The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Fuchur said:

According to the latest rumours OBR should be the next AoS release, right? So my fingers are crossed for a Bonedragon Romour Engine within the next few weeks.

I think that part of the rumors is false ( along with probably most of it beside the next boxset) since it look increasingly likely that the January release is Eldar now.

I am even guessing the next AoS release is just the Fyreslayer vs Deepkin box and that April was a lie.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think that part of the rumors is false ( along with probably most of it beside the next boxset) since it look increasingly likely that the January release is Eldar now.

I am even guessing the next AoS release is just the Fyreslayer vs Deepkin box and that April was a lie.

Sadly yeah. I was hoping we'd get the Jan/Feb big release slot next year, but it looks like AoS is still going to be slumbertown for the forseeable future.

45 minutes ago, novakai said:

January for 40k should be Tau

11 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Tbh: I‘d like a big balance pass with The December FAQ and then I‘ll be fine for a few months with painting and playing :)

To be honest, if the winter balance pass is good (as in, actually adresses some pain points like coherency and save stacking) then letting the meta mature for a bit would probably not be the worst thing in the world. It's not like no releases are planned for AoS. They are  just delayed. If we come out of this with a 3rd edition that last a bit longer and we all get to use our core rule books and battletomes for an extra year or so, that's honestly not so bad.

Plus, there's always warcry and underworlds minis to get excited about.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Hopefully with the Eldar Christmas reveal we at least get a sense of the future for AOS because at the moment we just have Nurgle and that will be up for Pre Order next. 

We need more Era of the Beaaaast!! Malerion and Ulgu can wait till 4th Edition.

Yeah this is the main thing for me. It's not that I need new models right this second, I just want news. I want to have even the vaguest idea of what is coming out for AoS in 2022 and so far we've got 12 heaping helpings of nada.

• Like 3

Just now, madmac said:

Yeah this is the main thing for me. It's not that I need new models right this second, I just want news. I want to have even the vaguest idea of what is coming out for AoS in 2022 and so far we've got 12 heaping helpings of nada.

There is surely going to be a christmas/new years preview again, though, and that will definitely include some AoS news, as well.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, novakai said:

Guessing they will just reveal the Boxset for AoS in Christmas Day like they did with Aether war two years ago with maybe the battletome cover for one or both of the armies in the boxset

Will they though? I'm not trying to be cynical here, but I don't remember any 40k announcements or previews for Christmas Day when they announced Aether War, or Gloomspite Gits.

This Advent seems to be clearly leading up to an announcement of some kind of Eldar Box, maybe an Eldar vs X faction box, I don't really see them squeezing in a random AoS teaser at the same time.

16 minutes ago, madmac said:

Will they though? I'm not trying to be cynical here, but I don't remember any 40k announcements or previews for Christmas Day when they announced Aether War, or Gloomspite Gits.

This Advent seems to be clearly leading up to an announcement of some kind of Eldar Box, maybe an Eldar vs X faction box, I don't really see them squeezing in a random AoS teaser at the same time.

There's talk of a Eldar vs Chaos space marines box coming soonTM. So yeah, you might be into something

57 minutes ago, madmac said:

I remember that they reveal Lazarus for the dark angel and a new PA book at the same time as Aether Wars. 

for Gitz they had reveal Harkon Worldender and the new Primaris Matheus Calgar prior to the gitz reveal

last year it was revealing the remaining hedonites units and The new hexspear model for dark eldar

source, I went and search Warcom history

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Overread said:

Surely they'd be allowed to have a store copy for display purposes and just blank out the code. I'm guessing they aren't allowed to open just any codex/battletome, but a sacrificial one to show off isn't out of the question. Then again it might depend on footfall in the store. I'm sure they'll have some codex/battletomes to hand (even their own ones) to give people an idea what's inside. 

Sorry for the late reply, I know this isn't rumors so I'll leave it after this: it might be different in other Warhammer stores but I asked that exact question to both store managers and they both said that still wasn't allowed. One said he'd have to buy them himself if he wanted a display version.

As for the engine: I laughed out loud at today's pic being the most Eldar thing I've ever seen 😂 While it's hilarious they're not even hiding it on day three, I'm very happy for Eldar players.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

As for the engine: I laughed out loud at today's pic being the most Eldar thing I've ever seen 😂 While it's hilarious they're not even hiding it on day three, I'm very happy for Eldar players.

You'll laugh a lot less when theses RE end up being Squats 😄

This Christmas calendar is fun and all and I'm happy aswell for Craftworlders(maybe Ynnaris?) and this release is a long overdue. But if it's all Eldar rumor engine I'll be a "little" disapointed...especially for AoS.

• Like 3

I think I could be satisfied with just a real good winter FAQ as well. 

As for rumors the fyreslayers V idoneth thing is basically confirmed right? So does that mean we're expecting them to get book updates shortly after (for the new characters they'll each get) and if so is the release window for books (order-destruction-chaos-order-order)? I know death just got gravelords technically but that still feels bad for the nighthaunt.

11 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Are there any rumors as to when the balance update is coming? I know GW said december but now that december is here I find myself checking the community site every hour 😂

December just started lol

i am guessing it’s going to happen before the holiday start 

16 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I think I could be satisfied with just a real good winter FAQ as well. 

As for rumors the fyreslayers V idoneth thing is basically confirmed right? So does that mean we're expecting them to get book updates shortly after (for the new characters they'll each get) and if so is the release window for books (order-destruction-chaos-order-order)? I know death just got gravelords technically but that still feels bad for the nighthaunt.

Well considering that there is a lot more order armies in AoS they are bound to appear more frequently in the release schedule then the other GA. Probably why this boxset is Order vs Order so they can get some of them out now.

I do think there a death release comming soonish just judging that a good amount of rumor engines that look undead

1 minute ago, Ganigumo said:

its gonna be a long month until they drop that update

I mean there been rumors/leaks of what the balance patch contains so it probably to be within the next week or two.

kragnos getting a ward and Mightier makes rightier

Foxes loosing their movement ability in the other shooting phase 

and pinks going up

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Are there any rumors as to when the balance update is coming? I know GW said december but now that december is here I find myself checking the community site every hour 😂

All I know is that I attended the U.S. Open in Austin, TX a couple weeks ago. GW made announcements for the finals that happen this weekend and for 40k they are using some missions from next year's GT mission pack (they actually made a post today mentioning that on WarComm) however they said they would have liked to have done the same for AoS but they are still working on finalizing things. I realize that is more for GHB 2022 but they kind of indicated they were behind on some AoS stuff as a whole, although that is my personal read on things and not something they said specifically. So while I still expect an FAQ this month I also wouldn't be shocked if it got pushed back to Jan.

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Hopefully with the Eldar Christmas reveal we at least get a sense of the future for AOS because at the moment we just have Nurgle and that will be up for Pre Order next. 

We need more Era of the Beaaaast!! Malerion and Ulgu can wait till 4th Edition.

warhammer underworlds and WD articles are already Ulgu themed aren't they?  but might be just "a vanguard".