The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Durant said:

What's vlogging ?

And they say Warhammer is just for kids ;) 

Genuinely can't tell if your trolling, but as it's part of my job i'm too proud not to explain, haha. Vlogging is the evolution of blogging. Just like blogging it can take a limitless forms but usually share a couple of characteristics. It usually consists of single person that is the talking head & films, So visually you tend to see the extended arm and a close up of the face. Secondly it's a filming form that is low-budget as it's a one man show. Thirdly most vlogs have a high turnover rate, meaning the viewers follow a vlogger on their day to day activities.

These characteristics mean that in a world which is all scripted and edited vlogging became the new 'real' entertainment for younger generations. Hence it's popularity the last years, although now it has become the main video entertainment form online, imo. 

Mic drop ;)

1 hour ago, Sheriff said:

I love youtube battle reports - is that video blogging? 

I even love the ****** ones where they get all the rules wrong; I just love seeing people have fun and being passionate about the game. 

It's weird container term that can mean anything. So on a purely personal level... No, although it shows a lot of the same visual styles I feel it's more of a webitem. Depends on the style of course but to take miniwargaming's videos as an example, as those are the only ones I watch. There is a lot of production behind it, it's a team effort, it's pre&post  produced, it only shows a single subject. So for me no. 
But to be fair I could almost as easily argue the other side of things. 

So yeah, decide for yourself ;) 

11 minutes ago, Kramer said:

It's weird container term that can mean anything. So on a purely personal level... No, although it shows a lot of the same visual styles I feel it's more of a webitem. Depends on the style of course but to take miniwargaming's videos as an example, as those are the only ones I watch. There is a lot of production behind it, it's a team effort, it's pre&post  produced, it only shows a single subject. So for me no. 
But to be fair I could almost as easily argue the other side of things. 

So yeah, decide for yourself ;) 

So it means things like Warhammer Weekly? (I really love that show)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Thanks!  We love doing it :-)

Oh thats you? I feel so dumb now... 

Yeah I love it, mostly because of how wholesome and friendly it is, but clearly a lot of thought goes in to the structure of it and planning etc. Keep up the good work!

My favourite was the one where you recorded it in the car on the way back from an event, in a rather giddy fashion where the post-battle buzz was contagious. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Well then let's ask the man himself, do you feel you your show is a vlog? tbh i've never seen it so no judgement here but after @Sheriff's review i'll certainly give it a go. 

I think I might more describe our show as a varietal where we do some news and rumors each week, cover things people are working on, highlight new blogs and videos related to the hobby and then a discussion piece about some aspect of the game/faction/interview. I think we kind of structure it as a Daily-Show-esque offering for our hobby.  Does that make sense?

11 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Also @Thomas Lyons why isn't your outrageous end-of-show rumour not on this forum? xD

We save it for our viewers ;)

I'm assuming you're referring to the leak we received at the tail end of the show  last night from a fairly reliable source that we'll see some type of death-associated Stormcast (i.e. Deathcast Eternals)  very early on in the month of January (January 3rd was the date named; we'll see if this actually happens).  We'll see if it does indeed pan out :D

Edited by Thomas Lyons
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheriff said:

@Thomas Lyons Yup, that one.

The salt levels are going break records if the first released death model is stormcast xD

It's funny -- I hate Stormcasts and have been longing for some sort of Death release for a long time and yet I'm not bothered by the "Deathcast" idea as long as they aren't just Stormcasts with skulls on them (as others have said). If they look more like Stormcast sized morghasts I'll be pretty stoked. 

• Like 3

I was one of the guys who was really disappointed when we started to see the human faces for Stormcast.  I loved the initial,buzz around 'oh what do they look like' and I always had them down as ethereal, to the point where my little Stormcast collection where all going to have skull headswaps so I could paint them ethereal and represent that

So to me this may be great news indeed, finally my ethereal Stormcast!!

Yes I see what you mean, it's missed opportunity (I can put skulls on Stormcast anytime) would be better to have the size and scale of a Stormcast but with that ornate bone armour that looks great on the Death minis

I'm loving the hype to be fair, whatever comes it's great to be excited about new GW products again, I'm kind of addicted now to Warhammer TV (thank you amazon prime!!) and been a great new era for the company