The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Ledgington said:

I’m still not sure why people are so salty about the second Lumineth release. Broken Realms: Teclis was more like a supplement to the first tome and includes a bunch of new lore and cool extras like the Settler’s Gain rules. It didn’t replace the first fully, it just added two nations and a spell lore, the warscrolls were available online, frankly so were the nations and spell lore if you knew where to look. Plus all the rules are on the app now which is currently free, at least for beta.

It's not the Lumineth releases as an insular thing. It's Lumineth (or Stormcast) releases and no releases for factions that actually need them.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It's not the Lumineth releases as an insular thing. It's Lumineth (or Stormcast) releases and no releases for factions that actually need them.

Lumineth were a very small line before the second wave, so it could be argued they did need it even if it came unexpectedly quickly after their initial release. I think a lot of problems people had with the second tome could be alleviated with a small amount of product research which is something that anyone concerned with how much they’re spending on a hoody should be doing anyway.

But I agree with you. Lumineth are good where they are for the foreseeable future. In the ‘Era of the Beast’ I’d really love to see some beastie releases, big BoC and Skaven line refreshes, a wave of Kurnothi for Sylvaneth and maybe some releases with big monsters for other armies. Like sea monsters for Idoneth and land beasts for Ogors. Even with little to no evidence of any of that happening 

• Like 7

Although I am a Lumineth player I am more interested in future of DOK these days. What do you think the future holds for them? Somehow I doubt that they will be left as standalone faction if Malerion arrives (or his warband in Underworlds). It would be nice to have 2 Ulgu gods as opposition to two gods of Hysh.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Although I am a Lumineth player I am more interested in future of DOK these days. What do you think the future holds for them? Somehow I doubt that they will be left as standalone faction if Malerion arrives (or his warband in Underworlds). It would be nice to have 2 Ulgu gods as opposition to two gods of Hysh.

Love this topic, as I'm also mainly a Lumineth player who's slowly getting into Daughters as a second faction. 😊 

I'm not sure in what direction Daughters might develop but the lore mentions that there are more, until now unseen forms of Melusai. I think we might get something like a unit of Melusai with double scimitars. I could imagine Witches being slowly phased out as more and Scathborn appear. Would be a shame, but I think it's possible. Also maybe new, female Avatar statues could be a thing, since Morathi began building Khaine statues in her own image.

Of course these predictions are based on Daughters remaining their own thing. But I could see them being souped with Malerion, sadly. Then we'd have a dark counterpart to Lumineth with their two Aelven gods. Would make sense from a symmetry perspective. But I've developed a real dislike towards that sl@tshaming edge lord so I hope the Khainites stay independent.

1 hour ago, Ledgington said:

Lumineth were a very small line before the second wave, so it could be argued they did need it even if it came unexpectedly quickly after their initial release. I think a lot of problems people had with the second tome could be alleviated with a small amount of product research which is something that anyone concerned with how much they’re spending on a hoody should be doing anyway.

But I agree with you. Lumineth are good where they are for the foreseeable future. In the ‘Era of the Beast’ I’d really love to see some beastie releases, big BoC and Skaven line refreshes, a wave of Kurnothi for Sylvaneth and maybe some releases with big monsters for other armies. Like sea monsters for Idoneth and land beasts for Ogors. Even with little to no evidence of any of that happening 

I 100% on Era of the Beasts needing more Beastly releases. At the start of the Necroquake and 2.0 there was the Nighthaunt, weve had the Kruelboyz for 3.0 and then Soulblight at the end of the Edition, I could see that happening for Destruction with a brand new Faction.

BOC and Skaven definitely deserve line refreshes to go with the Beast and new Monsters for Mawtribes alongside a range refresh would be perfect. Honestly I would prefer all the Faction ranges get refreshed this Edition over any new Factions, even if it meant taking a hit for my true love Destruction.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I 100% on Era of the Beasts needing more Beastly releases. At the start of the Necroquake and 2.0 there was the Nighthaunt, weve had the Kruelboyz for 3.0 and then Soulblight at the end of the Edition, I could see that happening for Destruction with a brand new Faction.

BOC and Skaven definitely deserve line refreshes to go with the Beast and new Monsters for Mawtribes alongside a range refresh would be perfect. Honestly I would prefer all the Faction ranges get refreshed this Edition over any new Factions, even if it meant taking a hit for my true love Destruction.

I think Destruction could still have some space for another flavour of Ogor and Grots.

But yes...better having a new edition with more "second waves" and very few new armies than the opposite.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I think Destruction could still have some space for another flavour of Ogor and Grots.

But yes...better having a new edition with more "second waves" and very few new armies than the opposite.

Absolutely mate. In regards to Ogors, Firebellies are right there just waiting to be expanded upon!!

• Like 1

It might be a tall order to pull off, but I feel like Malerion and Tyrion might be released at the same time as opposing forces. 

It would be easier if Malerion and his followers are bundled into DoK - as then they would simply be expanding two existing faction - but I'm not convinced that they'll do that, and I know the suggestion isn't necessarily a popular one.

29 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

It might be a tall order to pull off, but I feel like Malerion and Tyrion might be released at the same time as opposing forces. 

It would be easier if Malerion and his followers are bundled into DoK - as then they would simply be expanding two existing faction - but I'm not convinced that they'll do that, and I know the suggestion isn't necessarily a popular one.

I personally hope that Malerions Aelves and DOK do get souped.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I think Morathi and the Daughters of Khaine would lose a lot from getting souped with Malerion. I'd sooner see Malerion adopting the dark elves in Cities.

Having them appear in a few years wouldn't be bad, but I don't see a need for them over, say, remaking beastmen, skaven and seraphon.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I think Morathi and the Daughters of Khaine would lose a lot from getting souped with Malerion. I'd sooner see Malerion adopting the dark elves in Cities.

Having them appear in a few years wouldn't be bad, but I don't see a need for them over, say, remaking beastmen, skaven and seraphon.

Honestly, I agree. DoK has a very strong personality and place as a faction, and I'd rather it not be diluted. Still, even if they do merge the factions, there is some hope. Despite being souped, Ironjawz, Bonesplittaz, and Kruel Boyz all have a very unique and independant identity. 

I also agree that there's plenty of other factions that could do with some love first.

47 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think we'll be seeing mostly souping and expanding going forward. The number of unique factions in the game is rapidly approaching critical mass. If they plan to maintain the current 3-year edition lifespan, they won't be able to update battletomes within that timeframe unless they start merging some of the factions.

Everyone has a different opinion on whether or not that's a good thing, but logistically it's really the only way forward, aside from extending the edition cycle (which I'm also not opposed to.)

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Honestly, I agree. DoK has a very strong personality and place as a faction, and I'd rather it not be diluted. Still, even if they do merge the factions, there is some hope. Despite being souped, Ironjawz, Bonesplittaz, and Kruel Boyz all have a very unique and independant identity. 

I also agree that there's plenty of other factions that could do with some love first.

I think we'll be seeing mostly souping and expanding going forward. The number of unique factions in the game is rapidly approaching critical mass. If they plan to maintain the current 3-year edition lifespan, they won't be able to update battletomes within that timeframe unless they start merging some of the factions.

Everyone has a different opinion on whether or not that's a good thing, but logistically it's really the only way forward, aside from extending the edition cycle (which I'm also not opposed to.)

I could see various Factions merging. @Neverchosenand I discussed earlier that Mawtribes and Sons of Behemat could be merged. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think if Fyreslayers and Kharadron are soup'ed then Daughters of Khaine's days as a standalone will be numbered.

I'm thinking the same.
The other "question" left is....we will see other armies getting the Kruleboyz style addition?
@KingBroddI don't think we'll see Sons souped because like Knights in 40k are a very specific type of army...Ogor already merged two subfactions (perhaps with a third incoming) so i can't see them gulping gargants.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

All of Death will soon be souped into Legion of Nagash 2: Electric Boogaloo. But seriously, bring on the soup tomes. GW's model of focusing on a few factions each year and then forgetting about them for the next few years is made worse by having a dozen and a half mini factions. They can soup my guys with whoever they want if it means they get more frequent attention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I could see various Factions merging. @Neverchosenand I discussed earlier that Mawtribes and Sons of Behemat could be merged. 

I just think that the very divided factions that AOS started with are being merged either narratively or expanded upon thematically with distinctive subfactions. Early in AOS I think the intention was for these armies to be run in grand alliances and that is why we got so many small releases like Ironjawz and Fyreslayers as you were expected to bolster the collection with other factions or older WHFB models. Now we are having those alliances built into the battletomes letting us choose between having a focused army or a more expansive one.  I for one am happy for the greater number of options but sad to see them spend less effort in expanding on pre-existing concepts. However, I think that they will eventually return to these ideas and expand on them in the future. 

The era of soup is upon us:

10 minutes ago, Orbei said:

All of Death will soon be souped into Legion of Nagash 2: Electric Boogaloo. But seriously, bring on the soup tomes. GW's model of focusing on a few factions each year and then forgetting about them for the next few years is made worse by having a dozen and a half mini factions. They can soup my guys with whoever they want if it means they get more frequent attention.

Souping doesn’t mean frequent attention it often lead to the opposite like with Bonesplitterz being barely existing in the last warclans tome, they may actually be gone in the future.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

well you have to actual play the army and collect them to warrant an opinion on it being soup. Saying without have stakes is just postering.

20 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I'm thinking the same.
The other "question" left is....we will see other armies getting the Kruleboyz style addition?
@KingBroddI don't think we'll see Sons souped because like Knights in 40k are a very specific type of army...Ogor already merged two subfactions (perhaps with a third incoming) so i can't see them gulping gargants.

tbf I don’t even know if the kruleboyz range is complete and if it just another IRL situation with two part in it. They may actually just second release with their own battletome in 18 month times like with many recent GW brand new army releases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

Souping doesn’t mean frequent attention it often lead to the opposite like with Bonesplitterz being barely existing in the last warclans tome, they may actually be gone in the future.

Quite possibly. Then again, aggressive points adjustment could turn Bonesplittaz into a surprisingly competitive horde faction. Only time will tell.

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

well you have to actual play the army and collect them to warrant an opinion on it being soup. Saying without have stakes is just postering.

I think that's a bit unfair. Everyone has an opinion on things, and KingBrodd';s opinions are almost always motivated by his love for theme, story, and lore. Granted, you may value it less because he doesn't play the army (and have every right to do so), but that does not in and of itself make his opinion somehow inferior, just different.

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

tbf I don’t even know if the kruleboyz range is complete and if it just another IRL situation with two part in it. They may actually just second release with their own battletome in 18 month times like with many recent GW brand new army releases.

Possibly, it's hard to say. With Soup tomes being a relatively new thing, there's not telling what happens when they decide to expand on a specific subfaction, but I'm inclined to believe that they're deliberately trending away from the solo factions and deliberately trying to create mixed tomes. That's another one that we'll just have to wait and see about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, novakai said:

I mean come on mate I can have an opinion regardless. In my opinion there is starting to get Faction bloat and I wouldnt mind if say Ogors and Sons were souped for example. I have nothing against Aelf players but again in my opinion there are far more Aelven Factions than any other and Malerions "Dark Shadow Aelves" would have a lot in common with the DOK. Same thing with Kruelboyz and Warclans.

2 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Reveals leading up to the weekend? Yes!!

• Like 4

Just now, KingBrodd said:

I mean come on mate I can have an opinion regardless. In my opinion there is starting to get Faction bloat and I wouldnt mind if say Ogors and Sons were souped for example. I have nothing against Aelf players but again in my opinion there are far more Aelven Factions than any other and Malerions "Dark Shadow Aelves" would have a lot in common with the DOK. Same thing with Kruelboyz and Warclans.

I mean don’t play BoC or CoS but I could easy say they could all be squated complete to make room for more stand alone armies and battletomes and nothing else would need to be souped in but that be too mean spirited to say on this forum

36 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

There are five factions of old school Chaos (which used to be one faction) in different flavours, even if you exclude Skaven and BoC. That's one more than Aelfs, even if Sylvaneth are included.

• Like 3