The Rumour Thread

From poster on Dakka:

Alright guys, I know I'm no rumormonger so you don't have to believe me but here are some news: 

- The AoS rule book with points will have official 6 scenarios, points for everything, including Tomb Kings etc. It will cost 20 euros and is huge. It's coming out end of June or July. 

- Alarielle is not on a giant beetle, she's flying above it. She's huge, Nagash's size. 

- A new set of collecting boxes are coming for AoS: Around 20 euros for a "ready to play" set. For example: 5 Liberators vs 5 Blood Warriors, etc. I forgot if they have paint in it too or not, but they will have scenarios and rules, everything to be played right away and initiate new players. 

That's all I have for now!

I love the idea of cheap starters, just be good fun to paint a few random units like that on the cheap. 

Was really liking the Allarielle on giant beetle idea so I hope there is still a beetle model. I wonder if the beetle is still part of the same model or is an entirely separate kitchen? (Edit: I mean kit)

Edited by Carnelian

2 hours ago, hobgoblinclub said:

Not a big fan of the idea of mixed boxes. What are the chances it'll be two armies you collect? At least there'll be a glut on eBay. 

It takes two to play the game. If two friends split the set between them, £10 each is a very affordable way to get into the game. L

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

Also swaping miniatures from the set is a way to make a comunity, in this price you can give the first 5 models to your firend as a gift. I a way "if you like it buy second and give me your spare half".

I think it is a good way to go.

I don't think these sets are meant specifically for guys like you or me @hobgoblinclub :P It's more for the newbies/kiddies who want and need cheaper boxes that they can start playing right away. Even the Start Collecting! boxes are fairly pricey and difficult to put together. Something even cheaper, or same price + stuff, would go over really well I think.

5 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

I don't think these sets are meant specifically for guys like you or me @hobgoblinclub :P It's more for the newbies/kiddies who want and need cheaper boxes that they can start playing right away. Even the Start Collecting! boxes are fairly pricey and difficult to put together. Something even cheaper, or same price + stuff, would go over really well I think.

Oh, I know. I just want stuff for me. ?

• Like 1

They look propa scary them ghouls.

So it seems that the more normal Treekin is maybe Aelfs that wanted to be one with the forest? Since they are disconnected from the forest and are not welcomed there according to the lore.

8 hours ago, Dez said:

I think it's funny that the Ghouls look scared. 

I hope the release isn't all scary...my daughter likes the elven aspect more. We'll see soon enough I suppose.

Given the delusions of the Flesh Eater Court maybe the Crypt Flayers see the Sylvaneth as the horrific beasts that they have to ****** up the courage to challenge? An interesting inversion of the old trope of the mindless killing machine baddies versus the plucky underdog good guys.

I think from what we have seen of this artwork we can expect a new infantry unit, that appears to construct two different units - a much more elfen unit (you can see them battling the Khorne Daemons in the second picture) and then a much darker take on them shown the first picture. From the artwork from Warhammer Fest we also appear to have a new monstrous infantry unit in a style similar to the Treelord miniature. That which gives us a really coherent visual identity for the army and I would think an interesting gameplay experience.

Personally I think this artwork is a little bit cartoony for my tastes (love the pictures we saw from Warhammer Fest personally) but the concept they are depicting is really exciting.

12 hours ago, Sete said:

They look propa scary them ghouls.

So it seems that the more normal Treekin is maybe Aelfs that wanted to be one with the forest? Since they are disconnected from the forest and are not welcomed there according to the lore.

We all know Allarielle created the Dyrads and the tree folk, these new Half Aelf half Dryad could be her interpretation of Aelves, her trying to bring back the Aelves she misses so much etc. 

They don't look like the bad-ass Mandrake/Dryad hybrids we saw in the Warhammerfest poster in that first painting, so hopefully that is first draft art.  They seem to have the long hair in the second painting, so fingers crossed that is what the figures will be like.  I've still got a box of Mandrakes somewhere - they might make it onto the table if they fit in with the new Slyvanneth list. 

Allarielle looks great in the second painting - and that giant beetle looks awesome.  The combo of her brightness and its dark armour is going to make for some lovely painted models. 

Edited by axis mundi

1 hour ago, axis mundi said:

They don't look like the bad-ass Mandrake/Dryad hybrids we saw in the Warhammerfest poster in that first painting, so hopefully that is first draft art.  They seem to have the long hair in the second painting, so fingers crossed that is what the figures will be like.  I've still got a box of Mandrakes somewhere - they might make it onto the table if they fit in with the new Slyvanneth list. 

Allarielle looks great in the second painting - and that giant beetle looks awesome.  The combo of her brightness and its dark armour is going to make for some lovely painted models. 

Most likely a dual kit, as they have different heads and different weapons.