The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/06/blood-glory-in-the-uk-gaming-seminars-previews-and-more-oct-6gw-homepage-post-3/

Friday evening sees ‘The Pete and Andy Show’, as it has become known! Pete Foley and Andy Smillie get together to talk about the news and new releases from the studio over the next few months. Previously in this kind of seminar, we saw a preview of Shadespire a good 7 or 8 months prior to release, a new edition of Warhammer 40,000 was revealed and, most recently, at the Nova Open they showed off models and information about next year’s Warhammer Age of Sigmar releases – so this is certainly not one to be missed. "

Those announcements were a huge thing. They're setting the bar for themselves high on this one!

5 minutes ago, Bjarni St. said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

New female hero! Steps forw... nope, literally a plate bikini and a four-horned "viking" helmet.

Sorry I skipped the lede for AoS: Redesigned logo.

A little underwhelming.

I like it. At least it's not two armoured lumps, and it fits with the style of the darkoath chieftain

• Like 4

Waiting for some feedback and comments directly from attendees.

So far model is just ok, even as a long term Chaos player I do not feel urge to go and grab this one.

Rest of AoS announcements, so, wait this 15 seconds long movie with new logo is just:

- too cryptic,

- current logo is 2 years old, we need to change it as it is outdated ? or what?

- showing it or not doesn't make the difference,

More info is included in all the text around it, my guess "Return of Nagash" is happening, again!

For all the hype built and all the wait, sorry but that doesn't impress me much.

I still have some hope, that we will get something more from the attendees and will be glad to change my opinion afterward.

And most important question, where is something new for Nurgle?!

• Like 2

That AoS got me, nothing says hype like the alteration of black to blue. 

Saying that my wild speculation is saying aelfs from the realm of light..blue high elves etc. The other is that Blue is the colour of sigmar, well his first stormhost. So could be maybe something Sigmar/stormcast related, I must say my biggest gripe to date with GW is to call the new system Age of Sigmar, and then not feature said character, I really want a sigmar model. Other than that, I'm totally stumped.

IMG_2378.JPG

Edited by Kronos

Thry darkened the logo, ya know, for dark times ahead! ....eh.

I like the chieftain. I always felt the Maurauders were one step away from their own army. Seems they will be the Chaos portion of Malign Portents, for all that may be worth? Would love a quad army campaign release: a big, juicy campaign book and a battletome for each Alliance. Fits with thr Heralds theme.

• Like 1

Gamesworkshop needs to improve their methods of fanboy seduction. So very much teasing, so little pay out. Maybe I'm just bitter that I won't get a nurgle release by cold and flu season. Maybe something is hidden in the logo video, quick, some one pop that thing in a video editing software and fiddle with the contrast! That can't be all

14 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

So ehm.. Was that what we waited two weeks to find out? A logo change and a Stormcast cheerleader? 

To be fair, she is for Chaos, part of the Marauder redesign that started with the Chieftain in the Silver Tower.

How long does Blood and Glory last? If it is all weekend, this could just be the tip lf the iceberg.

1 minute ago, robotnik_taco said:

Gamesworkshop needs to improve their methods of fanboy seduction. So very much teasing, so little pay out. Maybe I'm just bitter that I won't get a nurgle release by cold and flu season. Maybe something is hidden in the logo video, quick, some one pop that thing in a video editing software and fiddle with the contrast! That can't be all

Im starting to firmly believe that there is no plans for a Nurgle release beside Beasts and maybe the rumored GUO. Thing is that now it is official that the new year will kick off with a daemons of Chaos codex. So that will surely be the place to  release whatever daemons we have in wait. And since nothing about Nurgle is being mentioned, when we even have another faction hinted then it suddenly make sense that this is whats coming for Nurgle. No book, no Rotbringers. Though I am still looking forward to the new beasts. Horticulus needs his  pets...