The Rumour Thread

I'm not worried about the Era of the Beast. The "Malerion's corollary"* stills true, then we can expect more than a year of this plot before we go to the next cliffhanger.

*Malerion's corollary says that every time a rumour says something about Malerion, all the content of that rumour is fake

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Getting "tired" of these?

Just to check if it's not my own bias, it looks like the last "Probably AoS" rumor engine was the whip from the end of December. Before that we had the two rumor engines for the now revealed Fyreslayer/Deepkin heroes right before December, and before that...there was the maybe skaven one from early November. So it's been a bit of dry spell in AoS for ye old rumor engines. Last time we got a bunch of AoS REs in a row was September, looks like.

Not a big deal, all things considered, but not even getting Rumor Engines when it's looking like no announcements and no AoS news until LVO, there's a bit of salt there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hey, but aren't you all excited that 40K is putting their dedicated ressources into rehashing the same old designs they've been putting out for well over a decade now? 

Sorry, I saw the 'new' Dark Reapers for (A)Eldar(i) yesterday and was really bored and disappointed. But I see that now they are really stepping it up with the creativity by rumour-engining flipping Imperial beach buggies with all new and thrilling ... tires. So that we all know that the drought in AOS is at least worth it for our dear big brother wargame system. 

1 minute ago, Maogrim said:

Hey, but aren't you all excited that 40K is putting their dedicated ressources into rehashing the same old designs they've been putting out for well over a decade now? 

Sorry, I saw the 'new' Dark Reapers for (A)Eldar(i) yesterday and was really bored and disappointed. But I see that now they are really stepping it up with the creativity by rumour-engining flipping Imperial beach buggies with all new and thrilling ... tires. So that we all know that the drought in AOS is at least worth it for our dear big brother wargame system. 

I was a lot less excited about the new Eldar before I realized you can paint them like Dragonball Z characters:

tir1fe3uej981.png

DBZ Cell colour theme for the new Eldar

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • LOVE IT! 5

4 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Honestly this. If there was a 40K army I thought I'd be into, it was Eldar with updated models. So far, with a few exceptions (The sniper bikes are silly but look cool) the much anticipated Eldar overhaul people have been waiting 10-15 years for...is just so dull to me. The new plastic models are a bit crisper in their details, the posing is slightly more varied, they have more bare heads, but other than that they seem barely distinguishable from the old ones.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, madmac said:

Honestly this. If there was a 40K army I thought I'd be into, it was Eldar with updated models. So far, with a few exceptions (The sniper bikes are silly but look cool) the much anticipated Eldar overhaul people have been waiting 10-15 years for...is just so dull to me. The new plastic models are a bit crisper in their details, the posing is slightly more varied, they have more bare heads, but other than that they seem barely distinguishable from the old ones.

Its tastes,for many people as me and entire my group we would prefer these updates as eldars got that full revamp with weird new design.

As example a full revamped high elf as did eldars with almost no change before that actual revamp that was lumineths.

As i said are tastes and every eldar player of my city is happier with his new finecast models done in plastic before some new revamped dark reapers etc

On 1/15/2022 at 6:13 PM, Austin said:

There is no inherent value or respect due to someone just because they made something.  Sure, there are lines of basic decorum that should be observed- but the comments here don't even come close.

GW is a business.  They have no personal relationship with us, our personal value is not based on their games. When a business makes a bad product, clamping down on criticism makes no sense outside of official channels. But maybe more importantly, without (perhaps strong) criticism what will change? GW clearly is pleased with the direction (this isn't the first or even the second time) for designers. Why shield them from consequences?

If you have a job where your product goes out and faces any number of people, particularly when the product costs LOTS of money, expect strong feelings. Do better, instead of being told you win a juicebox just for showing up.

Designers ever so often have to play by the rules the company (meaning their higher-ups) make.

Criticize GW all you want, the company is faceless, so to speak. But bin guy aims at specific persons, who might not have had a say (or the final word) about the release & the rules.

That‘s the difference between valid criticism and picking on someone. 

28 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I was a lot less excited about the new Eldar before I realized you can paint them like Dragonball Z characters:

tir1fe3uej981.png

DBZ Cell colour theme for the new Eldar

I AM SO SOLD!

Make a whole Frieza force themed army. There are some variations in the colour of the Frieza force armour to help distinguish units or ranks. King Cold as the Avatar of Khaine. Paint an elite unit with the Ginyu logo. I don't know Eldar well enough but their strongest hero as Frieza! This is such a cool theme.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

I'm on both sides there. 

I love alarith (my favourite temple) and the crazy zoo we already have and hope it gets even weirder (still wanting my hippo), but eldars have a definited and strong aesthetic that is iconic in GW's ecosystem. You don't need to change what is working well and they are revamping eldars, not making a full new range like with Lumineth.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I hate to be negative but that RE got to me for some reason. Sorry folks!!

I understand it, I think that for me personally the negativity is less about 40k vs AOS more Imperium vs everything else at GW combined. Not to say that this wheel is one hundred percent something from the imperium but it is just astonishing how predictable and uninteresting so much of their releases have been. New hero with power armour and new weapon load out. Even on the chaos side of things they still focus on Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Knights, give us more cultists, mutants and demons! So even though I have never liked the Space Elf concept I am excited every monday to see the new Eldar Models... now triple excited as I imagine building them as a Frieza Force themed army.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm excited for Eldar players who has waited for 10+ years for new models. Their designs are so established now you can't really do much than to update the range with its aesthetics intact... And Eldar players definitely deserve the attention. I also enjoy their practical and sleek design (especially the rangers and their jetbikes).

That buggy is most likely a GSC unit and, to us, the prospect of more options for our atalan crews is quite exciting too. I barely bother to keep up with the rules any more, I just love the space horror Firefly/Killjoy/Total Recall vibe I get from the GSC for hobbying reasons.

• Like 2