The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The left guy probably will be warcry warband perhaps the second one of the new box, the center ogor Maneater pirate with a sharkteeth sword, the third a SM from HH.

I would think the leftmost guy is maybe one of the malerion elves? I know they are supposed to be sneaky but an executioner elf with an axe could fit well. 

Before some people get too excited over ogre release, remember that Warhammer underworlds is already rumoured to have ogre maneater leading a warband with parrot and monkey. It wouldn't surprise me if the ogre in the middle is that said underworld ogre.

I think the left one is most likely warcry model. I'm not expecting huge Aos faction revamp (or new aos faction) in the preview day. That Khorne rumour honestly sounds kinda likely since Khorne is one of those more or less "complete" factions, which makes it easy "here's your new btome with new hero, now scram"-release.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

Before some people get too excited over ogre release, remember that Warhammer underworlds is already rumoured to have ogre maneater leading a warband with parrot and monkey. It wouldn't surprise me if the ogre in the middle is that said underworld ogre.

I think the left one is most likely warcry model. I'm not expecting huge Aos faction revamp (or new aos faction) in the preview day. That Khorne rumour honestly sounds kinda likely since Khorne is one of those more or less "complete" factions, which makes it easy "here's your new btome with new hero, now scram"-release.

Especially because Underworlds is listed as part of the reveal and the next release on their roadmap is said pirate warband.

41 minutes ago, dnusha said:

Left one is a Khorne Hero, Ogre in the middle (or maybe a nurgle boyo) and Jaghatai Khan on a bike on the right.

I dont think the right one is Jaghatai tho. IIRC Jaghatai had a falchion/curved sword as his weapon. That sword is looking too straight tbh. Even tho I think Jaghatai is coming too this weekend, I dont think its him on that silhouette. I think thats the custodes hero from the leak (?)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, madmac said:

Eh, in a sense Order is the least bloated GA.

Chaos is largely just one old army, or two if you prefer (Chaos Warriors+Chaos Demons) blown up into five different armies, plus Skaven and BoC.

GA Death is really just an entire GA of Vampire Counts spinoffs+OBR as a spiritual TK successor.

GA Destruction is an entire GA based on the old Greenskins army, plus Ogre Kingdoms.

GA Order inherited the literal armies and/or spiritual successors for Empire, Brettonia, (Arguable, but I put SC here. It's all non-chaos human factions in any case) Lizardmen, Dwarfs, High Elves, Wood Elves, and Dark Elves. It's only the largest GA because it's composed of at least two or three times the actual old fantasy armybooks of any of the other GAs, with by far the least splitting and bloating involved.

That’s a very, let’s say unique way of looking at things. Because while true, that they inherited the most of the old army books, there initially was no effort made to limit bloat. Instead we got Slayers, KO, DoK, Idoneth etc. as new or limited factions on top of the spiritual successors of the old factions (Sylvaneth for WE, Lumineth for HE etc.) 

Order is just a mess. But that was not my point. I answered to the guy that argued against Aelf-soup because there were 5 Chaos factions. To that I say that Chaos is its own GA with 5 clearly defined factions (and BoC & Skaven, but as long as they remain ignored factions I‘ll do the same here), while the Aelves are part of one hot mess of a GA. 
And if the Warclans can be souped (and in the case of IJ & KB quite elegantly, RIP Bonesplitters) and rumours point towards dwarf soup, I think it’s pretty obvious we’ll get (and should get!) some Aelf soup as well.

Now, personally I‘m ofc not for souping stuff for the sake of it and I also ofc see the danger of the Bonesplitter route. But then again, they never got any new stuff in their AoS time, so the writing was on the wall.

I‘m not sure where I would put Deepkin, but Sylvaneth (including the renewed WE), Aelves of Uglu (DoK + Malerion Aelves) & Aelves of Hysh (Lumineth basically) would be a good starting point for the future-proofing.

7 hours ago, Maogrim said:

I don't think I quite agree. In many ways Order is just a default GA with arbitrary underlying principles. If you say Order is about the followers of Sigmar and his old Pantheon this wouldn't fit Seraphon, Daughters of Khaine (with neither Khaine nor Morathi being a deity or a follower of the pantheon) or especially Idoneth who don't fit the GA in any way. Order simply includes some factions that fight the other three and are in for their own reasons and benefits. 

That doesn’t solve the problem of too many factions to reliably renew. And unlike Chaos, the aelves are part of that hot mess called Order. So I expect aelf soup (which my initial answer referred to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The obvious answer would be to split the Order faction down tbh,  Morathi gets booted/quits out for the many good reasons and takes her allies and other malcontents with her. Make specific cities of "sigmar" choose sides :D

Ive been over why the grand alliances dividing by species is a stupid idea a lot of times before, id honestly rather see things completely fragment with specific allies lists or more and smaller alliances possibly based off what gods they worship and how the pantheons are going as a shorthand, so if say, Sigmar and Grungi have a breakup its simple to resolve in future.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

The Warcry Underworlds Game?

I think @Whitefang is at least trying to remind me to pick it up because I really want both warbands. But I am assuming it will maybe be related to the aesthetic in that box or at least maybe Darkoath might be getting expanded in some fashion maybe even in Warcry. I was complaining but I would actually really enjoy that, I just imagine my friends never picking the barbarians over the spider people when we play using my models. In a similar fashion I always played Untamed Beasts as my friends always wanted to be the Iron Golems.

5 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

The obvious answer would be to split the Order faction down tbh,  Morathi gets booted/quits out for the many good reasons and takes her allies and other malcontents with her. Make specific cities of "sigmar" choose sides :D

Ive been over why the grand alliances dividing by species is a stupid idea a lot of times before, id honestly rather see things completely fragment with specific allies lists or more and smaller alliances possibly based off what gods they worship and how the pantheons are going as a shorthand, so if say, Sigmar and Grungi have a breakup its simple to resolve in future.

The thing is, the Aelves are already in a weird sort of conspiratorial pact with each other currently and so feel like they are part of an unstable grand alliance already. I agree that having a grand alliance focused on a species is not the best idea but I do feel like a grand alliance based around Aelven Culture is a different idea. Sylvaneth, Kurnothi and Idoneth can easily expand the scope from Aelves to include other species and orders. However I say they include more Natural Kingdoms. We have Plantae and Animalia lets get wild and throw in some Protoctista and Lapideum.

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Kroxigor for Blood Bowl.

JozDIPF2EjEtwpgT.jpg

I don't know why you didn't use the real money shot?:
kuiWcbP4gO2x3ZQa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

They are not really divided by species (except maybe Death but they are different species of undead) but rather by idealogy and what part of the moral spectrum they encompass ( Order gets to have the good, neutral good, and chaotic good boxes more they the other three

Seraphon players: please GW update our Saurus warriors! 

GW: Sure, you meant for blood bowl right? 

Seraphon players: please, how about chameleon skinks, they are ancient resin! 

GW: Sure here is a single one, for underworlds. 

Seraphon players:... How about a new Kroxigor unit then, they are also ancient resin! 

GW: We got you, to match your Blood Bowl team of Saurus right? 

Seraphon players:................... 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

They are not really divided by species (except maybe Death but they are different species of undead) but rather by idealogy and what part of the moral spectrum they encompass ( Order gets to have the good, neutral good, and chaotic good boxes more they the other three

I mean they are though, arent they. The one exception being Chaos worshippers who with the exception of beastmen at some point made that choice. Every Orkoid is destruction, every Ogre and every elf/dwarf/human is order, even when the factions might make more sense elsewhere. I mean its a really big leap to say all the Order factions are good when you have all the former dark elves still up to their murdering ways, or the fairly amoral fyreslayers, or the soul stealing Idoneth...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1