The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

noticed that WHTV today just says Ben Johnson is talking about AoS. Very vague, hopefully we will get some new info on the direction next year

As much as I would love to hear something new, this is too early. Looking at previous year, we can expect something more solid with this years' summary, in between Xmas and new year. If they will drop anything today I will be very happy bunny though :)

Edited by Malin

1 hour ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Anyone see the new Black Library article on the community site? 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/12/06/coming-black-library-near/

Mentions how in the new Undying King novel for Nagash, Nurgle is launching an assault of Shyish, and how it's people are looking for the return of their king.

Technically not new, as it was released as a Warhammer World exclusive last year.  But now people can actually buy a copy! 

Anyway, the book takes place in the Age of Myth, not long after Nagash got his face pushed in by Archaon, the first time.  Just thought I'd mention that. 

• Like 1

I found this interesting for placing where we are in the timeline now.  From the God's Gift short story:

I do not dream. Sometimes I think it another mortal impurity beaten out of me on the Anvil of Apotheosis, but I know others who speak of their dreams and it is true that I used to dream. It was not so very long ago that I would close my eyes in dread of reprising my dying moments under the claws of the Abyssal, Ashigorath, another night. Though I must remind myself that it has been a hundred years since the Realmgate Wars raged over Ghur.

David Guymer. Gods' Gift

Nice to see some substantiated rumors for Nurgle, even though they're exactly what's been guessed at for a looong time.  Nice to see that Horty is in the 40k Daemons book, which means he'll probably be getting a standalone release outside of Blightwar soon. I ended up getting the Start Collecting Nurgle the other day instead of Blightwar because 1.) Mostly importantly it was in stock any my local shop and Blightwar wasn't and 2.) I'm in no hurry to build out my Stormcast(they're a small force of occasionaly Dwarf allies right now), so it'll be nice to pick up Horty stand alone in the near future. Right now my Nurgle Daemon stuff is an addon to my Death Guard, but I'll probably quickly expand out the Daemons and AoS mortals soon if the Nurgle Battletome comes to fruition.