The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Killax said:

So I expect the Skaven to appear in January, Fyreslayers for February, Stormcast for May and Bloodbound for April.

I wouldn't be surprised to see those releases paired up and come out even faster at least for this first phase just to get enough variety out there to have a competitive scene that's not to stale.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see those releases paired up and come out even faster at least for this first phase just to get enough variety out there to have a competitive scene that's not to stale.

While possible I do think that it's in GW's interest to allow the first six months of 2018 to be very Malign Portents focused for AoS :) Due to them sharing the same universe the issue can otherwise occur to have two products compete with each other which is not ideal. Plus AoS is a bigger money maker as WU is.

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

Exactly what I think. They showed skaven early to continue interest, and will then drop the fyreslayers as a surprise pairing nearer the time.

On 12/29/2017 at 10:43 PM, Greasygeek said:

#Metoo?

I wanted some inspiration for a torso for a kitbashed nurgle daemen prince. The store owner insisted I should get the Glottkin. So ehm.. I try to keep GW store workers on a need to know basis.

The "#Metoo" comment is inappropriate. It turns the sexual assault and rape of literally millions of women into a joke. Please remove it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

I think it will be more clear with the last Malign portents herald. If it where Stormcast, we would already have it. But being the last one... I assume it is something spectacular and/or expected for a long time. So my guess is a redesigned elf faction 

Or they don't dare to show it because of the online outrage. ;-). I like Stormcast, but I really hope it's something else! Although I do hope that it is not a dwarf as we already have Fyreslayers and Kharadron.

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

Exactly what I think. They showed skaven early to continue interest, and will then drop the fyreslayers as a surprise pairing nearer the time.

Indeed, I think releasing per two seems very likely. The teaser for february white dwarf didn't mention anything for Shadespire, but maybe with a bit of imagination the teaser  "A whole lot of gold" could be Fyreslayers / Stormcast warband and / or Custodes.

7 hours ago, Killax said:

Not so much, the newest designs do not show something completely different. In fact I'd say it keeps mayor design elements that are unique to GW and befitting for Age of Sigmar. Duaradin Fyreslayers look 80% like WFB's Slayers, just amped to 11. Amongst Kharadron Overlords there are actually several designs that match that of Dispossessed too, basically amping things up to 11, best example is Irondrakes and the Dwarf Engineer designs.

Based on what we've seen amongst several armies there are only two real requirements needed for a unit to stay. Which seem to be:
1. They fit the epic fantasy styled design of their 'new' faction. In certain cases there is a lot of overlap (mostly seen in Chaos, Death and Destruction) and in others there is less, Order.
2. They need to fit the dynamic designs seen troughout AoS. Sometimes this even means that 'newest' WFB designes are scrapped if they do not fit that base visual look. Again many examples are given.

Based on that an indication of what's kept and what's more or less left would very much leave the following amongst regular AoS armies (even for the nearby future):

Hide contents

- War Hydra/Kharidbyss, dynamic and very unique model
- High Elves Eagles and Phoenixes, with likely eventual new infantry that matches that particular design more
- Witch Elves/Sisters of Slaughter plus all visual matching Dark Elves Sorceress, extremely dynamic and GW original
- Scourgerunner Chariot
- Black Arc Corsairs/Black Arc Fleetmaster, dynamic, GW original
- Dark Riders and Doomfire Warlocks

In essence I believe that GW's plans for Dark Elves are to focus on the Corsairs and Witches, where for High Elves a lot more changes will be applied but eventually that likely ends up being focused around Eagles, Phoenix and Smoke Sorcerers. 

We also are likely to see Darkoath before Slaanesh for Chaos and I deem it very possible that the Chaos Marauder kit will be updated but the Chaos Marauder Horsemen will not. There is a lot of time between these two boxes and the vibes both visually put out are actually very different too. 

Cheers,

Where are you getting the idea that the new high elves have smoke sorcerers? both the Aelves from the Silver Tower box are from the shadow realm which is Malerion's domain.

8 hours ago, Archaeopteryx said:

The "#Metoo" comment is inappropriate. It turns the sexual assault and rape of literally millions of women into a joke. Please remove it.

Sorry people I meant no harm. I assure you that I do not condole rape or mistreating of women. However I am a very sarcastic person and always try to find the humour in everything. Did not wanted to start a thing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Sorry people I meant no harm. I assure you that I do not condole rape or mistreating of women. However I am a very sarcastic person and always try to find the humour in everything. Did not wanted to start a thing. 

No worries :)

I reckon the release of new AoS factions is following the pattern of one per god, and we're finally seeing the second half of these factions. We've had new models (including entire new ranges) for Sigmar, Khorne, Grimnir, Gorkamorka, Alarielle and now Nurgle, with Nagash coming up next.

Evetchosen is a bit of an outlier (tho Archaon is a demigod at least) and Sigmar and Khorne have had further updates.

The rumours suggest shadow aelves of Malerion after Nagash's new faction, which would hopefully fit into this year's release schedule (last year saw only 3 factions receive proper releases).

After shadow aelves i predict the Horned Rat will get a release, as hes recently been set up in opposition to Malerion in the background. That leaves Tyrion's light aelves and finally Slaanesh, which could all conceivably be released in 2019, tho id bet on 2020 for Slaanesh.

Hopefully theyll sprinkle in a bunch of books for the random old factions too, as many sets of allegiance abilities were conspicuously absent from GHB17! 

I doubt Malign Portents will be much more than the 4 heralds and Nagash's new faction, unless it really is the sequel to Realmgate Wars and provides the narrative throughline for the next series of releases... which would be awesome!

All in all loads to look forward to!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Captain Marius said:

I reckon the release of new AoS factions is following the pattern of one per god, and we're finally seeing the second half of these factions. We've had new models (including entire new ranges) for Sigmar, Khorne, Grimnir, Gorkamorka, Alarielle and now Nurgle, with Nagash coming up next.

Evetchosen is a bit of an outlier (tho Archaon is a demigod at least) and Sigmar and Khorne have had further updates.

The rumours suggest shadow aelves of Malerion after Nagash's new faction, which would hopefully fit into this year's release schedule (last year saw only 3 factions receive proper releases).

After shadow aelves i predict the Horned Rat will get a release, as hes recently been set up in opposition to Malerion in the background. That leaves Tyrion's light aelves and finally Slaanesh, which could all conceivably be released in 2019, tho id bet on 2020 for Slaanesh.

Hopefully theyll sprinkle in a bunch of books for the random old factions too, as many sets of allegiance abilities were conspicuously absent from GHB17! 

I doubt Malign Portents will be much more than the 4 heralds and Nagash's new faction, unless it really is the sequel to Realmgate Wars and provides the narrative throughline for the next series of releases... which would be awesome!

All in all loads to look forward to!

I personally think Malign Portents could be something DEEPLY interesting. GW have kept any and all specifics so perfectly under wraps (which is not GWs MO considering the reveal is in 3 days) that the idea of them coming hard outta leftfield is looking enticingly likely. It might be something like what you said but they are putting a tremendous amount of work into hyping it while revealing NOTHING.

Oh and if they do Death->Elves->Skaven(combined with the non-zero chance of seeing plastic Sisters this year) I don't have enough organs to sell.

What I find good though is that it seems the Nurgle release will be done and dusted in about 2-3 weeks. It won't be dragged over the entire month of January, which means there's plenty of time for goodies to roll in.

One of the things I was particularly disappointed in last year were 'no release' weeks. What I mean by those are weeks devoted entirely to stuff like Made to Order, Skirmish coming out with boxed sets, allies sets, etc. Those weeks didn't have any new models come out at all (and sometimes multiple weeks in a row), and while a good boxed set bargain is good, it's not new content.

So I'm hoping they churn out the models from week 1 next year.

I am really really hoping that Portents doesn't turn out to be hot air.  I know people are already super hyped, but with the lack of any real information I am getting a sinking feeling that it's going to be a huge disappointment simply because without anything concrete people have formed their own wishlist of what it's going to be.  I think there has to be a new Death tome, faction, models or all three or people are going to essentially riot.  Like, if it turns out to just be a campaign and 4 heralds, people are going to be really upset no matter how good it is, because we've had all these teasers and not one thing that has had any substance whatsoever.  The fact the new Maggotkin tome has the malign portents AOS logo makes me think this might be something that goes on for the entire year; like all of the AOS releases this year will be a part of the new "age" of Age of Sigmar.

It is still possible that Malign Portents will be the start of the journey to AoS version 2.0 with a new starterset around june 2018.

It's rumoured that 2018 will be packed with new miniatures, much more than in 2017. So hopefully we will see atleast after Nurgle 2 à 3 new miniature ranges for AoS. My hopes are Death / Something Elven and a Darkoath range.

• Like 1

Exactly! I also like Stormcast and would like to see more stormcast in 2018, but not in the first month of it! I really hoped it would have been an Aelf or regular human (I secretly hoped for a Bretonnianesque hero instead).

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So if this video is "Episode 1", will it be one episode each day until Thursday when the MP countdown ends ?

My guess is one video for every herald.

My guess is the Knights of the Shroud come last.

They are the servants of Nagash, who will propably play Big Bad.

They propably know best what is going on, while the Ordinators may very well know the least, as it seems Sigmar is almost entirely blindsided about Nagashs maneuvers so far.

They are the heralds we know the least about and the ones whose nature is likely most pivotal.

• Like 3

oooh this interesting. So I guess this character will narrate the whole thing as something that happened that caused him to take sides, as he says he had no stake in the wars before. As an aside, where have I listened to this song before? It's so familiar.

• Like 1