The Rumour Thread

The skullgrinder seems worse than the classic one imho, nice the bodytype but the "armor" does'nt sems to fit to the idea of a blacksmith,imho they should have given something more(also chained-anvil-flails are better XD).
But i'm not a great fan of Khorne tbh, still hoping that the rumors about a female khorne priest in the warband is true though..

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

39 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

so, do any of the bits on this guy fit any rumor engines? Weren't there some chains a while back similar to what's on this guy?

40k Khorne Aug8 Image1

Saw this guy and thought to myself, they haven't changed much from the current ones. 

Then I went and looked at the current ones for the first time in probably years!! 

🤣🤣🤣

Boy was I wrong! 

Just shows how much technology and design has come on. Also love that red, I need the recipe!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

still hoping that the rumors about a female khorne priest in the warband is true though..

Well, in the WarCom article they talk about a male Priest ... But indeed.

I wonder if we'll get four Gorechosen (like in that "old" board game), or a smith, a priest and a big monster. 

Btw, between the second edition of Warcry and the last sub-season of Underworld, we are flooded with inspired (ha), glorious looking models.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I wonder if we'll get four Gorechosen (like in that "old" board game), or a smith, a priest and a big monster. 

Btw, between the second edition of Warcry and the last sub-season of Underworld, we are flooded with inspired (ha), glorious looking models.

Maybe a khorgorath?
I could see them doing the "first edition Khorne" heroes warband with the bloodstoker,skullgrinder,Slaughterpriest and a Khorgorath....an interesting box to update Blades of Khorne heroes and units without "actually doing them in the coregame" like the Ogor Hunter .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Id love a big Khorne beasty!!

I feel that Khorne day was really fun and exciting but also showed why Khorne is my least favourite Chaos God as everything felt overly familiar and not in a exciting way. Loved each reveal on their own but together it was a little monotonous. Still do love the Meme God... just the least of the four

Underworlds: Skullgrinder Herax looks great awesome sculpt and for all the whining about physique I would absolutely not be willing to face off against this crazy looking Gwar Band Member.

HH: Neat and I like the early Word Eater Colour scheme a lot. The helmets have a fun Samurai Kuboto meets Space Marine Helmet but a little standard... but all I can think with thos Pauldrons are that they'd make fun Ogor Gutplates.  ❤️ 

4OK Deamons: Loving the Demon rules and I am pretty much on the verge of just grabbing the Slaanesh and Tzeentch boxes before they vanish... but I am somewhat hopeful for a Demon Combat Patrol/Vanguard boxset.

40K World Eaters: I was really excited for this release but the Berserker is pretty simple... I was hoping for it to be more ornate and a little more baroque. Very well executed model but not my favourite overall design. Still have high hopes for some more fun and complex designs but defiantly less fun than Thousand Sons and Death Guard infantry.

I do like the  demons and bestial side of Khorne.. more Flesh Hounds, khorgorath and Slaughterbrutes.  But above all else get us some Khorngors!

3g2u2y68o9p71.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel that Khorne day was really fun and exciting but also showed why Khorne is my least favourite Chaos God as everything felt overly familiar and not in a exciting way. Loved each reveal on their own but together it was a little monotonous. Still do love the Meme God... just the least of the four

Underworlds: Skullgrinder Herax looks great awesome sculpt and for all the whining about physique I would absolutely not be willing to face off against this crazy looking Gwar Band Member.

HH: Neat and I like the early Word Eater Colour scheme a lot. The helmets have a fun Samurai Kuboto meets Space Marine Helmet but a little standard... but all I can think with thos Pauldrons are that they'd make fun Ogor Gutplates.  ❤️ 

4OK Deamons: Loving the Demon rules and I am pretty much on the verge of just grabbing the Slaanesh and Tzeentch boxes before they vanish... but I am somewhat hopeful for a Demon Combat Patrol/Vanguard boxset.

40K World Eaters: I was really excited for this release but the Berserker is pretty simple... I was hoping for it to be more ornate and a little more baroque. Very well executed model but not my favourite overall design. Still have high hopes for some more fun and complex designs but defiantly less fun than Thousand Sons and Death Guard infantry.

I do like the  demons and bestial side of Khorne.. more Flesh Hounds, khorgorath and Slaughterbrutes.  But above all else get us some Khorngors!

3g2u2y68o9p71.jpg

We are so different my friend!! Khorne is my favourite of the Big 4!! But yes we need more Khorngors!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

We are so different my friend!! Khorne is my favourite of the Big 4!! But yes we need more Khorngors!!

I mean we do share a love of Ogors! 

Also my least favourite of the Chaos Gods puts Khorne head and Shoulders above most armies haha.

I actually think my love of Undivided might influnce my taste somewhat as I feel like Khorne feels a little to similar to my standard Chaos Army... of course painting my Chaos Warriors red probably did not help matters much at all. 😈

As an aside I even began attempting a colour scheme for World Eaters with Bone armour:
image.jpeg.0b1304a6af48b7f3753997e960e7f7ac.jpeg

And Goblin green base just because... so less of a dislike of Khorne and more just a feeling that Khorne is too close to what I currently collect. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Khorne is cool and all but I'd also agree that his stuff feels less imaginative and rather limited compared to the other three. Khornate aesthetic feels familiar because it is.

Physical attributes in his followers, mortals as well as daemons, boil down to bat wings, hooves and horns. Standard attributes of western devil/demon depictions, which most of us here will be rather familiar. Plus it's been done in other popular popcultural properties as well like the Diablo franchise. 

Weapons, armour and ornaments are just axes, skulls and chains and archaic-looking breast plates. Basically a Manowar album cover, and alltogether not too far from standard Chaos Space Marine or Slaves to Darkness, just in red instead of black. 

Tzeentch has Egypt, bird attributes and more weird design choices. Nurgle brings tge most disgusting and abhorrent mutations, plus insects and death-related imagery. Slasnesh adds gender-fluidity and a fair bit drukhari/cenobite SM vibe. All of them differ quite substantually from Chaos Undivided, far more than Khorne ever did.

PS: I'm back for now. Got into 40K recently (Iron Warriors, in case anybody cares ;) ) plus some teaching practice and lots of papers to write so I wasn't active around here. Cheers! 

• Like 7

Khorne works because it is like a classic car. Doesn't need to be anything more or less. Instantly recognisable with a battlecry that's been on everyone's lips one time or another.

New for the sake of being new gets us even sillier hats than the chorfs (LRL) while Khorne's aesthetics is forever. Much like how GW doesn't have to tinker with vampire counts/SBGL. It just works because everyone deep down inside like to indulge their rage and revel in glorious close combat!

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Khorne works because it is like a classic car. Doesn't need to be anything more or less. Instantly recognisable with a battlecry that's been on everyone's lips one time or another.

New for the sake of being new gets us even sillier hats than the chorfs (LRL) while Khorne's aesthetics is forever. Much like how GW doesn't have to tinker with vampire counts/SBGL. It just works because everyone deep down inside like to indulge their rage and revel in glorious close combat!

I really like the Juggernaut design. It is something different and screams Khorne. They should have done a bit more of those designs imho. The Skullcanon was a bit to futuristic for my taste. The classic Khorne design is a timeless one though.

42 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This is one of our oldest Rumour Engines, has to be nearly 2 years old at this point.

Anybody else thinking Warcry Terrain now?

2020-04-07.jpg

It is the backside of a throne backrest and it is very possible it is a Cursed City terrain/token model

Edited by Nezzhil

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I really like the Juggernaut design. It is something different and screams Khorne. They should have done a bit more of those designs imho. The Skullcanon was a bit to futuristic for my taste. The classic Khorne design is a timeless one though.

Yeah, the juggernaughts are just *chef's kiss* awesome. It just looks like they could go through anything. For 40k I would I have liked a smaller tank-sized version of the Lord of Skulls. In both systems build on that bulky 'mass monster' look. Who knows, there might be more to come.

36 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The Orb is also very similar to the Underworlds Warband. Definitely Seraphon!!

83qnn8ebzs161.jpg

I know the device they hold is a "black hole bomb".

I'm assuming the rumor engine is another terraforming device? 

This is almost 100% Warcry terrain. I would love it to be a new model like a Slann, warbeast, astrolith or whatever. However considering I went nuts over the Heart of Ghur box over the couple of pieces of Seraphon ruins, I'll be just as happy for more terrain.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chikout said:

If this isn't some kind of Seraphon mini or scenery, I'll eat my hat. bnKQHA1uIJEMpjQp.jpg.ef6c4e1781266a479b564090d3d08e68.jpg

100% I’ve painted enough of those triangles to know it’s Seraphon. The orb is similar to that of the realm shaper engine too. 

I would be extremely disappointed if it was just terrain though. 

Edited by Jetlife
  • Like 1