The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I’m kind of doubtful about a scroll change for Dragons, especially considering how new they are but I think it would be good to see that GW are willing to do this. As the update will be focused on Matched Play, thinking about it, it could happen!

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

It'll be good if they use that opportunity to touch up bad Stormcast warscrolls and not just nerfing a new unit in a book we just bought :/ 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

not salty just confused.

And depending on the situation of the new lumineth book, I might be having the last laugh

who knows what will happen to all those extra cheesy extra rules, on all those s’elfish warscroll, especially if we are looking at sentinels.

Who knows😜🙃

No worries, I was just trying to repay the dozens of times you guys trolled me and/or Aelves. 😅 

Though I'd like to see an AOS version of Tyrion or what they came up with for the River and Zenith temples I do agree: Lumineth are fine for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today's article had a line that gave me hope for more stuff:

"Keep an eye out for real dragons across the rest of this week, including Krondys and Karazai done up all nice by some expert painters, and an investigation into the dragons of Black Library."

that could mean they still have more models to show, hopefully.

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

I'm down for a third Lumineth tome, my skitterish friend. I will love and cherish it and I will take in the salty tears of @MitGas and yourself for delight and sustenance. 😊

Laugh while you can and may you drown in my tears, you disgusting aelf! As soon as they get rid of the ones pushing those annoying aelves, you'll be back to Eldar-level support!  Then new oceans shall be formed and I will be there with you in the darkness and sustain myself on that sweet taste of victory for all of the next 25+ years.

Mod edit - removed content which not appropriate for these for these forums.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Hope gitz get a decent winter update cause if not its gonna be tough trying to be competitive with them over the next year

Who do you guys think are the weakest armies? And what do they need? My gut instinct would be Beasts, Gitz and Slaanesh. I think those three are at a point where they need more than points updates.

Most other armies seem fine in the sense that they are probably OK with just point changes. I would say Fyreslayers and Sylvaneth are probably the weakest Order armies. In Death, Nighthaunt is probablythe weakest.

Nighthaunt and Bonereapers are both kind of interesting, because even though they seem fairly playable, they would definitely appreciate being made properly 3.0 compliant. Especially OBR, whose Relentless Discipline used to be an upside, but is now arguably a downside.

2 hours ago, AaronWilson said:

Think they've done an amazing job on these models, it all looks fantastic. 

Overall it does look great. But I'm not a fan of the hopping frog/toad things.

Also I would have imagined Papa Nurgle's folk to sound a bit more jolly than this, but I guess that wouldn't fit in with the Total War vibe.

57 minutes ago, MitGas said:

And even all that is better than...

++Mod Hat++ 

While you've edited your post now, your previous language was totally unacceptable for TGA, and despite the language change the message in general is not at all what we want to see. 

Transphobic language (or any content in general) is not tolerated. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 18

1 hour ago, Talas said:

Rob from TheHonestWargamer just said in today's stream that Kragnos is gaining a Ward, coming with the winter FAQ/dataslate.

I hope of kragnos is getting this ward they do the same with the two big dragons of sc that are comimg,because after only so much nerf of sc units(even if sc isnt in top 10 in gw data) they have many other bad units and the new twin dragons are a good example,have less damage output than a maw krusha,are named so no relik or nothing and havent special save or nothing so they are easy to kill with mortals and cost 600 when for that stats they must cost the same than maw krusha or even less

Now then, considering the situation has been dealt with, back to rumors.

Ngl I wouldnt be surprised by a new Lumineth book tbh. We are still missing 2 temples and Tyrion (gw better release him as a mini or I'll be on a plane to the uk the next day 🤣)

And besides the lore reasoning, Lumineth seem to be a popular army that sells well. It sells well, people like them, they give painters a lot to work with, they look good for instagram pics, and they do good on competitive games. Ngl if we didnt had Stormcast Eternals I wouldnt be surprised if LRL wouldnt be our poster army, kinda in a similar boat to Sisters of Battle in 40k. Lumineth are just missing the presence on the lore and publications (for now?)

11 minutes ago, Higolx said:

Now then, considering the situation has been dealt with, back to rumors.

Ngl I wouldnt be surprised by a new Lumineth book tbh. We are still missing 2 temples and Tyrion (gw better release him as a mini or I'll be on a plane to the uk the next day 🤣)

And besides the lore reasoning, Lumineth seem to be a popular army that sells well. It sells well, people like them, they give painters a lot to work with, they look good for instagram pics, and they do good on competitive games. Ngl if we didnt had Stormcast Eternals I wouldnt be surprised if LRL wouldnt be our poster army, kinda in a similar boat to Sisters of Battle in 40k. Lumineth are just missing the presence on the lore and publications (for now?)

No offense but only Aelves player would have this hot take and think it’s true.

the problem is that people think that LRL having two release means they are popular but reality was that the two release was just one release split in two because they weren’t sure they where going to sell so they want to milk the player as best as they could. It doesn’t actually mean that the next wave is coming anytime sooner then the next Stormcast release because of how their miniature production works. 

2 hours ago, Higolx said:

Did I just miss them or are there no mortal units for nurgle? Like Im pretty sure Ive only seen demons.

Forsaken and Spawn, but it does look like most of their mortal roster is being saved for DLC.

Notably I don't think any of the factions have any of the End Times (Blight Kings, Wrathmongers, etc) units.

6 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

why print two books for them then? That is a ton of extra logistics for an army they're not sure about. Or does BR Teclis count as the 'second' battletome?

They have done that a lot recently with Slaanesh, GSC, and sister of battle, where they break up a model release and an army get a second half of their release not that long after their first wave. With how GW does mini design process is that they where all made at around the same time. I assume that LRL they got really behind at releasing both sides so it ended up being only 8 months between the two.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

No offense but only Aelves player would have this hot take and think it’s true.

the problem is that people think that LRL having two release means they are popular but reality was that the two release was just one release split in two because they weren’t sure they where going to sell so they want to milk the player as best as they could. It doesn’t actually mean that the next wave is coming anytime sooner then the next Stormcast release because of how their miniature production works. 

I dont think a split release is the reason why they are popular or they sold well. I say they sold well because of the number of people Ive seen buying them, and that includes non LRL players. Ive seen a lot of non LRL and even non AoS players that bought the "bonsai elves" or the "silly hat elves" because they really liked the miniatures. For GW it doesnt matter if you are a LRL player os just someone who bought a pack of wardens or a Light of Eltarion to show it online, a sale is a sale nontheless. 

And dont worry, Im not a "elf player". Heck, I dont even know what player I am tbh or even if I could become a player of anything considering how hard it is to get your hands on warhammer here in South America. I just said what I noticed talking to people online and especially with people that are starting in the hobby, thats all.

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

They have done that a lot recently with Slaanesh, GSC, and sister of battle, where they break up a model release and an army get a second half of their release not that long after their first wave. With how GW does mini design process is that they where all made at around the same time. I assume that LRL they got really behind at releasing both sides so it ended up being only 8 months between the two.

A big point as well is that not only are GW probably holding back some designs until they see what sells (we know they went ham on designing every possible Primaris variant they could come up with before they were released then decided to pace themselves) but the game is miniature designer led. And the designers who worked a lot on the more recent ranges are often still in the studio. This is why Eldar will probably be slow to fully update as the designs are all meshed in 30+ years of design work they have to pay attention to, or why Fyreslayers will get minimal updates because again, it's focusing on a niche aspect of old designs. Stuff like GSC, Ad Mech, Lumineth, OSB and Stormcast are pretty new in terms of miniatures and so there's going to be a lot more people working there wanting to explore them as it's exciting new ground.

High Elves were WHFB's most popular army next to Warriors of Chaos.

People have been clamouring for AoS' equivalent of High Elves from Day 1 and I remember when Idoneth were revealed there was a lot of disappointment they weren't that. 

Lumineth probably had two waves so close to one another because GW anticipated they'd be popular, much like how Space Marines rarely go long at all without another wave of power armour.

• Like 3