The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I am really going to struggle to wait for 20 days. I got impatient waiting for the video to load.

I need some instant gratification. 

My understanding is that more and more stuff will appear on the site over the next few weeks to help tease us up until 3rd Jan (which is Age of Sigmar Wednesday on Warhammer TV). I'm guessing we will see more teasers in a similar manner of the 40K release

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Galas said:

Now I have realized... its all in our faces!  what if they release a race of Death-based Raven-people worshipers?

Tengu Attack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNEARBZFUvc

For better or for worse, I thought they already did raven cultists, in Spear of Shadows. Those were (not inappropriately) Tzeentch worshippers.

So, we'll need another symbol for Death.

(Good try though! :) )

23 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

My understanding is that more and more stuff will appear on the site over the next few weeks to help tease us up until 3rd Jan (which is Age of Sigmar Wednesday on Warhammer TV). I'm guessing we will see more teasers in a similar manner of the 40K release

I really hope so. I would love the kind of drip feed that 8th edition got. I remember the run up to the space hulk reboot when they showed a mini a day for two weeks. It was great, and was completely successful in making me buy the game.

• Like 1

Well we know Nagash is up to something. With the influx of people being born, living and dying, he probably got a soul power boost.

Everyone that dies except Stormies, and chaos champions (if saved by their patron) goes directly to him to nom.

I wonder what that rascal is up to.

• Like 2

So on the 40k side, there seem to be credible rumors that a Chaos Daemons codex could slip out between the next 8 space marine codex releases and with it the newly spotted beasts of nurgle and and maybe a new Great Unclean one. Has there been any whispers(i.e. more that conjecture based on more solid 40k rumors) to suggest moves on the AoS side as far as an "event", battletome, or anything else Nurgle related other than just a few Nurgle models getting updated?

• Like 1

I think there’s been hints throughout The lore that has been released so far that something WILL eventually go wrong with the reforging process of the stormcast. This has always been Nagash’ big beef with Sigmar. The latter denying the former his rightful tithe of souls. Maybe we’ll see the equivalent of the heresy among stormcast???

2 minutes ago, Baardah said:

I think there’s been hints throughout The lore that has been released so far that something WILL eventually go wrong with the reforging process of the stormcast. This has always been Nagash’ big beef with Sigmar. The latter denying the former his rightful tithe of souls. Maybe we’ll see the equivalent of the heresy among stormcast???

No. I hope they don't do that. If I want to collect a stormcast like army I would collect chaos or well stormcast. Death should be different spooky things and all. Also the reforging process is already messed up with their own flaws coming in via stormhost according to guy haley.  The shadespire releases and the new hero model I feel shows they are not going that route. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, shinros said:

No. I hope they don't do that. If I want to collect a stormcast like army I would collect chaos or well stormcast. Death should be different spooky things and all. Also the reforging process is already messed up with their own flaws coming in via stormhost according to guy haley.  The shadespire releases and the new hero model I feel shows they are not going that route. 

Same here. I hope they don’t, while I fear they will....

1 hour ago, Swooper said:

That's probably just a countdown to the next teaser.

2 real

EDIT:

My hope for this release: New Death releases get integrated with existing stuff like with Tzeentch and Khorne before them. Battletome covers all the death stuff to a degree, even if the new models form their own subfactions. New stuff and old stuff play well together.

My fear for this release: New Death stuff is completely standalone and doesn't synergize at all with the existing Death line (like with Kharadrons with respect to Dispossessed). 

Edited by swarmofseals

1 hour ago, swarmofseals said:

2 real

EDIT:

My hope for this release: New Death releases get integrated with existing stuff like with Tzeentch and Khorne before them. Battletome covers all the death stuff to a degree, even if the new models form their own subfactions. New stuff and old stuff play well together.

My fear for this release: New Death stuff is completely standalone and doesn't synergize at all with the existing Death line (like with Kharadrons with respect to Dispossessed). 

Honestly I think that's almost exactly how it's going to go if there are new death factions like KO.  Really looking for a "if bretonna were all skeletons" kind of thing with pikemen, bows, trebuchets, a royal court of wraith  knights, etc...  But if they have something wild like they did on the KO concept I await it with great anticipation.

Edited by Mikester1487

8 hours ago, Siegfried VII said:

I believe this will be a campaign, like the 40k one we had in the summer...

Fairly sure you're right, we had Season of War the year before (started July, but there was build up to it).  I've a feeling this one will have a heavier narrative element in the same way the Albion campaign had.  I just hope they make it easier submit results than they did with 40k.

• Like 1