The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

"This year promises to be a huge one for Death players, and we’re getting things started with Legions of Nagash" starting things off might indicate another death release this year, I'm not sure of the legions of Nagash battletome will come with new units

Inside, you’ll find the warscrolls for every single Death model (so far…)

I think something more is coming. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Niltzsche said:

I like how the "renaming" into Legions of Nagash opens up the possibility of more, non-Nagash related Death armies. Could be interessting, if they would go down that road.

Issue number one with the GA Death was it's Keywords, Summonning and way how Deathlord's (Nagash's generals basically) couldn't Ally with many armies due to costs involved.
So what do I expect, first things first (much more important as any new unit):

1. Reconsideration of Keywords, give units who logically fit Faction A and B Keyword A and B.
2. Summonning system through accumulating points. We can look into Maggotkin of Nurgle to see how this will likely alter Death altogether.
3. Have a logical overlapping ruling rule for Deathlords. Again Keywords can fix this too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvDJ said:

Well there we go a new Battletome for the Legions of Nagash announce, although no pics of whats inside

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/new-year-new-armies-reveals-new-years-open-day/

NYOpenDay-Jan6-NagashBook5ne-484x500.jpg.a59ce42a05f4abcb4fab7965fe31d5d5.jpg

Would this book be a good excuse for GW to unretire the more modern Tomb Kings kits? (tomb guard, snake riders and sphinx)

• Like 1

I don't think so, those models are considered legacy for aestethic reasons (according to GW at the start of AoS). 

That, and lore reasons are also weird. Nagash was never able to truely exort his will over the Tomb Kings and they have always been fighting amongst themselves. Since the old world was destroyed, Nagash would have no real reason to resurrect undead that he never controlled. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

Funny thing is now the keywords rework fits narratively, Grand alliance death has been pretty fractured throughout the age of Sigmar, and now Nagash has come back full force and brought his forces back in line. 

Yup they even say that in the campaign book. 

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I'm pretty excited.

I'm just afraid there won't be new models (bar the Knight of Shrouds) with this Battletome. 

I can't wait for January 26th-28th and the "very special preview seminar" we'll got there......

Jan.26-28.2018.png

You know I would like new models at least three a plastic vampire hero, plastic blood knights and new zombies. On my wish list? a plastic liche wizard. Now if we don't get new models yeah I will be down but FINALLY I can break nagash out of it's box. 

I even have a shoebox ready for the great necromancer so I can take him down to the my store. Never planned to use it since nagash was so bleh and I bought nagash like almost 2 years ago. 

• Like 2

right now, after gw merged death factions into 1, i feel like Malerion could betray Sigmar alliance and strikes from the realm of Ulgu as Death ally :ph34r:

maybe this ritual could be part of the plan, its madness going 1vs3 (maybe there is another plan, like take all the souls of people going into shyish)

all chaos minions going into Ulgu die ,the realm is home of ghouls/specters/flesh-eaters ;) and the 2 realms are really strong connected each other

and we dont know exactly what/who was the knight of shrouds before....maybe some elf 9_9 corrupted by the idea of resurrecting (by new souls, since elf souls are gone) some of his companions 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, calcysimon said:

right now, after gw merged death factions into 1, i feel like Malerion could betray Sigmar alliance and strikes from the realm of Ulgu as Death ally :ph34r:

Well I'm not sure about that at all... We have a rumor of TWO new Aelves armies for this Spring...

But what I could see is : 

- A Legion of Archaon battletome, with Everchosen, Slaves to Darkness, and possibly new Barbarians Darkoath with characters.

- A Children of the Great Horned Rat battletome with all the Skavens clans (maybe Pestilens too as Flesh-eater Courts seems to be in LoN also).

- Something like that for Free People, or Duardin or (existing) Aelves-only.

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well I'm not sure about that at all... We have a rumor of TWO new Aelves army for this Spring...

But what I could see is : 

- A Legion of Archaon battletome, with Everchosen, Slaves to Darkness, and possibly new Barbarians Darkoath with characters.

- A Children of the Great Horned Rat battletome with all the Skavens clans (maybe Pestilens too as Flesh-eater Courts seems to be in LoN also).

- Something like that for Free People, or Duardin or (existing) Aelves-only.

uuuuuuuuuuh, everchosen+slaves could be really fantastic, so gw could sell some varanguard models :$and us using them 9_9 since they are the best example of chaos chosens

At first the Battletome:Legions of Nagash announcement was a real bummer for me.

To me it spelled the cementing of GA:Death in its current state as setting displaced Vampire Counts army , which is sadly exactly what I have no interest in. It is one thing to say Death is more Monolitic than the other GAs, this would put Death as entirely Monolithic until further notice.

However, this is propably mostly a stopgap to support those who already collect and/or play Death as a Grand Alliance force for Malign Portents, and ultimately just represents one way of playing Death. This would mean seperate faction Battletomes for Death may still be as likely to come out as before. Since I am mostly interested in standalone Deathrattle and Nighthaunt (or something entirely new) I have to wait for this. I still sit on a heap of open questions, though I will propably get the book for the lore alone.

I really have to wonder why GW took so long to update Death if this was something they had planned all along though. They could have put out a Battletome bundling Death by leadership without new releases at pretty much any time. My only explanation is that they took a wait and see stance, so hopefully they now really made book that allows Death as a whole at least stand up well rule wise. We might also be looking at a serious reshuffeling of keywords here.

This may be good news for Skaven fans, as there now is a precedent that allows for a Battletome:Children of the Horned Rat supporting all Skaven factions without necessarily precluding releases for individual clan armies. Quite possible that Free Cities/Free Peoples develope along similar lines eventually, as they tend to be mostly represented by wildly mixing the various smaller Order Factions and Firestorm already took them halfway there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

At first the Battletome:Legions of Nagash announcement was a real bummer for me. (...)

However, this is propably mostly a stopgap to support those who already collect and/or play Death as a Grand Alliance force for Malign Portents, and ultimately just represents one way of playing Death. This would mean seperate faction Battletomes for Death may still be as likely to come out as before. Since I am mostly interested in standalone Deathrattle and Nighthaunt (or something entirely new) I have to wait for this. I still sit on a heap of open questions, though I will propably get the book for the lore alone. (...)

I think you are right about "as likely to come out as before". The GHB 2017 allegiance for Nighthaunt / not for Deathrattle is still IMO an hint of what is to come... (at last it worked for Maggotkin). As I said, I think LoN is really a "Traitor Legions" style book, before we got true factions releases (and NEW MODELS). 

1 minute ago, Caladancid said:

It sort of begs the question though of why buy this new LoN book if it doesn’t have the allegedly coming soon new Death models. 

You don't play Death it seems?

The awnser to that is simple, the current state of their Warscrolls is a larger mess as their Allegiance Abilities are. In better words, it's very hard to create a strong Death army due to how strangely Keywords have been scattered amongst their Warscrolls.

In addition I am 100% certain that with this Death as an overlapping army will obtain rules that allow you to accumulate points to summon particular units instead of how it works now.

Edited by Killax
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Killax said:

You don't play Death it seems?

The awnser to that is simple, the current state of their Warscrolls is a larger mess as their Allegiance Abilities are. In better words, it's very hard to create a strong Death army due to how strangely Keywords have been scattered amongst their Warscrolls.

In addition I am 100% certain that with this Death as an overlapping army will obtain rules that allow you to accumulate points to summon particular units instead of how it works now.

No. I do play Death, and have played Death since it was Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts. Your tone, needs some work.

My point was that if new units are coming soon, those should be in a book that is also coming soon. That would make the most sense.

The hopeful half of me also thinks that there is NO way GW would focus on Soulblight like this, when there  are only two different units which are available in store, the rest being website only.

9 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

My point was that if new units are coming soon, those should be in a book that is also coming soon. That would make the most sense.

My hope is that LoN is like the Traitor Legions supplement ; we got it and some months later we got Death Guard, Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Daemons, and now Thousands Sons (yeah that's 40k Chaos but Death could see a little something like this with Shadespire and Malign Portents).

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

No. I do play Death, and have played Death since it was Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts. Your tone, needs some work.

The hopeful half of me also thinks that there is NO way GW would focus on Soulblight like this, when there  are only two different units which are available in store, the rest being website only.

I highly doubt any new models are coming with this book. The NEXT book is likely to have a maggotkin+ size release of an entirely new faction.

I don't think Deathrattle or Nighthaunt or Soulblight are going to be getting a full update, though they may recieve some ancillary crossover units.

24 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

It's always up to yourself to get a book or not. I have no clue where the idea comes from that this book will have no new units in it. If anything it will have a great slew of Allegiance abilities which per definition is a great boost.

As before MP focusses on Death, this book, if anything will be a massive bundle to finally adress many issues that are there for a large part of Grand Allegiance Death. I deem it extremely likely it is paired with new releases.