The Rumour Thread

57 minutes ago, Ivo said:

Dragon week SAVED Ò_Ó

Part of me really wants dragon week to be building towards something, but we already know that it is promotional event for the SCE Dragons. But still just drop a narrative piece indicating Sea Serpent/Dragons, Galrauch, or Malerion's relationship to dragons... just some hint of what they want to do with Dragons going forward. 

I would even be fine if it was not for AOS and we were getting a plastic Scatha for Middle Earth, or a New Tryanid Model based on a dragonfly... just something to make Dragon Week as special a celebration as we all know it to be! 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Part of me really wants dragon week to be building towards something, but we already know that it is promotional event for the SCE Dragons. But still just drop a narrative piece indicating Sea Serpent/Dragons, Galrauch, or Malerion's relationship to dragons... just some hint of what they want to do with Dragons going forward. 

I would even be fine if it was not for AOS and we were getting a plastic Scatha for Middle Earth, or a New Tryanid Model based on a dragonfly... just something to make Dragon Week as special a celebration as we all know it to be! 

I've a good feeling about Dragon Week!! Weve had the 'mandatory' history of Dragons out of the way early in the week. We still have 3 more articles for the Dragons so there is a chance we will see a lore article and maybe even a hint of future Dragon beasties. It is the Era of the Beast after all.

• LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd love this to be true, but it feels more likely they just want to get the two remaining 1.0 Tomes out of the way and the rumour is just a coincidence. I do hope I'm wrong though.

Well, the big hint about an Idoneth vs Fyreslayer box was given by Whitefang and he also seemed to hint at a new character for each like the other boxed sets, so its probably that.

2 hours ago, Doko said:

If we speak about fire dragons it must be for fyreslayers! The big brother of magmadroths maybe

I think they were talking abou the Fire Dragon aspect warriors from 40k's Craftworld Eldar. Those minis are like really old (4th edition) and still resin iirc. That whole range needs some love and minis that arent like 20 years old.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Slaanesh started with a single mortal hero in a box set and then got a big range update. There's still hope.

But DoK got the hero and only some endless spells if I remember correctly. With both Gloomspite/Sylvaneth and Ossiarch/Ogors boxes only one army had a major update and the other just a single hero. I am now suspecting that Fyreslayers and Idoneth will have to duke it out to see which will get more releases...

The new IDK champion enters the hallowed arena to face against a fiery foe. Only one can gain favour with the masses and grow their army's ranks. As a magical spell is cast a wave of mystical water raises forth and an opposing wave of enchanted magma flow towards one another. Over the roar of the crowd a shrill trumpet rings in the air and the Idoneth champion lets out a mighty incantation 'Surfs, up dude!' and the rival Fyreslayer lets loose an ancient battlecry in response "cowabunga"! 

Through the mist and sizzle of the steam a clash of steel is heard and a champion has been decided, as the mist recedes standing victorious is the mighty Primaries Lieutenant with hover board!
Aquamarine Space Marine lineup coming this Xmas season:
8B97j10.jpg
You know they are different because we painted them a different shade of blue!

Edited by Neverchosen
Just wanted to add I found the meme and did not make it unlike my original Surfing Duardin Aelf image.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

But DoK got the hero and only some endless spells if I remember correctly. With both Gloomspite/Sylvaneth and Ossiarch/Ogors boxes only one army had a major update and the other just a single hero. I am now suspecting that Fyreslayers and Idoneth will have to duke it out to see which will get more releases...

The new IDK champion enters the hallowed arena to face against a fiery foe. Only one can gain favour with the masses and grow their army's ranks. As a magical spell is cast a wave of mystical water raises forth and an opposing wave of enchanted magma flow towards one another. Over the roar of the crowd a shrill trumpet rings in the air and the Idoneth champion lets out a mighty incantation 'Surfs, up dude!' and the rival Fyreslayer lets loose an ancient battlecry in response "cowabunga"! 

Through the mist and sizzle of the steam a clash of steel is heard and a champion has been decided, as the mist recedes standing victorious is the mighty Primaries Lieutenant with hover board!
Aquamarine Space Marine lineup coming this Xmas season:
8B97j10.jpg
You know they are different because we painted them a different shade of blue!

So I already wanted chippendales Fyreslayers, and now I also need surfer dude Fyreslayers.

GW, give me a box of good looking half-naked dwarves, with bermuda shorts, or with cufflinks (but sleeveless)!

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Looks like we’re not gonna get some models for a while everyone, Nurgle clogged the toilet at GW and then this happened: https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/games-workshop-headquarters-nottingham-shut-6249044.amp?fbclid=IwAR3T7ctBWyguyaSiT8ysclKDglm65Ml8HT5LOdsx5m0_Vp-4pejwLuo-USU 

This is the weirdest news story... sooo how does this effect releases?

Also I feel like this is the work of Skaven gutter runners framing Nurgle... the bigger global news story that effected our hobby... now that sounds like the work of ol' Nurgle.

Edited by Neverchosen

it depends if their factory shutdown as well but i assume that it wouldn't affect any immediate releases like Battleforces, Nurgle tome, Custodes/GSC box because those are likely been sent out to their distribution center already, the affect would probably be felt a bit later on. 

when it comes to internal working being affected it would just depend on how many of their employee are remote working already and how much they can funtion as a business outside of not using their HQ. a big sign could be that there was a lack of article uploaded today.

EDIT: seems like it just Warhammer world and the office and manufacturing doesn't happen there but also the sewer problem is predicted to be fixed next week so i doubt it going to have a big impact

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

EDIT: seems like it just Warhammer world and the office and manufacturing doesn't happen there but also the sewer problem is predicted to be fixed next week so i doubt it going to have a big impact

I think that’s the only road that gives access to Warhammer World and the offices and factory! It’s all on the same site! I suspect it will have an impact but with all the issues at the moment I’m hoping they have prepared and won’t cause an issue. I remember when similar work was done in the town where I live and it closed off one of the main roads for a few weeks! The AOS teams event has been cancelled for this weekend and I suspect if there is an event for next weekend it may be cancelled as well.

• Like 1

If they are like most big companies they will have a contingency plan just for this occasion. 

I used to work for sainsburys and there was a plan should something happen at HQ.

There is a office somewhere only known to a few where the whole company can be run should something at the head offices ocurr such as a fire, terrorist attack, cyber attack or major flooding. My guess is GW would have a similar plan. 

As for manufacturing, there might be a blip down the road but hopfully nothing major. 

19 minutes ago, Mattrulesok said:

Nerf may be coming for stormcast already 😬

Screenshot_20211124_183947.jpg.45dba8d921071a87a7295b0fa9c02c46.jpg

I’m kind of doubtful about a scroll change for Dragons, especially considering how new they are but I think it would be good to see that GW are willing to do this. As the update will be focused on Matched Play, thinking about it, it could happen!

20 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

If they are like most big companies they will have a contingency plan just for this occasion. 

I used to work for sainsburys and there was a plan should something happen at HQ.

There is a office somewhere only known to a few where the whole company can be run should something at the head offices ocurr such as a fire, terrorist attack, cyber attack or major flooding. My guess is GW would have a similar plan. 

As for manufacturing, there might be a blip down the road but hopfully nothing major. 

Totally agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were already doing a hybrid way of working and this would only effect activities you have to do at site (such as manufacturing).