The Rumour Thread

17 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Theres a chance!! But if they were to get more it would only be 1 of them getting more love. I'd love Idoneth to get more Sea Beasts but I'd also love the Fyreslayers to get some love as well!!

I'm torn between an Aelf and a Bearded place.

The 40k Shadowspear battlebox featured all new models for each side, but that's currently the exception - the current trend definitely looks like single heroes in the battleboxes, with potentially a larger release a few months down the line

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

I get that product recalls are important, but I also found it amusing, given that the probably should have expected squigs to prove dangerous. If its the pom poms though, then surely its just as easy to remove the pom poms and render it safe, as it is to destroy its tail and render it unusable? I feel like warhammer fans are all pretty handy with craft tools, and could do that? Seems very wasteful to just dispose of an entire run of toys. They really should have designed it better in the first place, especially as most people I've seen taljung about it would have preferred a non christmas themed squig to start with!

It's covering themselves legally. They have said there is a potential hazard and not only given instruction to destroy but also information on how to destroy the item. 

If someone chooses to ignore the recall and sigmar forbid the worse happens, GW and the company who made the toy will be legally covered. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

It's covering themselves legally. They have said there is a potential hazard and not only given instruction to destroy but also information on how to destroy the item. 

If someone chooses to ignore the recall and sigmar forbid the worse happens, GW and the company who made the toy will be legally covered. 

Yeah, this was written by a crack team of lawyers. 

It doesn't eliminate legal liability for injuries caused. You can't put out a defective product and then immunize yourself from liability simply by issuing a recall. That's not why companies do recalls. Companies do recalls to try to limit the extent of the damage by making customers aware before injuries happen so they can avoid them, to comply with recall laws, to force resellers to stop selling the product, and/or to lower the possibility of being hit with punitive damages for having knowingly disregarded a safety risk. In some cases if you can specifically show that someone was aware of the recall and chose to disregard it it may limit or in extreme circumstances even eliminate the company's responsibility, but that's typically difficult to do unless the company goes to the trouble of hiring someone to make actual physical contact with every purchaser, which companies don't usually do unless the defect is really extreme and super dangerous. It's especially unlikely to be effective with injuries to children, since children can't knowingly disregard a risk, and judges and juries are typically very reluctant to let an adult guardian's knowledge of a risk prevent a child from recovering for injuries caused by a defective product. 

Edited by yukishiro1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kronos said:

Never seen a recall for either Skaven warrior spears, night goblin spears, or other general spikes that have been embedded into my thumb… 

I have a vague memory of GW doing a limited recall or warning or something for the 40k killa kans because the armour spikes were unusually sharp. I think this was when they were still feeling out the use of CAD sculpting for plastic minis and they really were both surprisingly sturdy and lethally sharp.

• Like 1

As it happens most if not all GW kits do have a warning on the packaging for small components and sharp points, I believe that's also the reason for the 12+ age recommended age restriction on the kits?  So I'm afraid you may be out of luck in claiming damages for your spear-magnet thumb!

12 minutes ago, willange said:

Do we have any actual evidence or indications of more to come for Nurgle?  I got the impression the sorcerer was it.

Miniature wise it’s just the new sorcerer but from what I’ve been hearing the army has been tweaked and sounds cool. Be interesting how it will fit into the meta at a tournament level but from a narrative point of view it sounds cool. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Back to rumours folks. Pretty sure there’s some more Maggotkin stuff not mentioned yet. 😉

Anything to share that hasn't already been discussed here? This is pretty much my only source of news, I didn't know there was something that hasn't been mentioned.

• Like 1

Falling back to the theme of 4chan "leaks" I found one that sounded plausible.
Here is a snippet of it to focus a bit:

>Idoneth vs Fyreslayers box in April (planned)
>Idoneth get a "champion" she is infantry, has a shield, and dual falchions
>Fyreslayers get a "thane-temple guard" Priest Hero with a magmapike

>Idoneth book afterwards, Tide rules are gone because they're too rigid; replaced with new "Flowing" mechanic
>No endless spells or new units beside the above, Lotann gets slight buff but still not worth it

AoS flipping to a dull battletome spam release with minimal models? Sounds likely, 40k from rumours has a big year coming.
Idoneth get no endless spells (despite DoK getting them) and just a single, crabless mini? I can see that.
Lotann still bad? Above all, this specific nugget is the most likeliest of all things that makes me want to believe it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Indecisive said:

AoS flipping to a dull battletome spam release with minimal models? Sounds likely, 40k from rumours has a big year coming.
Idoneth get no endless spells (despite DoK getting them) and just a single, crabless mini? I can see that.
Lotann still bad? Above all, this specific nugget is the most likeliest of all things that makes me want to believe it.

Does this mean the dwarf soup and elf soup rumors can be put to rest? At least for this edition. 

Fyreslayers have so few kits right now I am suprised they are not getting souped tbh. 

• Like 2

If this turns to be true, it would be quite sad, these two armies have so much potential. GW not wanting to do more than - only two new models in a limited dual box lol -  would be such a creative waste. 

This sounds real, but if true I'm out of aos for a bit.