The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

But would someone be so kind as to point out to me what exactly appears to be Aelven about the spider guy, because I just don't see it at all. Is it just the jagged blades? Because if that's it that appears to be rather weak evidence. 

I think its the swords plus the similarities between the spider's collar and the corsair's collar? Tbh I dont really see it either

1 hour ago, FFJump said:

Wait is that suggesting the enemy warband is Chaos Dwarfs? I really would have thought if it was Chaos Dwarfs they would have made a bigger deal. A spider warband is cool and everything, but I would have thought the "Return of the Chaos Dwarfs" would have been a bigger WOAH factor for the previews or at least already hinted at. Unless you're just saying that terrain in the video was made by Chaos Dwarfs lol

If it is Chaos Duardin it would be a much bigger WOAH factor when they unveil the box set at Warhammerfest!! Imagine, they show off the Spider Warband and then a new animated trailer plays revealing Chaos Duardin. 

Wallets worldwide would cry and Warcry* would have the biggest boxed games sales related to AOS in history. 

*Lots of crying here.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

But would someone be so kind as to point out to me what exactly appears to be Aelven about the spider guy, because I just don't see it at all. Is it just the jagged blades? Because if that's it that appears to be rather weak evidence. 

well it's clearly not dwarf, and it's not covered in gold armour, and very silly looking, therefore elf innit.

• Haha 6

I just wanted Kurnothi and some Dark Elves, and I get a big centaur boy and some Spider Cult Genestealers. 

I quite like the model but man is that random in the context of what still needs to be fleshed out from the known lore. Curious to see if the rest of the warband will be similar or have some strong variations within a running theme. I hope there’s a scuttling one 🕷 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Chaos Shepard said:

No denying, this is a pretty cool looking model. But I just realized the base contact on this models is garbage. 

I am hoping the skull is part of the model, and if it is that it will be a lot easier to glue it to the base. If it is only the cape it will be a pain in the a** to glue it to te base.

20 minutes ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

I am hoping the skull is part of the model, and if it is that it will be a lot easier to glue it to the base. If it is only the cape it will be a pain in the a** to glue it to te base.

If it is a pushfit model it will be pinned to the base. Hope it doesnt have wobbly Lady O issues though.

It's hard for me to get excited about the idea of Chaos Dwarfs in Warcry because it doesn't necessarily mean they'll appear in AoS proper - particularly if their inevitable warscroll just had a <Slaves To Darkness> tag. Sort of like how Goblin Wolf Riders and Kurnothi were in Underworlds, but there has been nary a peep about them potentially showing up in AoS as more than in "Steve the Intern was told to write rules for them on his lunchbreak" style. 

15 minutes ago, Aeryenn said:

Unless I missed something while scrolling through the posts I can't believe nobody mentioned Silent People. If this is not a specimen of them, I don't know what is.

I was just going to make a post about what the connection of those new spider guys to the established fluff might be. Silent People seem like an option, but I don't think they are it. The main reason being that they are described as insectile, not spiders. Those two things are close, but they are thematically different.

These are the clues I get from the video:

• Eightfold Watcher
  • Hateful Web
  • Ascension
  • Weird swirly eight-pointed star

So who could those guys be related to?

Malerion

He likes watching stuff, so maybe? Not a strong spider connection, though.

The Spider God

Thematically on point, but the Broodmaster does not seem like a Destruction guy.

Silent People

See above.

Some kind of weird c-lister chaos god?

Is this the long awaited return of Malal?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I was just going to make a post about what the connection of those new spider guys to the established fluff might be. Silent People seem like an option, but I don't think they are it. The main reason being that they are described as insectile, not spiders. Those two things are close, but they are thematically different.

These are the clues I get from the video:

• Eightfold Watcher
  • Hateful Web
  • Ascension
  • Weird swirly eight-pointed star

So who could those guys be related to?

Malerion

He likes watching stuff, so maybe? Not a strong spider connection, though.

The Spider God

Thematically on point, but the Broodmaster does not seem like a Destruction guy.

Silent People

See above.

Some kind of weird c-lister chaos god?

Is this the long awaited return of Malal?

With all the Warbands in the Eightpoints, minor Chaos Gods at play could very well see Malal return. First Malal, then Morghur...

• LOVE IT! 1