The Rumour Thread

52 minutes ago, Riavan said:

The book says it usually all goes back so stormcast armour trophy's are precious and usually prized. (Think it's in the bit about the ironjawz clan that paints their armour gold to be like them). Co up e be in the ironjawz painting guide now that I think about it.

The only exception, that I know off, is Blut'Rexx that held on to the banner after slaying it's owner and fought against Azyrite blasts to stop the banner from leaving.

8 hours ago, shinros said:

No because I don't want the setting to end up like 40k. 

This doesn't make sense.

Imitation of one of the origin themes (only) of the most successful and lasting tabletop game story of the last 30 years should put AoS on good footing. 

Ofc it won't end up like 40k.

I mean it's a theme as old as the first narrative tragedies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

I thought the whole point of aos was that its part way between fantasy and 40k. Guns and vehicles and bigger armour etc. 

I think there's a divide in expectations (perhaps) between those who want the some flavour of the old world back (often, but not always, those waiting on old faction updates) in some recognisable shape or homage, and then those embracing the new, be that in the new, original factions or starting from scratch with AoS.

Possibly - I mean I can't at all divine what everyone thinks or feels.

It would though explain some of the sensitivity around deathcast as an update to death. I mean death players have been crying out for attention for ages and signs point to it being their time and still there's rumbles of 'you better not do X' or 'I hope it's Tomb Kings'.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Riavan said:

The book says it usually all goes back so stormcast armour trophy's are precious and usually prized. (Think it's in the bit about the ironjawz clan that paints their armour gold to be like them). Co up e be in the ironjawz painting guide now that I think about it.

The armor doesn't go away if they are taken alive ;) At least, that's how I've been justifying it with the trophies.

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

This doesn't make sense.

Imitation of one of the origin themes (only) of the most successful and lasting tabletop game story of the last 30 years should put AoS on good footing. 

Ofc it won't end up like 40k.

I mean it's a theme as old as the first narrative tragedies.

Doesn't mean they have to imitate it death has a very human element that people go that path to defy it creating such a faction waters it down. There is tragedy enough surrounding the reforging which is the stormcast keep fighting despite them becoming robots and losing everything. They want to see the realms free of chaos. Stormcast is a mirror to chaos already where people are chosen because they are the biggest baddest and means dudes. While many leaders in the stormcast come from humble backgrounds chosen for their strength in spirit.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, shinros said:

Doesn't mean they have to imitate it death has a very human element that people go that path to defy it creating such a faction waters it down. There is tragedy enough surrounding the reforging which is the stormcast keep fighting despite them becoming robots and losing everything they want to see the realms free of chaos. Stormcast is a mirror to chaos already where people are chosen because they are the biggest baddest and means dudes. While many leaders in the stormcast come from humble backgrounds chosen for their strength in spirit.

I think (just my opinion) that death must always be pure imitation. There is no real creation or new from death (as opposed to Chaos which can't stop creating) just reanimation, rot and resurrection. 

Or maybe - life creates, chaos mutates, death keeps life going for longer than it should and it's twisted.

That was always my take on undeath in most fantasy settings. Ofc I hope AoS riffs on this with something cool. I think it'd be extra smart if GW also kept all existing death players happy too!

Edited by Turragor

SPOILER AHEAD! :P

Lets not forget that the Skaven pocket dialed the Eldar before.

“The warlock engineers soon discovered the Device of the Great Beyond, a communication apparatus that spoke to beings from beyond the stars.  As they swirled its many dials, a querulous voice spoke through the stone speakers. That voice, fair and clear caused the Skaven to bolt away.  The device was something like the far-squeaker, but the melodious tones that issued forth were, if anything, kin to the despised speech of the elf-things. As they did not understand the alien language, nor how the arcane contraption worked the warlock engineers pulled the device apart and shot it with warplock pistols until it stopped making any sounds.”

Edited by Kugane
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Quote:

“The warlock engineers soon discovered the Device of the Great Beyond, a communication apparatus that spoke to beings from beyond the stars.  As they swirled its many dials, a querulous voice spoke through the stone speakers. That voice, fair and clear caused the Skaven to bolt away.  The device was something like the far-squeaker, but the melodious tones that issued forth were, if anything, kin to the despised speech of the elf-things. As they did not understand the alien language, nor how the arcane contraption worked the warlock engineers pulled the device apart and shot it with warplock pistols until it stopped making any sounds.”

Where is that from!?! That's hilarious :D

24 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Quote:

I've been wondering about that. When did that happen? Which book? I ran out of Skaven books to read :(

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by Mayple

2 minutes ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Where is that from!?! That's hilarious :D

1 minute ago, Mayple said:

I've been wondering about that. When did that happen? Which book? I ran out of Skaven books to read :(

Apparently its in the thanquol book. I should probably add a spoiler somewhere in the original text.

1 minute ago, Kugane said:

Apparently its in the thanquol book. I should probably add a spoiler somewhere in the original text.

Oh? I read that one very recently. No mention of this occurence (they also didn't bring any warlock engineers as far as I recall)

Assuming you're talking about the second Thanquol book (or any of the three, really) :P now I must know the source! For science!

Just now, Mayple said:

Oh? I read that one very recently. No mention of this occurence (they also didn't bring any warlock engineers as far as I recall)

Assuming you're talking about the second Thanquol book (or any of the three, really) :P now I must know the source! For science!

I never read any, so no idea which one, apparently it happens after they fight some lizardmen or something, perhaps that'll help you to find out which one it is :P.

6 minutes ago, Kugane said:

I never read any, so no idea which one, apparently it happens after they fight some lizardmen or something, perhaps that'll help you to find out which one it is :P.

They fight lizardmen in the second one, but Thanquoul is accompanied by a bunch of Eshin rats, and no warlock engineers, so I don't think it is that one. In the first one, he's chilling with humans, and in the third, dwarves. 

It might happen during the end times, but it is not in 'the rise of the horned rat'

So. If we figure out which skaven books feature Lustria (which is where they find the device, I believe) - besides the second Thanquoul book, we might find our source :)

This new moonclan shaman is a Christmas miracle. Its not an orc and means this fungus theme will be the theme of an expanded grot roster hopefully. 

Check out the fungus spore. Its like the one from the rumor engine. The rumor one was bigger so there are more fungus models incoming. Also check out that little baby squig-whale thing by his foot. 

Oh boy this is gunna be so great you guys. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

This new moonclan shaman is a Christmas miracle. Its not an orc and means this fungus theme will be the theme of an expanded grot roster hopefully. 

Check out the fungus spore. Its like the one from the rumor engine. The rumor one was bigger so there are more fungus models incoming. Also check out that little baby squig-whale thing by his foot. 

Oh boy this is gunna be so great you guys. 

Omg we were just discussing new Moonclan stuff as well haha. 

Thats a seriously epic model, very excited!