The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

As for Underworlds: they are named characters that are playable in AoS, just like things like Archaon or Kratakros. They abide by the sa mm e limitations and have their own warscrolls. I do agree these characters are wildly underutilised.

My one wish for an Updated Underworlds warscrolls going ahead is treating them more like how named characters get treated. With command abilities and subfactions. Let's take Mollog for example, since he is 90% done. Keep him exactly the same, give him a fun unique command ability for Troggs, and maybe throw him in with Glogg's Megamob. Easy named character, don't even need to spend money on a new sculpt.

For someone with a proper retinue like Zarbag, just give them rules (or for some warbands better rules) for shirking off damage to their bodyguards. A named wizard with a built in meat shield is awesome. Or just give the leader solo rules and pretend the warband is bonus alternative sculpts, since most of these warbands have a similar price to buying their respective hero solo (like the KO warband being the same price as the Chemist).

I just want to bring Mollog more often. He's adorable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

My one wish for an Updated Underworlds warscrolls going ahead is treating them more like how named characters get treated. With command abilities and subfactions. Let's take Mollog for example, since he is 90% done. Keep him exactly the same, give him a fun unique command ability for Troggs, and maybe throw him in with Glogg's Megamob. Easy named character, don't even need to spend money on a new sculpt.

For someone with a proper retinue like Zarbag, just give them rules (or for some warbands better rules) for shirking off damage to their bodyguards. A named wizard with a built in meat shield is awesome. Or just give the leader solo rules and pretend the warband is bonus alternative sculpts, since most of these warbands have a similar price to buying their respective hero solo (like the KO warband being the same price as the Chemist).

I just want to bring Mollog more often. He's adorable.

I love this idea of using the warband like a bodyguard unit! It will make the warscrolls cleaner and easier to write and like with the Warcry warbands can rather simply be given a fairly standard warscroll to help mitigate some of the more eclectic warbands. I think it is a simple enough way of making the characters stand out without making the warscrolls too complicated. I also want to echo the sentiments from earlier in the thread that giving them a niche within warcry will also make the underworlds warbands much more desirable for purchase.

But I love underworlds models even if I do not play the game. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I really like the Art that's been shown for the Blacktalon series. I might even sub once when it all is released to binch it (a two hour binch, wow XD)

More AoS please!

This is my plan for Warhammer+ Its not mainstream media such as the Mandalorian or anything that I'll have to watch quickly to avoid spoilers, so I'll wait until theres 2 or 3 AOS centric shows to sign up for a month or whatever is the shortest sign up time and binge them. 

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

This is my plan for Warhammer+ Its not mainstream media such as the Mandalorian or anything that I'll have to watch quickly to avoid spoilers, so I'll wait until theres 2 or 3 AOS centric shows to sign up for a month or whatever is the shortest sign up time and binge them. 

That 's what  I don't get with warhammer +,  why would you sub now and pay for x months before you get all the episodes while you can just wait to have everything available and pay for a single month ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sigmarusvult said:

That 's what  I don't get with warhammer +,  why would you sub now and pay for x months before you get all the episodes while you can just wait to have everything available and pay for a single month ?

For 40k there is actual value, since you do get their almost/mostly finished app

28 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Callaxius assassin mini

or the ironjawz warboss

16 minutes ago, Sarouan said:

Or the voucher. Or the current lottery for winning the full painting collection. Or whatever other event GW will advertise to incite people to subscribe. ;)

Indeed, it's obviously a way for gw to advetise for W+ but from a consumer perspective I still don't see the benefit. FYI, as someone pointed out, you don't need to sub to W+ in order to participate in in the lottery for the painting collection.

36 minutes ago, novakai said:

Callaxius assassin mini

or the ironjawz warboss

If you subscribe for a year, you'll get one for "free" but they are not exclusive to W+, GW already said that they'll be available for sale.

5 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I mean... I think we all want Idoneth veil lady and beef cake stormcast lady to kiss right?

It was me, I didn't look at the picture I posted very well. It was 40k related, so it was a tangent anyway. Wasn't intentional and I'm glad it was noticed and deleted.

But yes, Naeve and the Idoneth lady having a tryst would make me quite happy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Indeed, it's obviously a way for gw to advetise for W+ but from a consumer perspective I still don't see the benefit. FYI, as someone pointed out, you don't need to sub to W+ in order to participate in in the lottery for the painting collection.

Yes, but with some specific conditions. While if you subscribed, you're automatically in, nothing to do. :)

As for the benefit...same for everything you subscribe to access content. Indeed, if you wait for more to be there before subscribing one month to see it all to that point, you paid for one month for that.

Find whatever method suiting you, my friend.

31 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

If you subscribe for a year, you'll get one for "free" but they are not exclusive to W+, GW already said that they'll be available for sale.

Oh, be sure that GW will sell it to an outrageous price that will make subscribing to one year of Warhammer + actually being the "free stuff" included in the deal. :P

As for myself, I basically took one year for testing. One or two months isn't enough for that kind of long term content, anyway. With the "gifts" and all, I'm pretty sure I will lose nothing anyway in the end. For those who wait before subscribing...can't say the same.

So far, can't say I really have a lot I do care about. Too much 40k related content in comparison to AoS. Battle reports don't have a "wow" effect so far, and the painting videos aren't what I'm looking for. But the voucher makes the first two months basically free and I gain two months as well for the yearly subscription. With some luck, maybe I'll won the lottery and completely cover more than the basic cost. And if not...I'm sure GW will do more of similar things to tempt more people subscribing. Pretty sure they're aware the content isn't that awesome as advertised in their social media and struggle to convince so far, so that's why they'll keep using those kinds of event in the future IMHO.

Edited by Sarouan

7 hours ago, HollowHills said:

I mean... I think we all want Idoneth veil lady and beef cake stormcast lady to kiss right?

I would love it then hope they spin a Warhammer Romance imprint out of Black Library.

1 hour ago, Sigmarusvult said:

Citation needed on this as all of the things GW said about it seemed to imply that you get one free for subscribing and then subscribers would have the option to buy the other one too.

7 minutes ago, Benkei said:

I heard a rumour. I heard GW released a new edition for AoS this year.

This must obviously be wrong because if they did they would be promoting the game, right? i must have dreamt it

SUMMER OF SIGMAR, BABY!

23 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Damn, that vaguely anime style really works perfectly for Neave. Not going to sell me on WH+ but looks cool.

YLylo1aE9d0xWH2X.jpg

Between the pauldrons and tassets she looks very Thunderstrike now.

50 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

SUMMER OF SIGMAR, BABY!

Between the pauldrons and tassets she looks very Thunderstrike now.

That's an interesting detail. Since this is just concept art, we dont know if this is the final look but that's still enough to speculate. Could we maybe see a version 2.0 of existing chamber armors (since Grungni is back and everything)? Are we getting thunderstrike on other chambers like Vanguard and Sacrossanct? Or is this just some artistic liberties they took with the design?

1 hour ago, Higolx said:

That's an interesting detail. Since this is just concept art, we dont know if this is the final look but that's still enough to speculate. Could we maybe see a version 2.0 of existing chamber armors (since Grungni is back and everything)? Are we getting thunderstrike on other chambers like Vanguard and Sacrossanct? Or is this just some artistic liberties they took with the design?

I am fairly certain that her redesign is more about drawing animated combats and stunts; if she does get a remodel I'm sure it'll be the 2022 WH+ mini for AOS... Hopefully the show will at least tell us how/why she got Thunderstriked (thunderstruck?).

I think the older Chambers are safe for a while, but Vanguard being scouts and skirmishers would be first up for the redo IMHO, due to the fact that the sleeker armor is perfect for those jobs.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ratboy genius said:

what was the leak refresh my rat memory

It was a while ago, so I may get the details muddled but the basic gist of it was new warbands like the Kruel Boyz, a Cities of Sigmar band called Sigmar's Soul Seekers, and something about Dwarves? However, the person also listed something about a new token and that's come true apparently.

Edit: Found it! It was apparently Spanish, anyways the old leaks  said the future bands and minis were Shadow Elves, goblins, empire hero, Sigmar's soul hunters, and Skaven Engineer crew and a big chaos model.

Edited by Me-dude-sa

1 hour ago, Me-dude-sa said:

Edit: Found it! It was apparently Spanish, anyways the old leaks  said the future bands and minis were Shadow Elves, goblins, empire hero, Sigmar's soul hunters, and Skaven Engineer crew and a big chaos model.

Interesting, I really hope it is a new plastic Doombull! I feel like most of the other things I am hoping for are a little too large for Underworlds. I wonder if we might get a Chaos Duardin Demon engine or would that step on the toes of the Skaven?

Edited by Neverchosen

1 hour ago, Me-dude-sa said:

It was a while ago, so I may get the details muddled but the basic gist of it was new warbands like the Kruel Boyz, a Cities of Sigmar band called Sigmar's Soul Seekers, and something about Dwarves? However, the person also listed something about a new token and that's come true apparently.

5 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Interesting, I really hope it is a new plastic Doombull! I feel like most of the other things I am hoping for are a little too large for Underworlds. I wonder if we might get a Chaos Duardin Demon engine or would that step on the toes of the Skaven?

A Doombull would be awesome!! Fits Era of the Beast as well, may also be where that Rumour of the new Plastic Doombull and Jabberslythe came from?

Fingers are still crossed for the Ogor Maneater Pirates to be true!!

• LOVE IT! 1