Jump to content

The Rumour Thread


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

i don't think that many people are wishlisting poor BoC get themselves souped 😞  maybe resignedlisting or something.

People on this site make no sense sometimes. Like I see a lot of posters saying x y z belong in destruction like giving them an existing personality with a strong identity would fix destructions amorphous identity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Higolx said:

Man, I really hope they do that. That would be a really interesting take on factio terrain. Also a very consumer friendly one, where we could make makeshift barriers with like, pieces of sprues and leftover bits. Didnt use the shield bits on a kit? Cut some of the sprues and glue them together.

Wood elves could have something more nature like like thorn walls, duardin could have some stone walls....ah shiet, there goes my brain hyping again

did someone say Chaos Dwarfs?

I know, I know.. tenuous... I'll get my coat.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fyrenn said:

i don't think that many people are wishlisting poor BoC get themselves souped 😞  maybe resignedlisting or something.

I think that like brets, they've hit a creative roadblock with them.

Beasts for many editions and years have been nothing more than chaos cannon fodder, and this was since 8th edition.

If souping them means they survive then I'd rather that than lose them altogether, and I bet when that happens there will be a lot of god armies with bestigors as the rank and file.

As a faction they just need some real love, not just model wise, but also narrative wise, and where their place is over and above "and then a thousand beastmen charged into the oncoming army and were destroyed after inflicting heavy casualties for no real reason other than you know.. beastmen".

I believe that like some of the destruction factions, beasts are in an infinity loop where their models need a massive over haul, after all, they're what 12 years old now, and like everything old world were designed around rank and flank so quite two dimensional in order to rank up.

AoS has teased some dynamic offerings in the form of warcry warbands and the like, as it did with chaos warriors - fluff them up a bit and give them a polish and people go wow once again.

Surely there's someone in that studio, both writer and artist who has a lot of love for beasts with some vision for them.

In fairness, beasts could become chaos' chaos.  In the very old fluff they always were the true children of chaos, not boosted by worship of gods or praying for favour. They were the very first children of chaos created, the very first mutations of chaos seeping into the world, and worshipped the raw essence that was chaos rather than the divinity of the chaos gods themselves.

It wasn't until Realm of Chaos : slaves to darkness in third ed whfb that we see them throwing their lot in as champions and followers of a given god, and picking up marks.

Ultimately one could say that they hate even archaon and the chaos pantheon as to them it's not the true essence of chaos in its purest mutable unadulterated form - as has been said before using the D&D alignment analogy, Beastmen are truly chaotic evil, but the gods of chaos and civilisations worshipping chaos are perhaps seen by the beasts as lawful evil, so still something to be torn down and destroyed.

But whichever way they go, a redesign and a proper rethink is necessary, or if the mothership can't be bothered, then I'd rather see them thrown in with chaos factions as pickable troop choices than lose them outright to squatting.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Most important news item of the day:

The limited edition Vampire Lord has an optional little bat friend.

https://i.redd.it/r4n7o1di5ru71.jpg

That's freak'n awesome! She was a must for me beforehand but I actually prefer her with the bat. 

I know it's daft and my pile of shame is already too big but... this one model alone has got me eyeing up Soulblight again. 

Edited by lare2
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I think that like brets, they've hit a creative roadblock with them.

Beasts for many editions and years have been nothing more than chaos cannon fodder, and this was since 8th edition.

If souping them means they survive then I'd rather that than lose them altogether, and I bet when that happens there will be a lot of god armies with bestigors as the rank and file.

As a faction they just need some real love, not just model wise, but also narrative wise, and where their place is over and above "and then a thousand beastmen charged into the oncoming army and were destroyed after inflicting heavy casualties for no real reason other than you know.. beastmen".

I believe that like some of the destruction factions, beasts are in an infinity loop where their models need a massive over haul, after all, they're what 12 years old now, and like everything old world were designed around rank and flank so quite two dimensional in order to rank up.

AoS has teased some dynamic offerings in the form of warcry warbands and the like, as it did with chaos warriors - fluff them up a bit and give them a polish and people go wow once again.

Surely there's someone in that studio, both writer and artist who has a lot of love for beasts with some vision for them.

In fairness, beasts could become chaos' chaos.  In the very old fluff they always were the true children of chaos, not boosted by worship of gods or praying for favour. They were the very first children of chaos created, the very first mutations of chaos seeping into the world, and worshipped the raw essence that was chaos rather than the divinity of the chaos gods themselves.

It wasn't until Realm of Chaos : slaves to darkness in third ed whfb that we see them throwing their lot in as champions and followers of a given god, and picking up marks.

Ultimately one could say that they hate even archaon and the chaos pantheon as to them it's not the true essence of chaos in its purest mutable unadulterated form - as has been said before using the D&D alignment analogy, Beastmen are truly chaotic evil, but the gods of chaos and civilisations worshipping chaos are perhaps seen by the beasts as lawful evil, so still something to be torn down and destroyed.

But whichever way they go, a redesign and a proper rethink is necessary, or if the mothership can't be bothered, then I'd rather see them thrown in with chaos factions as pickable troop choices than lose them outright to squatting.

Mmm, good thoughts in general; but as much as we (as a community) tend to complain, I do hope that GaW does have some creativity in them to resolve these issues - if they want.

I think you're right about the vicious cycle they're experiencing, but i think a lot has to do with money numbers - I do not believe it's a narrative dead end.  All they really need is any sort of leadership, which they do not have right now.  They've implied Morghur has been 'speaking' to some in their dreams, etc.  A shift towards a more true monstrous and mutation chaos would, in my opinion, have a niche.  They could also focus more on the dragon ogors - they have  rich history that can be used, and have the potential to be a true monstrous infantry focused faction like mawtribes for chaos.  There are definitely options - Like you say, they just need the will to bother picking an idea and going with it. 

They need only two things:  a unique narrative focus, and a unique mechanical focus. I think the frustration gets worse and worse because i feel most people can sense opportunity for both... it's just always a little out of reach.

But in the end, that's why i made up 'resignlisting'.  i'd also rather BoC be souped then gone, but I can't imagine it's the wish for many people.  Frankly I think if there is too much faction bloat, there are other factions to merge that make more sense to trim things.

I think at this point my biggest fear is they'd never truly be squatted - they'd just never again be supported beyond tangentially.  We'll still get pestigors and such by association, but no updates, no books, no models.  No official squatting, but just forgotten about like the brets, but without the end of fantasy to take them off life support.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Where's this model releasing? Is it a store exclusive? or an award from Warhammer + ? 

This vampire lord and a primaris lieutenant are limited edition models for Warhammer Day:

"This Primaris Lieutenant With Storm Shield will be joined by the Vampire Lord Anasta Malkorion, with both miniatures available for a strictly limited time starting on Warhammer Day itself, the 30th of October, until the 7th of November. Anasta Malkorion will be available in stores and online, but you’ll only be able to acquire our brave Lieutenant from Games-Workshop.com."

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

This vampire lord and a primaris lieutenant are limited edition models for Warhammer Day:

"This Primaris Lieutenant With Storm Shield will be joined by the Vampire Lord Anasta Malkorion, with both miniatures available for a strictly limited time starting on Warhammer Day itself, the 30th of October, until the 7th of November. Anasta Malkorion will be available in stores and online, but you’ll only be able to acquire our brave Lieutenant from Games-Workshop.com."

Ahh thanks! I missed that announcement. Will have to drop by my local store and pick it up on the 30th then. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it's a dragon and not a terrorgheist, I'm sorry to say that this little fella is likely being raised so she can feed on its blood once it's matured and thus get rid of her thirst for blood. That's how a few Vampire Counts characters did it in the old Fantasy lore (except the "taking care of it as it grows up" part, they just found one).

And well, that way she might get a sweet zombie dragon if she can, too. Though who knows, maybe she wants to keep it alive despite it all.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, RamsesIII said:

If it's a dragon and not a terrorgheist, I'm sorry to say that this little fella is likely being raised so she can feed on its blood once it's matured and thus get rid of her thirst for blood. That's how a few Vampire Counts characters did it in the old Fantasy lore (except the "taking care of it as it grows up" part, they just found one).

And well, that way she might get a sweet zombie dragon if she can, too. Though who knows, maybe she wants to keep it alive despite it all.

 

images - 2021-10-21T142308.198.jpeg

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a single other Warhammer dragon with ears? Or is this cute little totally not a bat the first.

Do dragon ears turn into horns as they mature? Do they develop scales around the same stage? Are all bats really just baby dragons? Is there a cocoon involved?? So many questions!

Edited by Orbei
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Ratboy genius said:

People on this site make no sense sometimes. Like I see a lot of posters saying x y z belong in destruction like giving them an existing personality with a strong identity would fix destructions amorphous identity.

Destructions Identity is as a force of nature. All of the destruction battletomes make a connection between the damage caused by destruction forces and natural disasters, and they all fit as well.  In a way the forces of Destruction are the forces of the realms themselves fighting back against those who would try to claim them.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...