The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

That's too too far away 

2023 it is!! I really hope that some of the older tomes and ranges in need of updates get their releases first though.

I'm all for more AOS and Lumineth models to me at least look stunning, but I could see A LOT of people getting mad that Lumineth will have had 3 tomes in 2 years whilst Idoneth has had 1 in its entire AOS lifecycle. 

Give me those Pachyderm models for the River temple!! Fingers crossed for Elephants or Hippos thatll make perfect conversion fodder for the Mawtribes!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

I think it is quite certain that Tyrion will ride a kind of dragon/phoenix while Teclis is on a sphinx. 

017.png?w=1024

Could also just be a sign, that the spirit of Hysh's sun will be a dragon/phoenix, just as the spirit of Hysh-s moon is a (Luna-)sphinx but I think you're dead on! Hysh is about symmetry, and GW won't let the opportunity pass to bless us with an amazing Aelven warrior god and his blazing buddy! 😍 

Btw, I hope they go for another tag team composition similar to Teclis and Celennar, instead of doing the somewhat lazy dragon rider thing.

Edited by Maogrim
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

I suspect the retirement of the Steel Legion minis has as much to do with the introduction of plastic Krieg kits for Kill Team and probably soon 40k. GW most likely doesn't want to have more than one gasmask and flak jacket style guardsman kit on the go, particularly when it's already filling the same slot (from a certain POV) as the Cadian and Catachan infantry kits.

It'd be nice to see new stuff for e.g. skaven but I think GW's by and large happy keeping ancient minis around for as long as possible.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:46 PM, dirkdragonslayer said:

Also I think if the lumineth got a third Battletome next year the local lumineth players would probably tear their hair out. 3 books in 2 years is a bit nuts, unless the Lumineth are the new face of Order GA.

Darn aelf marines.

2 books in under 4 years is pushing it. Anything more frequent unconscionable.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

2 books in under 4 years is pushing it. Anything more frequent unconscionable.

IDK it's still a bad choice both for Lumineth players that needs to buy 3 times a tome and a kick in the teeth for other armies that got no new models after the first wave(and they are a lot).
Unless they'll do a "minimal wave" with 2\3 troops for river temple (or zenith?) and Tyrion (but i doubt we'll see him having already Teclis as "god sized" model).
Considering we'll also get Malerion seems a pretty bad move also if they'll arrive one near another.
But it's also wrong to think they should'nt have a 3rd edition wave tbh...idk i just hope gw start to give the same "love" of ome armies to many others.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

IDK it's still a bad choice both for Lumineth players that needs to buy 3 times a tome and a kick in the teeth for other armies that got no new models after the first wave(and they are a lot).
Unless they'll do a "minimal wave" with 2\3 troops for river temple (or zenith?) and Tyrion (but i doubt we'll see him having already Teclis as "god sized" model).
Considering we'll also get Malerion seems a pretty bad move also if they'll arrive one near another.

Each temple would, if they follow the previous temples' template, include one unit, one mage, one spirit and a named version of said spirit. 

And I guess Slaves to Darkness already set the bar with two god-tier characters in one army with Archaon and Be'lakor, even if there was quite a lot of time between their respective releases 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Each temple would, if they follow the previous temples' template, include one unit, one mage, one spirit and a named version of said spirit. 

And I guess Slaves to Darkness already set the bar with two god-tier characters in one army with Archaon and Be'lakor, even if there was quite a lot of time between their respective releases 

I think the River Temple is going to follow that pattern: unit, mage and spirit. But the Zenith temple i think isnt going to follow that. According to the lore zenith temple is the hardest temple to achieve and only the best mages are part of it. So maybe we only get a Mage hero or a special character.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

But it's also wrong to think they should'nt have a 3rd edition wave tbh...idk i just hope gw start to give the same "love" of ome armies to many others.

The thing is as a lumineth player I wouldnt care very much, but it would be bad because I bought the first battletome and several months later I had to buy the second one... imagine buying a third one. But on the other part I want to have the full range of miniatures. So I dont know, personally it would be better late so I can paint all what I have.

Also, there is the Broken Realm story about Malerion and Morathi that says that Tyrion is aproaching Ulgu and it seems is going to be some kind of negotiation between them, so if we get Malerion we'll get Tyrion, not at the same time but the release could be near.

Edited by Dondarion
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Maogrim said:

Could also just be a sign, that the spirit of Hysh's sun will be a dragon/phoenix, just as the spirit of Hysh-s moon is a (Luna-)sphinx but I think you're dead on! Hysh is about symmetry, and GW won't let the opportunity pass to bless us with an amazing Aelven warrior god and his blazing buddy! 😍 

Btw, I hope they go for another tag team composition similar to Teclis and Celennar, instead of doing the somewhat lazy dragon rider thing.

Sphinx is human head bird wings and cat bottom.

Perhaps Tyrion will be bird head, lion mane and human bottom?

• Haha 2

It's a difficult choice for GW. It seems clear that for whatever reason the Lumineth release got the creative juices of the studio flowing and they made a bunch of kits. 

The choice from gw is either, cut a bunch of kits, divide into more than one book or do the Stormcast strategy and release the kits gradually over a long period of time. While it's annoying to wait for the dragons, or even longer for the necron flayed ones, it's a better choice than book bloat. 

As for the future of the lumineth, I'm a bit torn. I'd rather see other armies get the attention but I really want a new Tyrion kit. 

I think the solution would be to do a book like Kragnos, which introduces new minis for a number of factions including Tyrion. People are much less likely to complain about new Lumineth, if they get new Saurus, man-eaters and a Shaggoth at the same time.

In that book give him a warscroll and nothing more, then introduce the remaining minis in a new battletome in 2023. That would give 2 years between books. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarkFish said:

Why are we talking about another lumineth book? ... This can't be a thing right?

It is a thing 💯 based on the fact that Tyrion is missing, 4 of the nations are missing, and at least one of the spirits is missing and doesn’t have an element unit (river I think?).

Its happening at some point in the next few years. Best move past it.

1 hour ago, CarkFish said:

Why are we talking about another lumineth book? ... This can't be a thing right?

Yeah, I don’t think there will be another for awhile. Tyrion is supposed to be heading towards Ulgu, which would be a big lore event as it was established that gods of light and not supposed to be able to step foot in Uglu and the Malerion can’t enter Hysh. And in one of the short stories Malerion was just planning on continuing to play it nice with Tyrion by gifting him the remains of a mountain spirit recovered from Shyish. It’s possible that would be more like Gordrakk heading towards Azyr and take a couple of years to manifest if it ever really does. Even if the Shadow aelves get a release sooner, which the Harrow deep rule book seems to hinting at.

I’m still not sure why people are so salty about the second Lumineth release. Broken Realms: Teclis was more like a supplement to the first tome and includes a bunch of new lore and cool extras like the Settler’s Gain rules. It didn’t replace the first fully, it just added two nations and a spell lore, the warscrolls were available online, frankly so were the nations and spell lore if you knew where to look. Plus all the rules are on the app now which is currently free, at least for beta.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

Yeah, I don’t think there will be another for awhile. Tyrion is supposed to be heading towards Ulgu, which would be a big lore event as it was established that gods of light and not supposed to be able to step foot in Uglu and the Malerion can’t enter Hysh. And in one of the short stories Malerion was just planning on continuing to play it nice with Tyrion by gifting him the remains of a mountain spirit recovered from Shyish. It’s possible that would be more like Gordrakk heading towards Azyr and take a couple of years to manifest if it ever really does. Even if the Shadow aelves get a release sooner, which the Harrow deep rule book seems to hinting at.

I’m still not sure why people are so salty about the second Lumineth release. Broken Realms: Teclis was more like a supplement to the first tome and includes a bunch of new lore and cool extras like the Settler’s Gain rules. It didn’t replace the first fully, it just added two nations and a spell lore, the warscrolls were available online, frankly so were the nations and spell lore if you knew where to look. Plus all the rules are on the app now which is currently free, at least for beta.

It wasnt BR Teclis that upset people, it was the 2nd Lumineth Battletome.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I don't really have a massive problem with Lumineth getting another wave in a year or so- its good to see a faction getting filled out and evidently they have intended this from the start. I think I remember from my Warseer days Harry saying that High Elves were one of the best sellers so I presume their AoS cousins would do likewise. I can see Malerion and Tyrion coming close to each other as well- they seem to be connected somehow. 

Saying that other factions need some love- personally I really want to see new dwarfs- ideally new KO and Grungni faction/classic dwarfs and others are obviously keen for Chaos dwarfs. Kurnothi as a sylvaneth expansion as well. Skaven, BoC, FEC all need new stuff Seraphon ... new Cities stuff. That said we don't have much clue as to what is coming in the next few moths beyond a chaos tome. Hoping next week with give a few clues, if not the New Year is a good bet for some hints/reveals. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

My issue with is it feels like GW has only just finally cottoned on to the fact that our models last forever and to keep selling the same kits over and over (especially to people that might already own enough models) the only other way to do it is to keep invalidating rules and releasing new books.
(Though as I point out below, I'm aware that this issue with multiple books isn't new at all)

I also don't think they made it very clear that if you had the first book, you only needed the 2nd if you didn't have the Broken Realm books. (I may be wrong about this though- maybe they announced it pretty clearly, but I had already removed a lot of the GW new feeds by then as I'd gotten sick of their behaviour. So maybe I missed it)

I also don't think that it makes it alright because rules are on a app- free or behind the W+ paywall. I've zero interest in using apps for games, hardly anyone in my group uses them. The majority of us are all in IT and spend enough time behind a screen. Games are an escape from screens and quite honestly even if I wasn't in IT, I don't want to be checking my phone all the time when playing a board game.

There's also the inconstancy with releases- GW will release multiple waves of minis and books for one army, but could go years without a single new model for others. It hasn't always bothered me- I buy and use what I like and don't care for what GW want to be selling at the time, but I can imagine its rough on players who's hobby does centre around them playing the most up to date rules. If GW keep this trend up there will have been more editions of Lumineth battletome than there has been of the game itself.

(And yes this has happened before- armies have gotten 3 army books within a single edition of WFB, in very much the same way. I don't think people were that happy with it back then either (the books were a tad cheaper after taking inflation in to account but not by enough to argue that they were cheaper and could get away with it back then))

I do think GW need to have more goodwill when it comes with AoS and it wouldn't take much. How about a Necromunda style roadmap, instead of crappy rumour engine pics of bits of models. Let players have an informed choice on what armies to collect and play and allow them to plan their games and hobbies around an actual release schedule. All this FOMO sales and hiding releases in fear of delays (or whatever other excuse they want to hide behind) is actually just saying that the consumers are too dumb to make purchases without being scared into missing out. Instead, they could do a 12 month roadmap (divided in the quarters so they dont' have to give exact dates) and be like 'Hey you have 6 months to finish painting up your Orcs, cause then you can buy the new chaos dwarves'. Its still advertising but its a far more positive (and healthy) way of selling the hobby.

Edited by RexHavoc
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

It wasnt BR Teclis that upset people, it was the 2nd Lumineth Battletome.

The second battle tome was just the first with the added material from Broken Realms: Teclis for people who didn’t have the first battle tome.

If you didn’t want to run the Alumnia or Helon nations or use the spell lore if the Wind mage or Teclis you never needed to buy a second book and could have run a Lumineth army using only the first battle tome and the errata 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I’d love a second wave of Soulblight 🥲

how likely is that @Whitefang

I need to see my foot heroes restored to their former glory (I can’t find the original names. It’s basically power tiers back from 6th edition): Vampire Noble, Vampire Lord, Vampire Count

I'd also love to see more Soulblight!!

8 minutes ago, Ledgington said:

The second battle tome was just the first with the added material from Broken Realms: Teclis for people who didn’t have the first battle tome.

If you didn’t want to run the Alumnia or Helon nations or use the spell lore if the Wind mage or Teclis you never needed to buy a second book and could have run a Lumineth army using only the first battle tome and the errata 

Oh of course mate I understand that but there would be many people who didnt see it that way or those who dont care for BR and felt like they had to buy this book.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1