The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Sleboda said:

To their credit, yes, they did.

Yeah, I wasn't sure. I certainly didn't see anything but then I find the warhammer community page a mess to navigate and I've removed almost ever 'official' GW source from my feeds, I just didn't see the point in following them for news.(*) So fair enough, I did wonder if they were clear about it.

I still don't like that they put out three books for a single army, even if you could pick and choose which two of them you needed. But if they were clear about it, at least it wasn't sneaky.

Thanks for update.

*As for not following them for news, this is totally off topic, but I removed their social media accounts as they don't have anything of value to add. They only have scripted answers to ANY question and any news is posted ad nauseam across hobby pages (Including non-warhammer/AoS groups) that there is just no need to actively follow both hobby groups and GW pages. I wanted to keep the hobby groups as there is good stuff posted there, so might as well condense getting my news from them too. So I do now miss the odd thing- like information on the books, but overall its helped remove some of the negativity from the hobby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Can’t say about the financial part but the leak are fake.

Varan guard? Heh.

I don’t think it’s terribly likely that varanguard would be the opposing side in Red Harvest. At least not a full warband of them.

The sides in these boxes tend to be a similar size and one varanguard should be worth several spider loving cultists. Plus there’s the problem that as the rules stand in WarCry, competitive warbands are filled with cheap fighters the give you more activations. There’d just be a warband of four varanguard drowning in a sea of giant rats, aetherwings and pot grots. And it would be horrifying….

Edited by Ledgington
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure. I certainly didn't see anything but then I find the warhammer community page a mess to navigate and I've removed almost ever 'official' GW source from my feeds, I just didn't see the point in following them for news.(*) So fair enough, I did wonder if they were clear about it.

I still don't like that they put out three books for a single army, even if you could pick and choose which two of them you needed. But if they were clear about it, at least it wasn't sneaky

They also explained it all in the product description for the books. It really wasn’t sneaky at all. And again, the first book is still valid if you’re not using the Wind temple 

Edited by Ledgington

I wonder what Monday reveals will bring us today? I'm thinking a 40K model is likely, though fingers crossed for AOS or one of its boxed games.

Our current Rumour Monger said that alongside the Pirate Ogor and their Pirate Parrot there will be a monkey. Fingers crossed for our simian friend!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I wonder what Monday reveals will bring us today? I'm thinking a 40K model is likely, though fingers crossed for AOS or one of its boxed games.

Our current Rumour Monger said that alongside the Pirate Ogor and their Pirate Parrot there will be a monkey. Fingers crossed for our simian friend!!

I think we might just see the traditional silhouettes today. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

...what if to represent their elite status they get multiple activations?! 😱

If that was done right that could be a nice addition to the rules and help balance the game. Although personally I still think Varanguard would be a boring choice. WarCry isn’t supposed to be the elites fighting, it’s supposed to be scrappy warbands with maybe one elite fighter as the leader.

Something like spider cultists are much more interesting. As nice as unmounted Varangard would be for StD players, I’d prefer they be added outside of WarCry

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

If that was done right that could be a nice addition to the rules and help balance the game. Although personally I still think Varanguard would be a boring choice. WarCry isn’t supposed to be the elites fighting, it’s supposed to be scrappy warbands with maybe one elite fighter as the leader.

Something like spider cultists are much more interesting. As nice as unmounted Varangard would be for StD players, I’d prefer they be added outside of WarCry

Maybe its 1 Varanguard on foot + adds. Would make sense imo.

• Like 1

The middle silhouette does make me think of an Ogre. My mind initially went to something like this.

99800213006_BraggtheGutsmanNEW01.jpg

The right makes me think of a standard 'Space Marine running with a power sword' pose.

The left could be just about anything - Necromunda, 40k Cultists, Age of Sigmar, War Cry...

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

The left guy probably will be warcry warband perhaps the second one of the new box

But that would make the Varanguard rumour untrue!

If we can't trust 4Chan rumours then who can we trust?

I think that your guesses seem pretty accurate but I really hope that the other warband for Warcry is more interesting than Marauders with bigger axes...

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

But that would make the Varanguard rumour untrue!

If we can't trust 4Chan rumours then who can we trust?

I think that your guesses seem pretty accurate but I really hope that the other warband for Warcry is more interesting than Marauders with bigger axes...

Remember the Bladeborn^tm?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2