The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, The World Tree said:

Bonesplitterz are definitely better than people thought. That book is a classic example of people looking at what was lost rather than judging it on its own merits. It has a LOT of good things in its favour. Not to say people are wrong to dislike it, especially if they liked the style of the previous book.

I'm not sure there's enough in the Bonesplitterz part of the book to say there is a lot of things period, much less a lot of good things. 😁

It's definitely not as bad as people first thought, it can mathhammer its way to victory in a decent number of matchups. But that's not exactly what you want in a good book. It stands out among 3rd edition armies by being far and away the blandest with the least going on in terms of interesting mechanics, it isn't even close. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, acr0ssth3p0nd said:

I've been slowly building up my Gitz in anticipation for this! (Also because I'm working on a skirmish game called Age of Squigmar.)

I’ve seen multiple rumors of a new spider kit along with the Battletome. What kind of kit I’m not sure. Is it definitely winter, who knows. I know they are sitting on so much stuff right now that their original release plan is moot. With two destruction tomes due in fall it could be one of those. I’ll assume one is ogres with new butcher kit and I’ve seen rumors on here that it’s Sons of Behemat which seems odd. All we know for winter is slaves but there will be more than 1 book!! 

22 hours ago, Maogrim said:

I know a certain Fyreslayers player who would surely disagree and give us another small essay about them being nerfed to ruins and how they are unplayable now and that the numbers don't lie etc.

Ok i gonna post even when i said to mods that i wont post again never because i think im pretty sure you are speaking about me.

First,plz dont be so rude and call him toxic for this commentary because its is true that he said and i really dont care or take it bad.

Also following the disscussion and as my last post(this time for real) i must point.......watch the win rate pics posted.......where is fyreslayers a 3.0 new book? Yes at the botton together goblin,skavens,slanesh etc....

So even if it is true that i have been toxic,negative,repetitive,rude etc seems i was rigth and fyreslayers book have been a big nerf to the army and rigth now they are slow,hit as wet noddles but cost as the more elite of the armys.

This gonna be my last post even if im quoted i wont post again,but i gonna read you yet because i love the rumors even if the 90% are fake.

So take care and have fun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Doko said:

Ok i gonna post even when i said to mods that i wont post again never because i think im pretty sure you are speaking about me.

First,plz dont be so rude and call him toxic for this commentary because its is true that he said and i really dont care or take it bad.

Also following the disscussion and as my last post(this time for real) i must point.......watch the win rate pics posted.......where is fyreslayers a 3.0 new book? Yes at the botton together goblin,skavens,slanesh etc....

So even if it is true that i have been toxic,negative,repetitive,rude etc seems i was rigth and fyreslayers book have been a big nerf to the army and rigth now they are slow,hit as wet noddles but cost as the more elite of the armys.

This gonna be my last post even if im quoted i wont post again,but i gonna read you yet because i love the rumors even if the 90% are fake.

So take care and have fun

Hey there, thanks for clarifying that you don't feel insulted. I did mean it as a light-hearted joke but I was also trying to give your perspective. I respect your opinion on a faction you clearly are passionate about - and the numbers do support your point that Fyreslayers got it worse than all the other 3rd Edition books. 

I seriously hope that there'll be better times for Dwarfs/Duardin/Dawi coming. All the best to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm 99% sure the next books are Lumineth, Gloomspite, Sons of Behemat, Tzeentch, slaves to Darkness and maybe one more. I think there is a high chance that we see a slaves battlebox this year and the battletome next year. 

Thinking about it, it would be nice to see a slaves Vs OBR box. It would be cool to continue the story of the Bone Reapers' invasion of the All points. OBR don't need much in terms of minis but a second infantry unit would help them a lot. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm 99% sure the next books are Lumineth, Gloomspite, Sons of Behemat, Tzeentch, slaves to Darkness and maybe one more. I think there is a high chance that we see a slaves battlebox this year and the battletome next year. 

Thinking about it, it would be nice to see a slaves Vs OBR box. It would be cool to continue the story of the Bone Reapers' invasion of the All points. OBR don't need much in terms of minis but a second infantry unit would help them a lot. 

I agree with the Battletome list.

That would also make for an awesome Battlebox as well, especially if it contains a lot of new STD and a new Ossiarch unit.

2 hours ago, Horizons said:

Wasn't there an image leak of 3.0 instructions for Rippa's Snarlfangs? Making it a likely candidate for Destruction tome for Autumn.

Did I dream that?

There was indeed.

Looking at the road map and considering the armies which didn't get any battletome 3.0 or white dwarf update so far  , this should be the sequence of releases:

Autumn:

Lumineth & Tzeentch 

Gloomspite & Ogor mawtribes 

Winter: Slaves to darkness 

4 minutes ago, cyrus said:

There was indeed.

Looking at the road map and considering the armies which didn't get any battletome 3.0 or white dwarf update so far  , this should be the sequence of releases:

Autumn:

Lumineth & Tzeentch 

Gloomspite & Ogor mawtribes 

Winter: Slaves to darkness 

Ogors aren't coming this autumn. It's Sons of Behemat with the little guys from the rumour engines. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree with the Battletome list.

That would also make for an awesome Battlebox as well, especially if it contains a lot of new STD and a new Ossiarch unit.

After the wrath of the ever chosen book, Archaon and Karakros still have some unfinished business. 
if I remember correctly OBR have some sort of ballistae that are mentioned. So hopefully we will get them at some point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TreelordRecent said:

After the wrath of the ever chosen book, Archaon and Karakros still have some unfinished business. 
if I remember correctly OBR have some sort of ballistae that are mentioned. So hopefully we will get them at some point.

Ballistae, archers...and chariots...that's all I need for them 😁

Also I wish the ballistae is designed to kill monsters and only monsters where the Mortek Crawler must be used against infantry.

Edited by Harioch
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TreelordRecent said:

Really hoping we get more Campaign/Narrative books this year.

3 minutes ago, Harioch said:

Make Bonemen great again!!

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Ogors aren't coming this autumn. It's Sons of Behemat with the little guys from the rumour engines. 

Cannot wait for them to be named and to see what monster they worship. All we know is they worship Gargants and live in Lake Hoarfrost.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Cannot wait for them to be named and to see what monster they worship. All we know is they worship Gargants and live in Lake Hoarfrost.

What if they get those on swarm bases. Then they have the largest and smallest units in the army.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Is there any evidence of sons of behemoth new battletome?

Their bt is not that old  and they get wd update last August.

Ogor bt is older and they didn't get any wd update.

Recently most of maneaters disappeared from webstore. 

2 hours ago, Harioch said:

Also I wish the ballistae is designed to kill monsters and only monsters where the Mortek Crawler must be used against infantry.

Katakros doesn't like chariots xD

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Hints from @Whitefang in regards to their getting a Battletome and the Critters being a part of a new Gargant it.

GW is confusing with BTs as DOK didnt need one so soon after yet got one.

Im hoping that the Maneaters are going to become a multi part kit!! I wouldnt be suprised to see them as a Warcry Warband.

32 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Yes. The same rumour that predicted Lumineth, said Sons are coming. We also have the rumour engines which Whitefang confirmed were for the Sons. Sons were the first army to get a wd update and we already know that slaves are coming, who had an update later than Sons. 

There is always a chance that the rumours are wrong but I wouldn't get your hopes up for an Ogors book this year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Hey there, thanks for clarifying that you don't feel insulted. I did mean it as a light-hearted joke but I was also trying to give your perspective. I respect your opinion on a faction you clearly are passionate about - and the numbers do support your point that Fyreslayers got it worse than all the other 3rd Edition books. 

I seriously hope that there'll be better times for Dwarfs/Duardin/Dawi coming. All the best to you. 

That "War of the Beard 2" won't get anywhere if we all start getting along!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4