The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

There are five factions of old school Chaos (which used to be one faction) in different flavours, even if you exclude Skaven and BoC. That's one more than Aelfs, even if Sylvaneth are included.

True, plus there was never one elf army in old Warhammer, there were three. In a game where many old singular armies were expanded into 3-5 different armies, it's not actually that shocking that three elf armies got turned into 4-5.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

IMG-20211024-WA0006.jpg.4afece0798d716e9b26ff2135349e2bc.jpg

Sounds like a typical "trust me£ rumor,at least on the "failed 3rd edition part".
Nighthaunt coming seems already "confirmed" by old rumor engine so probably just a guessing....Blades of Khorne seems strange but possible considering how they were pumped for a long time.
EDIT: it's from 4chan apparently this rumor not a group.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

This seems to just repeat things and terms we already know, like 'new Chaos tome', 'Eightfold brood' and Varanguard plus the usual stuff about GW being in a bad shape. Assuming that Nighthaunt or Blades get a new book is also an easy guess to make...

Still, thanks for sharing.

Well if it is accurate he just cost his "buddy" his job, thats waaaaay too much identifying info to be sharing. 

The Khorne start collecting is the mixed sprue out of AoS1 isnt it? I really doubt thats getting broken up as the retooling costs would be savage for kits they know wont sell well individually either.

Given the "tone" just sounds like someone trying to add some clout to their whine, but i suspect we shall see on Saturday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Well if it is accurate he just cost his "buddy" his job, thats waaaaay too much identifying info to be sharing. 

Given the "tone" just sounds like someone trying to add some clout to their whine, but i suspect we shall see on Saturday.

Yep generally good rumours come from anonymous sources - this doesn't sound right to me but we will see very soon I'm sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maogrim said:

There are five factions of old school Chaos (which used to be one faction) in different flavours, even if you exclude Skaven and BoC. That's one more than Aelfs, even if Sylvaneth are included.

Yeah, but Chaos are their own grand alliance. Counting Chaos you‘d have to count the rest of Order as well and then it’s welcome to bloat city. 

I'm normally pretty sceptical about 'rumours' like this, but I believe the part about dominion not selling well at all. After all their 'FOMO QUICK BUY IT QUICK ON RELEASE DAY OR MISS OUT' stream hype and advertising, and its still available pretty much everywhere. I don't think a limited release set still being sold almost 6 months on can be seen anything but a failed release. 

The rest is stuff we pretty much know anyway or is the most credible guesses at what can be expected (warcry, nighthaunt)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

These are fun rumours and the best part is when will see how credible they are in less than a week!! On foot Varanguard sound amazing as does this Nighthaunt monster, it actually sounds epic.

The wording of the Mancrusher being it's own Warband means I'm gunna run with this hype train and call it a new named Mancrusher Gargant model confirmed!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rachmani said:

Yeah, but Chaos are their own grand alliance. Counting Chaos you‘d have to count the rest of Order as well and then it’s welcome to bloat city. 

Eh, in a sense Order is the least bloated GA.

Chaos is largely just one old army, or two if you prefer (Chaos Warriors+Chaos Demons) blown up into five different armies, plus Skaven and BoC.

GA Death is really just an entire GA of Vampire Counts spinoffs+OBR as a spiritual TK successor.

GA Destruction is an entire GA based on the old Greenskins army, plus Ogre Kingdoms.

GA Order inherited the literal armies and/or spiritual successors for Empire, Brettonia, (Arguable, but I put SC here. It's all non-chaos human factions in any case) Lizardmen, Dwarfs, High Elves, Wood Elves, and Dark Elves. It's only the largest GA because it's composed of at least two or three times the actual old fantasy armybooks of any of the other GAs, with by far the least splitting and bloating involved.

• Like 5

This is just a mix of some decent guess work, gw bashing a couple of odd guesses. 

Literally everyone knows Dominion hasn't sold out, it doesn't take an insider to see that but GW announced in September that sales are still going up which is pretty impressive given that last year was GW's best ever. So Dominion hasn't affected their bottom line. 

I guessed Varanguard for Warcry a couple of days ago so that isn't much of a reach. There have been a bunch of rumours for Nighthaunt recently and they are lacking a monster so that isn't an unexpected release. 

The part which sounds particularly strange is the Khorne stuff. The lord is already available separately, and problem with the other heroes is that they are on a mixed sprue. It would make much more sense to make a new Khorgorath kit.

It's always fun to speculate on rumours but I think this individual doesn't know any more about the future of AoS than I do. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

This just makes me laugh because if it's true it's the most GW thing ever and if it's fake it's funny for taking the mickey out of geedubs

That all said, I couldn't but think same as@Noserenda did. If it's legit it's way too revealing. "Leaking plastic toys during a drunken rant" is not the ideal way to squander a recent promotion!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

also don't think they made it very clear that if you had the first book, you only needed the 2nd if you didn't have the Broken Realm books. (I may be wrong about this though- maybe they announced it pretty clearly,

To their credit, yes, they did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rachmani said:

I don't think I quite agree. In many ways Order is just a default GA with arbitrary underlying principles. If you say Order is about the followers of Sigmar and his old Pantheon this wouldn't fit Seraphon, Daughters of Khaine (with neither Khaine nor Morathi being a deity or a follower of the pantheon) or especially Idoneth who don't fit the GA in any way. Order simply includes some factions that fight the other three and are in for their own reasons and benefits. 

55 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I don't think I quite agree. In many ways Order is just a default GA with arbitrary underlying principles. If you say Order is about the followers of Sigmar and his old Pantheon this wouldn't fit Seraphon, Daughters of Khaine (with neither Khaine nor Morathi being a deity or a follower of the pantheon) or especially Idoneth who don't fit the GA in any way. Order simply includes some factions that fight the other three and are in for their own reasons and benefits. 

Death is mono god. Destruction is mono god (though with more flavours). Chaos is five gods with a clear theme. Order is everything else, including no god.

Which also means the faction named Order is the biggest mess.