The Rumour Thread

28 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

PIRATE OGORS JUST BECAME THAT MUCH MORE PLAUSIBLE!! This is incredible to see. Looks like Underworlds is getting the Kill Team treatment with a new Core Box. 

I wonder what the Lightning insignia is? Surely not more Stormcast?

Thunderscorn maybe?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hmm, so presuming that the next core set will also be followed by two warbands, then it means that overall there will be as many as usual, but more of them will be locked up in expensive core sets. No idea how that affects underworlds itself, but that's not so great for those of us who just like to buy the odd individual warband for painting or for AoS.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Wow. New Core Set now. Another new Core Set in under a year.

That accelerates the planned obsolescence to crazy levels! Glad I'm getting out.

This is not an airport you don't need to announce your departure. Also

image.png.f5048185a37eb2a76a55c381c928c369.png

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Feii said:

This is not an airport you don't need to announce your departure. Also

image.png.f5048185a37eb2a76a55c381c928c369.png

While some level of political talk (especially when it comes to theories and worldviews) are interesting and welcome, it's best for the sake of civil discourse to keep real world politicians out of it :)

• Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Really? I got parrot from the beak and head shape without reading the article first. But maybe that jolly roger primed me.

They generally don’t have that kind of eyelids structure and their beaks are more curved downwards

well also talons on the upper wing but fantasy interpretation 

38 minutes ago, novakai said:

Ugh I bet the new core set is going to cost the same as Harrowdeep, games is good but I do think this is probably going to be precieved added the worst season by the community with already how bad Harrowdeep is

As someone looking at maybe getting into Underworlds, why is Harrowdeep bad?

38 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Hmm, so presuming that the next core set will also be followed by two warbands, then it means that overall there will be as many as usual, but more of them will be locked up in expensive core sets. No idea how that affects underworlds itself, but that's not so great for those of us who just like to buy the odd individual warband for painting or for AoS.

It may actual be 6 warband total this year, they usually finish the rotation by Q2

23 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

As someone looking at maybe getting into Underworlds, why is Harrowdeep bad?

If you haven't bought into Underworlds yet it isn't bad, and tbh the SET itself isn't bad. It is the pricepoint, that is the highest ever for any WHU core set. And now we're learning that a SECOND core set will be released within the same season/year... most likely at the same absurd 100 USD price point. Which means that Underworlds is very, very quickly going from extremely easy to buy into, especially for non-Warhammer people, to "not sure if I can recommend it anymore." 

Edit: Another thing that REALLY bothers me about this roadmap is this passage:

each including an all-new pair of warbands, fresh board designs, universal cards, and more.

And that’s not all! This is all in addition to two further warband releases per season, each with a ready-made Rivals deck, as well as more universal and grand alliance cards to open up even more deck-building opportunities in Championship format. This change gives the design team more opportunities to advance the narrative, introduce different mechanics, and tighten up the core rules to continually improve the game.

So the 2nd core set may not even be optional for serious players because it gives new universal and alliance cards. And yet again the excuse that selling something new will help fix/update rules. You know what else is great for that? Free online rulesets.

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 7

I'm usually the first to point out that GW know what they're doing better than we do, but there has usually been a lot of fairly obvious savvy in their decision making, or at least a case of giving with one hand while taking with the other. 

Their current output reeks of profiteering and short term thinking though. Which- you know, capitalism. I don't meant it in a moral sense. Just that they seem to have abandoned a fairly consistent methodical approach to economy in favour of CHARGE MORE FOR EVERYTHING, NOW 

• Like 7

I think the reason is simple: GW needs money due to supply chain crisis in the world and brexit consequences, recent FAQ for Underworlds fixed pretty much everything, why not make a new book where everything is fixed and sell it? Ta-da ! lemme introduce New Edition!

Edited by dnusha

Just now, edmc78 said:

Presumably this second core set is to replace the one that came out earlier this year with castigators vs nighaunt? May well be at a cheaper price as well. 

Well the thing is that they didn’t release any new separate ETB kits during Dominon like they did for Dreadfane.

also they did say two new warbands which I feel mean they are brand new and not reuse models