The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

A Nerubian-esque faction would be FANTASTIC! We don't have an insect BASED faction (Spiderfang is the closest...), and it is a cool theme. This last rumor pic really does give me some serious insect vibes.

I thought about this idea a while ago but I'm not sure if it's still possible when we have some insects already present in other factions (Sylvaneth, Nurgle, Spiderfang Grots). 

1 hour ago, Aryann said:

I thought about this idea a while ago but I'm not sure if it's still possible when we have some insects already present in other factions (Sylvaneth, Nurgle, Spiderfang Grots). 

Spread through out, but not a major focus. But you're right, might be reaching. Spiderfang have the biggest chance of expanding on that theme, though in all of these spiders/insects are a support or as additions. But actual bug men troops? Might be a stretch, but would be awesome.

4 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

Spiderfang have the biggest chance of expanding on that theme, though in all of these spiders/insects are a support or as additions. But actual bug men troops? Might be a stretch, but would be awesome.

Bug grot troops though? A definite possibility (see Grot Scuttlings).

17 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Outside of new armies, have their been any rumors of "Battleforce" boxes or something similar for the holiday season? Or are the Firestorm great cities boxes this years big boxes?

GW sent us a survey near the beginning of the year asking how well the Battleforce boxes did and if we thought they should do something similar this year. But aside from that, there's been nothing on that front.

6 hours ago, GammaMage said:

GW sent us a survey near the beginning of the year asking how well the Battleforce boxes did and if we thought they should do something similar this year. But aside from that, there's been nothing on that front.

Considering how ridiculously well they all sold (especially sylvaneth) I'd be surprised to see something similar not return. I mean...for a few weeks after they released even element games and frontline couldn't get 2 to rub together.

Just saw an image on FB from the new White Dwarf with new terrain bundles going on preorder next week. These are: 

Citadel of the Everchosen* ($660 USD): not sure what is in it as it wasn't visually depicted. Apparently this was revealed on the community site.  See image.

59f721b0933d9_ScreenShot2017-10-30at8_56_29AM.png.38c1ff1d21c51ad098a59f1bc99112a8.png

Ruins of Elixia ($149 USD): Dragonfate Dias, Baleful Realmgates, Ophidian Archway, and Numinous Occulum.

*Marked because it is misspelled as "Evechosen"

Edited by Thomas Lyons

For the concept last page, it's obviously not Blanche, but a nice attempt nonetheless ! 

I'm really looking forward for the Blood & Glory event this week end ; I hope we get news for Malign Portents & Nurlge (as rumored) but also about Shadespire & new Aelves of Ulgu...

Anyway. I'm a bit jealous of Necromunda right now ; the WD leaks on War of Sigmar mention GW making minis of different background characters like Lamplighters and Beastmen Bounty Hunter ; I HOPE we'll get something similar for AoS one day, like the robed figures on that picture : 

AoS-Firestorm-Image4kv.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Just saw an image on FB from the new White Dwarf with new terrain bundles going on preorder next week. These are: 

Citadel of the Everchosen* ($660 USD): not sure what is in it as it wasn't visually depicted. Apparently this was revealed on the community site.  See image.

Ruins of Elixia ($149 USD): Dragonfate Dias, Baleful Realmgates, Ophidian Archway, and Numinous Occulum.

*Marked because it is misspelled as "Evechosen"

Good bargains.  Although disappointed its not a new set of terrain.  (a castle not covered in skulls please)

• Like 2

That is really great news. So much unchartered territories in the WHQ Universe. Every tool that makes custom dungeon building easier is much welcome. Hopefully they are as unbalanced as the hero pack and the two will balance each other out!

Oh and also GW don't forget about the Shadespire WHQ box every WHQ fan has been dreaming about for a while now.

Edited by Greasygeek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frozenbeast said:

RumourEngine-Oct31.jpg

Any idea on this? It looks snake-y to me.....anyone? 

May be part of a big beasty (been some time since we last got one) or some sort of armor design, either way I think Aelven, Aeldari (Ynnari?) or Slaanesh are the likeliest fit.

For lack of a better idea I will just claim it is Malerion again.