The Rumour Thread

I like the new dark Oath hero. It also now means I can play warhammer quest silver tower with an all female crew of naeve and angharad subbing in for the questors, plus this new model and the mistweaver saih. Just need a female excelsior  warpriest now

the new logo is worse than the current one so I have zero hype for it

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, flamingwalnut said:

How long does Blood and Glory last? If it is all weekend, this could just be the tip lf the iceberg.

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that friday night was for reveals the remaining weekend is for gaming and designtalking.

Edited by Greasygeek

4 minutes ago, Pariah-Miniatures said:

GW not long ago said they would be introducing more women and in better roles to their games. And yet she wears a metal bikini, #equality LOL

So where is the complaint about the only other model released in her army? You know, the guy wearing basically the exact same thing?

The model isn't sexualized when you look toward details. The plate "bikini" at most could be called a plate sports bra, and the lack of full body armor is mirrod on the chieftain.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chord said:

Dark Times? I hope it's not a return to the grim dark.  That would be dumb

Well considering they have said Death is rearing it's head(Malign Portents) I can see why  they would say that. GW said they wanted death be more "grim" compared to WHFB(in an interview talking about the designs of the mortarch's and nagash for AOS) I mean take a look at Neferata, Arkhan and Mannfred in a campaign book. I would not want to mess with any of them. When they describe what nagash does to people that break his orders it's pretty horrific to say the least. 

AX8rFka.png

Edited by shinros

The positive: at first I disliked the new model, but after I gave it some thought I warmed to it considerably. My initial reaction was more of the "ugh, plate bikini" variety. Then I considered that the model has a bunch of positive qualities. She's strong and neither her body or her pose is overly sexualized. There's no gratuitous cleavage or hip cocking etc. She has the build of a seriously athletic lady. Given the overall look of marauders she fits right in.

The negative: the lack of content is ridiculous. Dating back to the Spring it seems like basically every time some new info has been hyped it's completely disappointed. We don't have even a sniff of the new Aelves that were supposed to have been teased months ago. Those rumors then gave way to new Death and Nurgle which have also failed to materialize. We've got some *very* minor teasing there but nothing real. This is getting really frustrating, and eventually it's going to start damaging the reputations of the people that have been hyping up these nothingburger press releases.

The speculation: I'm starting to wonder if GW was actually planning to give out more information on several of these occasions but has had to pull back because of production problems. A few pages back wasn't there that letter discussing how production is pushed to the limit right now and therefore large kits are not getting restocked? If GW is having problems stocking their current line then it would be understandable that they would be having real problems launching new releases. Is it possible that GW tends to announce new products VERY close to actual release time simply because they aren't able to accurately predict when stock will be ready? Might they be delaying teasing new stuff for AOS because they simply aren't confident that they can hit a target more than a week or two out?

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I dunno, the new model's not perfect but it's perfectly in line with the marauder/Slaves to Darkness aesthetic. I'd rather have this than a female chaos lord whose armour was so massive and thick you couldn't tell if it was a man, woman or daemon underneath it all!

Plus... it's nice to see a model that's (more or less) just human. Feels crazy that chaos is our only source of regular humans whilst order gets nothing but armoured giants these days xD

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

The positive: at first I disliked the new model, but after I gave it some thought I warmed to it considerably. My initial reaction was more of the "ugh, plate bikini" variety. Then I considered that the model has a bunch of positive qualities. She's strong and neither her body or her pose is overly sexualized. There's no gratuitous cleavage or hip cocking etc. She has the build of a seriously athletic lady. Given the overall look of marauders she fits right in.

The negative: the lack of content is ridiculous. Dating back to the Spring it seems like basically every time some new info has been hyped it's completely disappointed. We don't have even a sniff of the new Aelves that were supposed to have been teased months ago. Those rumors then gave way to new Death and Nurgle which have also failed to materialize. We've got some *very* minor teasing there but nothing real. This is getting really frustrating, and eventually it's going to start damaging the reputations of the people that have been hyping up these nothingburger press releases.

The speculation: I'm starting to wonder if GW was actually planning to give out more information on several of these occasions but has had to pull back because of production problems. A few pages back wasn't there that letter discussing how production is pushed to the limit right now and therefore large kits are not getting restocked? If GW is having problems stocking their current line then it would be understandable that they would be having real problems launching new releases. Is it possible that GW tends to announce new products VERY close to actual release time simply because they aren't able to accurately predict when stock will be ready? Might they be delaying teasing new stuff for AOS because they simply aren't confident that they can hit a target more than a week or two out?

It has been a pretty weird year after the KO teaser trailer. That was so awesome, and it’s been downhill since, both for AoS and 40k, in terms of reasonable spoilers or teasers. Kinda sucks the life out of hype. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

It has been a pretty weird year after the KO teaser trailer. That was so awesome, and it’s been downhill since, both for AoS and 40k, in terms of reasonable spoilers or teasers. Kinda sucks the life out of hype. 

To be fair they did hype up Shadespire well in advance - and since we haven't seen a release since K.O, bar the second handbook (I think?) Iso  get why they haven't - there was nothing coming soon to show.

Do agree showing a little more (even narrative hints if they weren't prepared to show far-off miniatures) would have been good though, 40k needed support but arguably it's new edition came at a bad time for AOS. 

Edited by Mirbeau

Got to say that I was really let down by this announcement. Since kharadron we've had NOTHING to stand on. They're being overly secretive and that is genuinely hurting their brand. Like I can understand the logic behind not revealing their entire next year schedule sure (if people know what's coming, they'll ignore certain releases over some of the later ones) but I know that they already have some cool new army waiting for release, I know it takes them years to develop these armies and the next batch should be right around the corner, yet they can't reveal it now because... hype? Too long hype period kills the excitement and gw needs to keep its releases constant and flowing.

With that said, I am intrigued by the new logo. Mainly because it might mean that we're getting age of sigmar 2nd edition and I'm very excited by that. AoS is great game, but the over simplicity of some rules kinda hurts it (it also makes the game unappealing to some people, as they believe game is some silly joke, I know I used to think that when I saw them first time). 2nd edition would also likely mean that they would finally look at some of the outdated, poorly worded warscrolls and update them (it's quite frustrating how so many recent rule changes are only in some lousy faq instead on the warscrolls in the app).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caladancid said:

Jeah I am starting to feel the same way. I have the strong feeling GW is going back to their old ways and trying to hide something. I did like the new transparency  and communication with the players. But especially the AoS releases since Kharadron Overlords were underwelming. I found many changes with the GHB2017 not that well thought-through. I liked the Firestorm releases from a narrative perspective. But most of the new model releases were also often combined sets with old models. For me this seems like the old models didn't sell so well and they wanted to make them more attractive by selling the old models together with new model releases (Blightwar for example).

I hope my feeling is wrong and they pull out something special and exciting. I came back to AoS because I was hyped about all the changes. But at the moment the releases lower my excitement more and more. 

Sorry if I sound too negative. I still like AoS very much and I love this game. But i also have some fears. I have seen many games getting hyped and burning down very fast. And i hope this doesn't happen with AoS, because this was the first Tabletop game system that I really enjoyed playing. :-)

Edited by Infeston

Recent GW female minis have them dressing appropriately by class not gender. Think about the two female Stormcasts...fully armoured. Or the Mist Weaver in Silver Tower. All dressed logically.

This Darkoath Warqueen is also dressed according to her class and not by gender. Very barbarian/sword & sorcery. If not a breastplate...would folks rather she be topless like the chieftain and all the other marauders?

GW is going in the right direction with their female models. They are dressed equal to their male counterparts and none are posed sexually.

The "chain mail bikini" comments are people looking for offense when there is none.

Edit: I like the current logo fine, not sure why we need a change there. Regarding other news... I'm still hyped with all the AoS minis I still need to paint...and now adding Shadespire...so I'm ok without more large scale purchases in the near future. New factions will come...in the meantime...save a little dosh or use the money to treat the significant other/family/friends.

Edited by Mr. White
  • Like 18

This is sounding less like a rumour thread and more like a "Gripe and get offended endlessly about minuscule things for no reason" thread.

I can understand not liking a model, wanting more info, or just being disappointed but to the extent of some people in this thread, it just seems a bit silly honestly. 

Edited by The Door Master
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7

I mean, death is grim and dark by nature. I suspect Portents will mainly involve Nagash taking back Shyish (which currently is still controlled by Chaos afaik after Nagash promised to help the Stormcast take back the Allgate, and then didn't show up). He might invade other realms like Aqshy and Chamon, but I wager that would end with mixed success at best. Losing Shyish does put Chaos on the back foot though, it leaves them with control of only Chamon, while Order still holds Aqshy and Ghyran.

I gotta say I think recent times on the AOS rumors front has lead to a lot of dissapointments but to be fair I also think that many of us (including myself) often create the hype supported by our own rumors and speculations but based on nothing but wishfull thoughts. GW gave us the Mistweaver and rumors by fans about Slaanesh/chutulu Aelves was formed. Since then every piece of possible evidence to prove their coming has turned out to be nowhere related.

Same goes for Nurgle (my personal dissapointment): the lack of content in the GHB 2  and the past of Tzaanuary lead us to believe that Blightwar was merly the start of a Nurgle release. It makes sense that new models and rules are coming beside the Blightwar box but NOTHING even remotely solid has backed this up 

Deathrattle being in the same boat as nurgle.

Maybe it's just time for us to slow the hype train down a bit and look at the content we're given instead of those we hope to get.

However I also think that GW should really reconsider their sales strategy. The constant flow of rumor pics that keeps us in the dark for so long that when they do reveal one of them it has  been long forgotten. Also the fact that AOS feels like it was more or less dropped the moment new 40k released. To me it is way too obvious that 40K is there main product  and thats not a way to keep me interested in playing AOS. We have got a ton of repacks but it is starting to look more like a way to resell old models creatively than an intend on supporting the AOS universe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GammaMage said:

I mean, death is grim and dark by nature. I suspect Portents will mainly involve Nagash taking back Shyish (which currently is still controlled by Chaos afaik after Nagash promised to help the Stormcast take back the Allgate, and then didn't show up). He might invade other realms like Aqshy and Chamon, but I wager that would end with mixed success at best. Losing Shyish does put Chaos on the back foot though, it leaves them with control of only Chamon, while Order still holds Aqshy and Ghyran.

That's the plot for the Soul Wars BL book form Josh Reynolds, out June 2018 (I mean Nagash retaking Shyish).