The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

A Doombull would be awesome!! Fits Era of the Beast as well, may also be where that Rumour of the new Plastic Doombull and Jabberslythe came from?

Fingers are still crossed for the Ogor Maneater Pirates to be true!!

I am really excited about the prospect of Ogor Maneater Pirate but I am concerned about Maneaters in a broader sense. Namely will they retain their identity and flavour as unique models making up a unit or will they become more generic with a plastic kit? I hope they get sculpts based on the different realms and get released via Underworlds/Warcy but I am starting to worry they will disappear alongside the rest of the resin sculpts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am really excited about the prospect of Ogor Maneater Pirate but I am concerned about Maneaters in a broader sense. Namely will they retain their identity and flavour as unique models making up a unit or will they become more generic with a plastic kit? I hope they get sculpts based on the different realms and get released via Underworlds/Warcy but I am starting to worry they will disappear alongside the rest of the resin sculpts. 

I hope they remain in at least some capacity. They are a very unique unit, especially in how they look. A multi part kit with different options for the Realms would be amazing!!

Though I agree that the best way to release them is either via Underworlds or Warcry as I dont see GW giving us individual Maneaters such as they are now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope they remain in at least some capacity. They are a very unique unit, especially in how they look. A multi part kit with different options for the Realms would be amazing!!

Though I agree that the best way to release them is either via Underworlds or Warcry as I dont see GW giving us individual Maneaters such as they are now. 

I completely agree, I think they are such a fun and cool part of Ogors lore and history. I am still tempted to use the best ogres as Maneaters:

But I keep holding off in case they make a cool unit of Maneaters for AOS or Firebellies get a full subfaction. I feel like Maneaters will be like Varanguard a unit I desperately want but never can justify purchasing. 😢

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I completely agree, I think they are such a fun and cool part of Ogors lore and history. I am still tempted to use the best ogres as Maneaters:

But I keep holding off in case they make a cool unit of Maneaters for AOS or Firebellies get a full subfaction. I feel like Maneaters will be like Varanguard a unit I desperately want but never can justify purchasing. 😢

I like these ogres, but the gnoblars are a bit bland and uninspiring compared to the Snotling team.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Mate I'm in the exact same boat!! I keep going to purchase these guys for converting but think to myself, what of Ogors are next with new sculpts? 

• Haha 1

To be honest if I were in charge of updating Maneaters for AoS I'd be tempted to make them an army subfaction instead of a specific unit, I think with the much broader scope of the mortal realms it'd be tricky to design a kit which hits the wide-travelling mercenary concept in a satisfactory way.  Whereas if it's a subfaction that let's you, say, include 1/4 units from a broad list of ally factions, or whatever, that would suit better in my mind.

That said I do think an Ogor sculpt is a likely fit for that rumour engine, though as ever it could just be a warcry/underworlds release.

• Like 1

Me waiting for Kurnothi rumours like...

meeting-bored.gif

Did we ever have any confirmation from GW that they are thinking about ever rereleasing wood elves in any way shape or form? Ever since they released Qulathis the Exile from Cursed City i at least need a new unit of glade guard lookalikes in my life.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Iksdee said:

Me waiting for Kurnothi rumours like...

meeting-bored.gif

Did we ever have any confirmation from GW that they are thinking about ever rereleasing wood elves in any way shape or form? Ever since they released Qulathis the Exile from Cursed City i at least need a new unit of glade guard lookalikes in my life.

Not that I know anything but I bet they‘d introduce them (as well as Kurnothi) as part of Sylvaneth sooner or later. Qulathis is an awesome mini for sure that would deserve a release. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Interesting, I really hope it is a new plastic Doombull! I feel like most of the other things I am hoping for are a little too large for Underworlds. I wonder if we might get a Chaos Duardin Demon engine or would that step on the toes of the Skaven?

not unless the skaven was sons of beer matt sized.  And who cares, big bull, little bull, crispy dead rat. 

All together now...

big bull, little bull.... 

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I like these ogres, but the gnoblars are a bit bland and uninspiring compared to the Snotling team.

Ah but the Gnoblars are not enough for a full unit in AoS, so you buy the Snotling team and mix and match for a full Gnoblar unit and then you have two teams for Bloodbowl and a full unit for AOS. 

Profit-Maximization-1-56a27da93df78cf772

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!!!

Waitaminute,

I remembered when I first got into the hobby reading about a tomb king who was sealed in the land of the Border Princes, could it be that he is getting a model?!

OK, obviously super temper your expectations. Right now all that is confirmed is that Tomb Kings are on a map.

But on the other hand: EVERYONE IS GETTING NEW MODELS

FULL PLASTIC TOMB KING LINE WILL BE THE NEXT PRE-ORDER ANNOUNCEMENT

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

OK, obviously super temper your expectations. Right now all that is confirmed is that Tomb Kings are on a map.

But on the other hand: EVERYONE IS GETTING NEW MODELS

FULL PLASTIC TOMB KING LINE WILL BE THE NEXT PRE-ORDER ANNOUNCEMENT

But that means……

NECROSPHINXES WILL BE REASONABLY PRICED AGAIN ON EBAY!!!!

• Haha 3

What are the odds GW just brings back the “old” 8th edition TK molds alongside some updated fine cast models and calls it a day?

Please Note: I’m not against the above happening, but I would also like to see some new units alongside updated models. 

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri

38 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I remembered when I first got into the hobby reading about a tomb king who was sealed in the land of the Border Princes, could it be that he is getting a model?!

That icon is technically in the Badlands, which is heavily contested orc vs dwarf territory, so probably not?

2 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

What are the odds GW just brings back the “old” 8th edition TK molds alongside some updated fine cast models and calls it a day?

very high I'd say. We'll have to wait and see about whatever COS revamp happens to tell how much overlap certain kits will have in TOW

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

I am hoping that I can use my Slaves to Darkness in this game with a movement tray that creates a proper regiment. Maybe my Ogors as well... because I am the type of person that will start an army in this game right away.

Maybe I will play Demons on square bases so that I can use them in AOS or Kislev and use them as Cities troops for a Stormkeep list... no matter the case I cannot afford this game 😦

15 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Do it! 

Here are some of my maneaters from the bloodbowl models.

Their arms arms not as muscular as regular ogors, but you can use shields and shoulderpads to hide that.

20211007_194619.jpg

20211007_194621.jpg

20211007_194635.jpg

20211007_194645.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 7

3 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Definitely mate thank you! Certainly a relief I really hope this is the case for all future limited box sets. Fingers crossed. 

Buzzin for you mate seeing that TK symbol on TOW map! 

Honestly if I see Tomb Kings back on that GW website, what a day that's going to be. Having to cope with a Total War Settra campaign for now 😔

• Like 1

Is it just me or are some of the names of the Border Prince nobles written in different fonts? It's not just about 'heritage', see much more 'imperial' House of Gastonne (despite the very Bretonnian coat of arms and name!) vs 'bretonnian' Tordorno. Uvetovsk (Kislev?), Ortegeta (Estalia?), Pontenne (--) and Harkon (Vampire Counts?) seem to also be unique fonts or differ from the bretonnian/Empire fonts. Maybe teasing allegiance? Subfactions? Am I over thinking this?

• Like 1