The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Norray said:

Hello, again me :) What is coming next to WU?

Reveal hidden contents

Yes Pirate ogre/maneater is coming with his parrot and monkey
Next warband will be Necromancer and zombies (they have interesting link to lighting bolts :D)
New starter will include Malerion aelves

Human warband=Witch hunters
And yes we are still getting 8 warbands this season.

Pirate Ogor, Parrot, MONKEE!!! 🙊

Also I just learned Bladeborn was already released?

Edited by Neverchosen

15 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Great interested about the deadwalker one, sadly considering what GW said is just "an idea" explored with no aos waves linked to it...(but considering soulblight already got their share it makes senses and i doubt gw will expand other undead like deadwalkers and deathrattles).

I actually think that a mad scientist necromancer and his creature are perfect for a one-off. Feels like exactly the kind of concept where you'd just have one guy like that running around, not a whole army.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I actually think that a mad scientist necromancer and his creature are perfect for a one-off. Feels like exactly the kind of concept where you'd just have one guy like that running around, not a whole army.

I agree it seems like a great one off unit with ties to a particular literary character, whose name escapes me at the moment:

Also I was looking into some Underworlds info and just learned Blade Born has been released? I cannot find it listed at any stores in the Chaos Wastes aka Canada... as a Slaves to Darkness player and Warcry fan I was really interested in this release

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

You're right....still deadwalker as a faction could still get expanded if we go by the lore of their "kingdoms" and nobility(flesh colossi and other undead creation).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

You're right....still deadwalker as a faction could still get expanded if we go by the lore of their "kingdoms" and nobility(flesh colossi and other undead creation).

Honestly if GW wanted they could easily double or triple the size of SBGL. Vampire Infantry, Vampire Riding a mount somewhere between a Zombie Dragon and Horse. Skeleton Archers, Skeletons of a larger creature, Flesh golems, other creatures / animals in zombie form, etc. So many possibilities. 

24 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Also I was looking into some Underworlds info and just learned Blade Born has been released? I cannot find it listed at any stores in the Chaos Wastes aka Canada... as a Slaves to Darkness player and Warcry fan I was really interested in this release

found out Bladeborn rules are free online https://ageofsigmar.com/games/bladeborn/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Honestly if GW wanted they could easily double or triple the size of SBGL. Vampire Infantry, Vampire Riding a mount somewhere between a Zombie Dragon and Horse. Skeleton Archers, Skeletons of a larger creature, Flesh golems, other creatures / animals in zombie form, etc. So many possibilities. 

I really like your idea, but I feel the names need to be more unique. I'm just making these up as I write, I'm just WIP brainstorming, so bear with me. Humm...

Flesh golems...maybe call them...Ushabti? Larger creature...maybe a Tomb Scorpion? A Warsphinx? And a serpentine undead...I know! Sepulchral Stalker! And maybe a giant bone catapult carrying the name of 'Screaming Skull Catapult', so cool!

Don't worry, checked GW's webpage, they aren't using these names for anything currently.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

found out Bladeborn rules are free online https://ageofsigmar.com/games/bladeborn/

Are the Warcry rules/fighter cards online anywhere yet?

Also, any indication that we'll get Warcry rules for other Underworlds warbands? That would be... pretty awesome and fun, hopefully GW follows through here, as it would in theory drive demand for models for both games but... 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, Norray said:

Reveal hidden contents

Next warband will be Necromancer and zombies (they have interesting link to lighting bolts :D)

Nice! Sounds like fun releases ahead!

The preorders are up and Skaeths Wild Hunt and other war bands are up apparently.. 

Technically the Kurnothi get a release!

5 hours ago, oggurt_da_bog_zombie said:

Are the Warcry rules/fighter cards online anywhere yet?

Also, any indication that we'll get Warcry rules for other Underworlds warbands? That would be... pretty awesome and fun, hopefully GW follows through here, as it would in theory drive demand for models for both games but... 🤷‍♂️

for kruleboyz and thunderstrike yes, those are up on warcom!

as for WHU in Warcry, there was a sliver of a rumor. it'd be cool to have them as unique units in Warcry too though I hope it doesn't come at the cost of other Warcry specific warbands

9 hours ago, Norray said:

Hide contents

If this is true I might just have to buy every warband this year...good thing I play Underworlds too!

Also a Frankenstein-esque zombie would make perfect sense as the nature of underworlds warbands is that there always needs to be a "bruiser" in more of a "horde" warband.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Loving the new Profile Picture mate 😉

Thank you, it is important to remind folks about the important things in this hobby... namely Pirate Ogors!

It will one day return to chaos, maybe I will split the difference and use a Shaggoth profile pic!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

Quick question reguarding FAQs. I don't exactly follow Stormcast and Orks that closely, but are there any major issue in their books that need clarification?

The big thing is Translocate not having the wording preventing you from moving after teleporting. I mean there's stuff like dragons being stupidly undercosted but that's not something they're going to fix in an initial FAQ anyway.

2 hours ago, Chaos Shepard said:

Quick question reguarding FAQs. I don't exactly follow Stormcast and Orks that closely, but are there any major issue in their books that need clarification?

The Marshcralla Sloggoth is currently missing the Kruleboyz keyword which is something we expect to be fixed or clarified as intended.

• Like 1