The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Frozenbeast said:

Dec19-RumourEngine2jre.jpg

anything about this??? Eldar? New elves for AoS? Necromunda?

That's a soulstone alright. Eldar for sure. 

On the other side of that thought: High Aelves have also used gems like that.

99070210001_LoremasterHoeth01.jpg

So with some luck, maybe it's an aelf thing. Probably not though.

21 minutes ago, Jaepic said:

Still hope for the Tomb Kings?

For AoS, the answer is of course no, but I sometimes wonder if somewhere down the road GW might revisit the Old World on the table top. Rank and file is never coming back, but I  could see GW doing a limited "world" within the old world sometime in pretty far future(10 years or so or some kind of big WHFB anniversary). Something limited in factions/models and based on the AoS rules set. That's the only way I think we'd ever see a new tomb king model.

I am really meh about this glut of Special Characters. Why not just make a generic Sword and Shield Celestant, to give players at least some customization of their characters?

Seriously, the lack of equipment customization on characters is one thing I dislike about AoS. And I never liked special characters anyway (remember when Vandus Hammerhand had just the same rules as any other Lord Celestant? I miss that)

Bit of topic, but I am very glad so many Tomb Kings units make it into TW:Warhammer. By my count, only the Necrolith Colossus, Ushabti with Bow and Tomb Herald seem to be missing. And the Hierotitan looks ace and I think not a lot of people where expecting it. All in all, looking really good.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I am really meh about this glut of Special Characters. Why not just make a generic Sword and Shield Celestant, to give players at least some customization of their characters?

Seriously, the lack of equipment customization on characters is one thing I dislike about AoS. And I never liked special characters anyway (remember when Vandus Hammerhand had just the same rules as any other Lord Celestant? I miss that)

Bit of topic, but I am very glad so many Tomb Kings units make it into TW:Warhammer. By my count, only the Necrolith Colossus, Ushabti with Bow and Tomb Herald seem to be missing. And the Hierotitan looks ace and I think not a lot of people where expecting it. All in all, looking really good.

Absolutely agree. There's not even something 'extra' that disginguishes him as a special character, it has generic hero written all over his rules. Even Vandus and Khorgus Kul got upgrades when they got special character warscrolls.

Super disappointing, I really don't get it. If they want him to be a special character, then give him special rules and make him stand out.

• Like 1

I might be clutching at straws here, but I'm sure someone on here and dakka rumoured blightkings on plague drones, and this would be about the right base size for something like that and GW do like to have their nurglings mimicking the models they accompany...? Probably just a new beast though

4 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

I might be clutching at straws here, but I'm sure someone on here and dakka rumoured blightkings on plague drones, and this would be about the right base size for something like that and GW do like to have their nurglings mimicking the models they accompany...? Probably just a new beast though

I think it's simpler.

image.png.458c2a8ae94f1d498b1b05b24bf63ce5.png

Or I'm seeing things that arn't there ;) 

It's a very cute Nurgling but I am getting a bit tired of the extended nurgle release. After several months of death guard I'm ready for something different. I am well aware that an aos nurgle release is inevitable,  but I hope we get a death guard sized Death release as well.

1 minute ago, WarbossKurgan said:

This is from back in January this year:

So there is a precedent for Warhammer TV showing a tiny bit of a larger kit as a teaser...

I thought about that too. First cat, now Nurgling on fly, what we will see  around end of next year? ;)

4 hours ago, WarbossKurgan said:

This is from back in January this year:

So there is a precedent for Warhammer TV showing a tiny bit of a larger kit as a teaser...

Is it just me (and I am that old), or is it this all talking to the camera guy taken from ray cook and early 90s MTV?

Wow I am old back when I was young MTV was all about music :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2