan said:

37638096_10156626991553336_3595941826474

I <<think>> these are all the current unsolved Rumour Engine images. let me know if I have missed one!

Thanks for compiling all of the grot rumor teases into one place!  It looks like the sneaky little green gits have been up to some interesting mischief.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

I think the odds of it being a squig or squig adjacent beast are good, but if if is, I'd say there's a 50/50 chance it's either Moonclan or 40k Ork(who are rumored to be getting new kits too).

It could be a 40k Ork kit, but bear in mind that Squigs are still quite rare in the 40k Ork range and they are an integral part of Night Goblins (Moonclan).  In fact, the majority of the Moonclan range is either directly a squig unit or a unit that includes a squig.  Out of 12 Moonclan warscrolls only 3 are not related to squigs in any way (Fanatics, Moonclan Grots, Grot Shaman).  6 of warscrolls are full squig units, 2 of them include squigs (Fungoid Shaman, Goblin Warboss), and one is a specifically a support unit for squigs (squig herders).  Also bear in mind that every squig unit in Moonclan is currently a resin kit with exception of the Fungoid Shaman.

In 40k there are only currently 3 different units with squigs in the ork range.  Tankbustas have bomb squigs, the warboss can have an attack squig, and Flash Gitz git-finda is represented by a squig.  This is a tiny fraction of the 40k Ork range as it is huge and dwarfs just about any AoS army range.

It could well be that they want to bring more Squigs to 40k Orks.  I am pretty sure almost all 40k Ork players would rejoice if that happened (I know I would), but odds are very heavily in favor of any upcoming squig releases being primarily for Moonclan.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Mmmmh the sword might also be a hint to a skaven release.

Doubt it.  It is almost exactly the same sword that is currently carried by the Grot Warboss on Giant Squig.  Ever since they redesigned the look of Night Goblins in the Battle For Skulls Pass box set they have been moving Night Goblin weaponry to the exact aesthetic of that sword.  The art style of Age of Sigmar so far has been moving each army release into a very distinct visual territory and I would be really surprised if they had more than one distinct race with stylistic choices that overlapped to that degree.  I expect that Orcs and Goblins will continue to have shared stylistic elements, but I don't see Skaven and Grots overlapping.  

In the past Skaven and Goblins, especially Night Goblins, have had some degree of visual overlap.  But I have a feeling that as they bring these races fully into Age of Sigmar and start shedding some of the baggage from the World-That-Was that they will try to push these races apart from each other and emphasize their unique aesthetics. 

Another thing to consider is that both Skaven and Night Goblins are some of the most unique creations of GW over the years.  So I think we will see these factions keep a lot of their old identity but probably morph towards what truly makes them unique.  For Night Goblins I think that will be with an emphasis on Mushrooms and Squig beasts.  For Skaven I think that will move more towards their ramshackle constructions & mad-scientist themes.  

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Doubt it.  It is almost exactly the same sword that is currently carried by the Grot Warboss on Giant Squig.  Ever since they redesigned the look of Night Goblins in the Battle For Skulls Pass box set they have been moving Night Goblin weaponry to the exact aesthetic of that sword.  The art style of Age of Sigmar so far has been moving each army release into a very distinct visual territory and I would be really surprised if they had more than one distinct race with stylistic choices that overlapped to that degree.  I expect that Orcs and Goblins will continue to have shared stylistic elements, but I don't see Skaven and Grots overlapping.  

In the past Skaven and Goblins, especially Night Goblins, have had some degree of visual overlap.  But I have a feeling that as they bring these races fully into Age of Sigmar and start shedding some of the baggage from the World-That-Was that they will try to push these races apart from each other and emphasize their unique aesthetics. 

Another thing to consider is that both Skaven and Night Goblins are some of the most unique creations of GW over the years.  So I think we will see these factions keep a lot of their old identity but probably morph towards what truly makes them unique.  For Night Goblins I think that will be with an emphasis on Mushrooms and Squig beasts.  For Skaven I think that will move more towards their ramshackle constructions & mad-scientist themes.  

Yeah, well I was  joking.

my guess is, that skaven will probably see a mixed release early 2020 (the year of the rat (from the Chinesen calendar) or late 2019.

maybe if we’re lucky in the middle of 2019.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

my guess is, that skaven will probably see a mixed release early 2020 (the year of the rat (from the Chinesen calendar) or late 2019.

I have it from a reliable source* that there's a 37% chance Skaven will see an update before 2039.

*Not reliable with rumors, just a guy I can count on

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I honestly hope that they get to Skaven sooner rather than later.  Obviously the rats will have to wait until Grots for a book.  That is simply common sense and the way that the universe should function.  There is no way to argue against that rationale that is not utterly incorrect in every sense of the word.  But after Grots I hope GW makes an effort for Skaven.  Either a combined clan battletome or a book for a specific clan.  My guess if they were to pick a clan to develop first that it would be Skryre simply because they truly embody the craziest aspect of Skaven and AoS could use another steampunk tech-ish sort of faction as a counter-point to Kharadron Overlords.  The other very unique clan would be Moulder since nobody else is really doing genetic experimentation and eugenics as a theme in AoS.  And of course if they did a combined clan tome then they could potentially mix together some of these themes as they already do in some cases.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I honestly hope that they get to Skaven sooner rather than later.  Obviously the rats will have to wait until Grots for a book.  That is simply common sense and the way that the universe should function.  There is no way to argue against that rationale that is not utterly incorrect in every sense of the word. 

Well @Skabnoze, now you make me torn with that statement. I like both Goblins and Skaven so much that during battle for Karak Eight Peaks I would not be able to pick a side (darn, it would be even harder, because I also like Dwarfs). But as I currently collect Skaven I have to disagree, they could be released first. (That were my own-own words, no Eshin clan assassin is behind my back-shoulders, no-no!)

Edited by michu

4 minutes ago, michu said:

Well @Skabnoze, now you make me torn with that statement. I like both Goblins and Skaven so much that during battle for Karak Eight Peaks I would not be able to pick a side (darn, it would be even harder, because I also like Dwarfs). But as I currently collect Skaven I have to disagree, they could be released first. (That were my own-own words, no Eshin clan assassin is behind my back-shoulders, no-no!)

You can disagree if you like.  

That is fair.

However, as I pointed out previously, every word in your argument is wrong.