The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

I'm slightly bothered, it feels like they're appropriating dispossessed/ironweld's "thing" and giving it to the stormcast. Now the dwarfs are just lackies for these guys.

Offcourse the first 2018 model is a strange Stormcast.

I find his design hilarious. Two hammers and let the orderly scrolls to Nurgles Heralds.

I actually really really like this guy, especially compared to how terribad the Lord Celestant was (Yes, Stormcast haters THAT ONE was unnecessary ****** that should have been put into other armies for sure.)

This guy is neat though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well he puts a smile to my face regardless.

Every time someone makes a joke out of Stormcast they get another model. Its quite funny to think about it.

Jokes aside I am not so much a fan of this model. Adding more diversity to Stormcast is okay but its so clearly an Empire Engineer in a half Stormcast suit that I dont understand why Sigmar would reforge him like this.

Even in ultra fantasy carpenters or engineers dont use two hammers at the same time and carry all their tools.

Id much rather have him with scrolls like the video art. But thats just me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Killax said:

Well he puts a smile to my face regardless.

Every time someone makes a joke out of Stormcast they get another model. Its quite funny to think about it.

Jokes aside I am not so much a fan of this model. Adding more diversity to Stormcast is okay but its so clearly an Empire Engineer in a half Stormcast suit that I dont understand why Sigmar would reforge him like this.

Even in ultra fantasy carpenters or engineers dont use two hammers at the same time and carry all their tools.

Id much rather have him with scrolls like the video art. But thats just me.

If I got him, he'd just be a proxy for Rogal Dorn.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Swooper said:

Does this guy close any outstanding rumour engines? Wasn't there a sextant in one of them, the one on his belt buckle?

There was a lion one with like an anvil iirc that is most likely his shoulder pad

Even though it's a cool model, I'm really disappointed that it's stormcast (with that said, if all sce were designed closer to this model's design, I would have like stormcast more from get go). With all the other factions they took some of the smaller non-battletome factios but here they just couldn't resist giving order yet another stormcast hero.

I do hope though that gw has enough smarts to show early showcase of some of the new death models (assuming they exist) when they reveal malign portents, even if they won't be released until march earliest. 'cause based on number of comments I've seen here and on other comment areas/facebook, Gw will have to face full wrath of death playerbase if they show nothing but some new campaign book or similar.

I don't mind it being stormcast, but this model only works for us if he comes with a helmeted option. I know bare faced models is something fans want to provide 'humanity' to the Stormcast, but we much prefer the idea of them being almost etheral/spiritual beings in the armour. It gives the reforging a bit more of a mystifying feel as opposed to just flesh and blood reincarnation. 

Plus, in the past year I have come around to the epic, he-man style AoS aethetic in a big way...not too plussed to see a turn back to holy roman empire flavored models. Let's move on. :/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

Erm stormcast were never written as ethereal/spiritual beings in armour even from the first campaign book and story. The mask is largely meant to represent sigmar's face more than anything. 

I know. but with full masks we can 'pretend' they're that way on our tables. ;)

All jokes aside, with some quick work in paint I would have 100% dug the design that was shown in the video for him (with a large hammer):
image.png.c2e5f3e1c56ec2ef32f09e723d31c7f1.png

Now I just think he's part of a band as a drummer who replaced his drumsticks for hammers. To me there is nothing orderly to the model. It just frankly speaking looks weird. Not like a mastermind, not like an engineer but instead much more like a Stormcast variant of the Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer. Side by side:

Vorras.jpg
99070201016_AspiringDeathbringerGoreaxeS

Instead I dig the idea of him being a mix of engineer and astrologist but again the model doesn't represent that at all. 
Offcourse I'd say to each his own! I would have designed an Order Herald quite differently, more embodying what Order usually shows as designs. All the more power to those who like him! Have fun and I think that with some converting he can look very cool. 

Cheers,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. White said:

I know. but with full masks we can 'pretend' they're that way on our tables. ;)

You and the like 10-15% of people that interpreted the lore that way. It's WAY more interesting if they're flesh and blood. Being able to go back and mess with your relatives would be hilarious.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, someone2040 said:

What I find good though is that it seems the Nurgle release will be done and dusted in about 2-3 weeks. It won't be dragged over the entire month of January, which means there's plenty of time for goodies to roll in.

One of the things I was particularly disappointed in last year were 'no release' weeks. What I mean by those are weeks devoted entirely to stuff like Made to Order, Skirmish coming out with boxed sets, allies sets, etc. Those weeks didn't have any new models come out at all (and sometimes multiple weeks in a row), and while a good boxed set bargain is good, it's not new content.

So I'm hoping they churn out the models from week 1 next year.

Agreed except for the Made to Order. I miss those. The Made to Order, Slaanesh Daemons is the reason I started my Slaanesh army last year. Even if they want to move on from whfb some of the models still have value to me, and always will have. So why not offer them? even without rules there are some models I would buy. It's pure sentiment they are offering. To me just as good as something new. But that's of course personal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, someone2040 said:

What I find good though is that it seems the Nurgle release will be done and dusted in about 2-3 weeks. It won't be dragged over the entire month of January, which means there's plenty of time for goodies to roll in.

So I'm hoping they churn out the models from week 1 next year.

Somewhere on these forums there was talk that GW had increased their production capacity. I'd love to believe that has something to do with the success of AOS and means we may see an increase in both the pace of the narrative and the models released alongside it.

Releasing another stormcast hero feels like a missed opportunity, but I'm holding out hope that because he's not the traditional soldier type, MP will still be a game-changer and there will be exciting faction releases with and following it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Exactly! I also like Stormcast and would like to see more stormcast in 2018, but not in the first month of it! I really hoped it would have been an Aelf or regular human (I secretly hoped for a Bretonnianesque hero instead).

But to be fair its almost a whole month since they last got a hero:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super long build up for all the Heralds...

Everybody getting unorthodox releases... goblins... darkoath... malignants. What unorthodox release could order have? A dwarf? An elf? Perhaps free people's?

The moment finally arrived and boom! Another stormcast joins the battle! The least expected of all!

Edited by Kugane
  • Haha 1