The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, Feorag said:

I honestly think objective degrading with wound brackets would help immensely and probably fix a big part of the problem.

Having a mega close to death counting as a full strength reinforced unit is a bit much.

it could also be added rather elegantly in the degrading profile

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The inclusion of the three most likely nerfs Mega-Gargants could get, along with the non-committal "might get some of them or all of them" kind of makes me doubt this rumour comes from a place of genuine insider knowledge, to be honest. It's kind of impossible to falsify, unless Mega-Gargants get no nerfs at all.

To be honest Megas have become a gateway keeper like Sentinels in that to go 5-0 in a tournament you probably need an answer to them, so that they get a nerf in some way seems plausible. But as you say the rumour is very vague.

44 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

If it is all three it looks like a big hit with the nerf hammer. Gargants are big divider into thoose that can deal with them and thoose that can't, but of the three things mentioned the last one seems like the best fix to making garagants more fun to play against.

It makes gargants weaker yeah, but you're even less incentivized against fighting because of the risk of losing objective control.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Warfiend said:

Disease points seem like a lot of hassle. Weird choice of game mechanic.

Not really? Leave a d6 at the side of enemy unit and use that to count. If you reach 7 you can use something else but Im not so sure how common getting to 7 is going to be.

Frankly I loved it. Its really translates to game well the idea of getting sicker as you fight nurgle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Not really? Leave a d6 at the side of enemy unit and use that to count. If you reach 7 you can use something else but Im not so sure how common getting to 7 is going to be.

Frankly I loved it. Its really translates to game well the idea of getting sicker as you fight nurgle

Yeah leave a d6 along side it in addition to the wound counter and all spell effect counters, surely won’t be messy This is just bad game design. 

Edited by Warfiend
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Warfiend said:

Yeah leave a d6 along side it in addition to the wound counter and all spell effect counters, surely won’t be messy This is just bad game design. 

Unless your dice are literally the same ones as your opponent's I really dont see the problem. It might just be me being used to it because of having to track counters with dice on Magic the Gathering but I really fail to see how this is such a bad or hard thing to track

I also find it very tiresome, you have to be cheking each unit if it is in range of disease and adjusting the dice, four times each round, and also counting each unit´s disease dice to throw that many dice each battleshock (twice each round) and also reseting each dice another two times per round.

Taking into account that you will have easily at least six units into combat you will have to be keeping check of the disease dices 24 times per turn (48 per round)...

Overcomplicated design in my opinion.

Edit: not taking into account the 6s to hit and other effects lol

Edited by Jymmy
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

I may be missing something but I don't see how a unit can have more than 3 disease points. It gets reduced to 1 after battlshock and can have a max of 2 added next turn (1 after movement, 2 after fighting).

UvoUA36NaWyfqxkB.jpg

There will probably be also items, spells and abilities that add disease points

• Like 2

I think that the disease mechanic is really quite cool. I see why people think it will be a pain as all book keeping rules tend to be a pain especially having to keep track of it alongside corruption points. But it is thematic and probably has some really cool effects not listed so far. I can see buffs for disease spreading and nerfs for diseased units being a really fun element of playing the army. I am curious if Clan Pestilens will have the same rule(s)?

• Like 10

It is a lot of book keeping but I think a lot of people are making it harder then it seems.

Movement phase - Anything in combat? Yes. Disease counter.

Combat phase - Anything still engaged? Yes. Disease counter.

Roll in Battleshock phase. Rinse repeat.

EDIT: The fact that they "keyworded" the damage roll, disease roll, makes me think they'll have things that interact with it.

Edited by Horizons
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think that the disease mechanic is really quite cool. I see why people think it will be a pain as all book keeping rules tend to be a pain especially having to keep track of it alongside corruption points. But it is thematic and probably has some really cool effects not listed so far. I can see buffs for disease spreading and nerfs for diseased units being a really fun element of playing the army. I am curious if Clan Pestilens will have the same rule(s)?

Flavour wise, disease points are a hit. Even getting close to Nurgle troops is dangerous, but the effect will only manifest itself after an incubation periode. No complaints on that front, that seems exactly like what diseases are supposed to be like.

Mechanically, I will personally have to see how it shakes out. It seems like a lot of book keeping for what is essentially a worse "deal mortal wounds on 6s" (although I suppose you do get them for just being close to the opponent, as well).

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Horizons said:

It is a lot of book keeping but I think a lot of people are making it harder then it seems.

Movement phase - Anything in combat? Yes. Disease counter.

Combat phase - Anything still engaged? Yes. Disease counter.

Roll in Battleshock phase. Rinse repeat.

Shooting phase - any 6s to hit? Disease counter

Combat phase - any 6s to hit? Disease counter

Roll in Battleshock phase, for each unit. How many on this unit? And on that unit? Is that the wounds counter or the disease counter?

I mean, it's not hard but it's still a lot of book keeping

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 1

Interestingly, Diseased Weapons are "Maggotkin of Nurgle", which may mean they go the way of Slaanesh and have very few synergies with Slaves to Darkness Nurgle models. Both a blessing and a curse; sucks for those who like the extra S2D units to feel integrated, probably good for balance in the long run.

• Like 1