The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Actually, I do like the fact that skaven are basically almost unable to to ally with other faction.

I see the sense in what you're saying, I guess either let some ally with Tzeentch or ban the others from allying with Nurgle.

The opposing force will be an orc warband that includes that one gutrippa with no current incarnation. We have several rumor engines with the same buzzards, implying it's a motif among several models. Birds vs. spiders.

Edited by Mutton
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I see the sense in what you're saying, I guess either let some ally with Tzeentch or ban the others from allying with Nurgle.

Yeah let’s ban nurgle,

no pestilential santa claus is allowed in our ratty hidy holes.

And to make it upt for all those skaven players, shall we increase the min. size of stormvermins and plague monks by another 10models

Skaven just need to return to basics,have some units as battline and for every main clan allegiance or general "type" adds some battlelines(and please makes something for Enshin and Moulder).

It's not warp-powered rocket science....

Still it fits not having allies as they are backstabbing hateful little monsters(more than the other chaotic armies).

Btw the spiderman seems nice,not ny cup of tea but nice indeed...but now i'm just obsessed on @Whitefang comment and can't stop thinking about Hashut sons.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Is this model Malerion elves maybe?

“You may have spotted a few clues to the Broodmaster’s identity in the video”

image.jpeg.7c4e118e146efda233d2397dbb0e7cf1.jpegimage.jpeg.3edec130ccf1622ed8aff065cf761307.jpeg

Similar weapons, colour palette and a vaguely elven voice over. There has been a fair bit of speculation regarding Malerion being more twisted and demonic than before. 🤔

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Disappointed they're just Spider-LARPers, but it's a cool design. The right mix of weird without seeming too overdesigned like The Unmade.

The Unmade are to me the most aesthetically original Warcry warband. Beautiful models.

All of Warcry Chaos warbands are quite amazing, but this spider guy just looks lame.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

image.jpeg.7c4e118e146efda233d2397dbb0e7cf1.jpegimage.jpeg.3edec130ccf1622ed8aff065cf761307.jpeg

Similar weapons, colour palette and a vaguely elven voice over. There has been a fair bit of speculation regarding Malerion being more twisted and demonic than before. 🤔

We had a non-elven release since the last high elves, so some might think it was time to get more pointy ears.

24 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

The belt is a chaotic star though and i doubt Malerion is now a chaos god.

Also the eightfold watcher seems similar to the eightfold path of chaos...so i really doubt is an ulgu elvish warband (other than being lame as the last time we already got daughters starting warband).

• Confused 1

firstly that chaos dwarf is rubbish. he looks nothing like a chaos dwarf, just because he's got a silly hat, it doesn't make him a chaos dwarf.

Secondly what's he doing with a scared octopus on the back of his head?

Thirdly.. do we think khorne will wake up to the fact that everyone has a hero that can absolutely cane anything in close combat apart from him.. well he did have but he was parked on a huge dragon that is now out of production so that doesn't count.

Anyway back to what I was saying, what's with the stupid looking thing with the dead octopus on the back of his head?  Couldn't he use a dead chicken like every other cultist?

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Very cool model. If it wasn’t on the Warhammer site and someone showed it to me, I would have no clue it was a Warhammer model.  

I guess it fits with AoS as an anything is possible setting, but for some reason it really makes me miss the Old World setting. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

Malerion is a chaos God. Checkmate fellow nerds. 

realmslayer-book.jpg

still a bit tall for a dwarf if you ask me.

And there we go again with the cruel bit.. every elf wants to be a chaos dwarf, if it isn't the bull divinity and a big hat it's the cruel aspect. Everyone wants to be a chaos dorf..

6 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

There are no mentions whatsoever of Malerion's aelves having any connection to spiders. This guy on the other hand has no visual clues on him that would tie him to the things we know are Malerion-like: shadows, reptilian wings, milltary aelves.

He's probably chaos, sure. His proportions sure look aelflike to me, though, and his aesthetic doesn't look like anything in the current chaos line. He really reminds me of the old dark elves. Spiders would make sense as a realm of shadows thing and be a neat answer to Morathi's snakes. Mainly I just like him so I'm hoping he's a Malekith elf. Wishful thinking! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Whitefang said:

They may be not, but...

Wait is that suggesting the enemy warband is Chaos Dwarfs? I really would have thought if it was Chaos Dwarfs they would have made a bigger deal. A spider warband is cool and everything, but I would have thought the "Return of the Chaos Dwarfs" would have been a bigger WOAH factor for the previews or at least already hinted at. Unless you're just saying that terrain in the video was made by Chaos Dwarfs lol

1 hour ago, NotAWzrd said:

I'm leaning towards calling this a throwback (not a respawn) because Lokhir wouldn't be caught dead inland; he's too much of a sailor to be anywhere without access to the open seas. Can't recall GW bringing anyone back without giving respect to their WHF origins.

As a Spuderfang player: I guess I truly never had faith to begin with but still… it hurts.

I guess that the spider iconography means Chaos now, let’s retcon the Spider-god and be done with it…

Bone-splitter fellas, wanna share a battletome? Any other forgotten tribe is welcome!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They could just be elves that worship chaos. Isnt the whole point of StD that they are the tribes that used to live on the realms and got enslaved into serving chaos? Im sure there must've been a couple of elves that got enslaved by chaos. They dont have to be related to one of the elven gods, just like the CoS elves are not.

Even tho I COULD see if someone confirmed this as Malerion elf, it doesnt have to be tbh.

Edit: looks like one of the splintered fang warband is an elf already (top right). So we have a precedent for it just being a chaos worshiping elf.

99120201087_WCSplinteredFang03.jpg

Edited by Higolx
Added a picture